• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [v4.2 Out!] Pokémon Radiant Version!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2021
    Here is the link to Version 2.2:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2f802tv3gi38azs/Pok%E9mon_Radiant_v2.2.zip/file

The bug involving the border gates and after losing has been fixed in Version 2.2
    I stupidly didn't read the second half of your post, Cris, and so haven't fixed the type expert or Estrius. I will have to annoyingly fix these in Version 2.3, which will come out hopefully on 22 Nov. In the meantime, please avoid those areas until then.
    Thanks, and sorry for my idiocy.
    Swdfm

hahaha no problem, thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    This is a great game highly recommended but there is only one thing it's missing full screen.

Is there any chance you could include a full screen option or the ability to use the one built into windows 10? (alt+enter)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    So, the reason that I and others cannot launch the game is because the graphics folder is missing much of its sub-folders I.e. characters, animations, tiles, sprites, etc. The only files it has is battlers. I've noticed that 2.0, 2.2, and 2.3 have this same problem and are unable to launch. Hopefully you can fix this as I do want to try your game. Thanks.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hello! Swdfm here again!

I have looked at your posts, and have noticed that quite a number say that the game says that most of the Graphics folder is not there, so the game cannot display the relevant graphic. This is supposed to be sorted during the game's compression, and the player isn't actually supposed to need the Graphics folder. I wanted to compress it because it is less file space and therefore less download time.
    In playtesting on another machine, the game ended up working fine, but you made the concerns, and I will address them nonetheless. So, I have released a patch for any Version 2 versions (which only have the Battlers folder) The patch simply is the rest of the Graphics folder, which you only have to drop in to the main folder, and HOPEFULLY this will solve the problem. I have called the patch Version 2.31.
    You do NOT have to use this patch if the game is working anyway, and only need to use it if an error comes up about the Graphics folder being missing.
    I have been working hard on Version 3.0, and it should be released in the spring. I am still watching this thread carefully for any comments/bugs.

Link to Version 2.31:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/5l17bjd13xsmm5e/Radiant_Version_2.31.zip/file

Thanks,
    Swdfm

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    Hi! I've been enjoying the game immensely. It feels really different from other single-player Pokemon games - reminds me of all those poke-mmo's that proliferated the web in the noughties. I love it! What a fresh experience.

All the new features are great and I've been having a lot of fun exploring and doing things my own way. Unfortunately, the amount of bugs does detract from it. I understand why they're there, with so many new things you did, it's incredibly impressive everything works so well. The quests are surprisingly fun to complete, I loved the one with the woman and her fiancee at the lake.

So now for suggestions and bug reports!

First of all, I feel very stupid for it now, but when I first started I thought you decided to not have Pokecenters, because all I could find was the hotel. I thought I'd have to pay for every pokemon healing. That's because I didn't realize the Lab was actually outside of the city! So I would suggest having a NPC point you towards Rojosa and mention a Pokecenter there, or put a pokemon-healing machine in the lab so that the beginning won't be as harsh.

Second is a minor suggestion - maybe the trainer level up sound could be a shorter and less annoying one? At the start when you get stamina level-ups every 30 seconds, the fanfare gets really wearisome.

And now onto the bugs:

- error message when a poison type hits a poke with Poison Point
    - fast travelling to Sedimentary Road takes you to Warm Forest
    - in quest "Music to my ears" talking to gate guard doesn't work, he just wants my money
    - I cannot complete "Litterbugs", I keep getting the starting quest dialogue over and over while having 5 garbages in my inventory. This also means I can't complete the task list :(
    - crash in Moss Temple. I've seen that reported previously but I'm still getting one in the newest version

Keep up the good work and thank you!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I wish the other starters had a species-based immunity. If Charmander could be immune to ice and Totodile immune to fighting or perhaps immune to dragon that would be cool. Itd make them feel a bit more special. Same with the other starters you get in the wild, would be nice to see them with a species immunity too.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Quick eads up, Im Starting a new game and for some reason the IVs of the starters are never above 9 for all starters no matter how many times I reset the game. The IV spread for treecko is always the same for some reason. Also theres no characteristic listed ont he summery screen to show what IV is the highest.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2020
    Hey the game crashes when i submit the form (with my name, gender, skintone) at the beginning of the game. I tried adding the Version 2.3 Graphics folder into the file but the issue persists

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    A reply to some recent concerns.

1)Hey the game crashes when i submit the form (with my name, gender, skintone) at the beginning of the game. I tried adding the Version 2.3 Graphics folder into the file but the issue persists

Can you tell me the nature of the crash? Does an error message come up, and what is the last message before the crash?

2)Quick eads up, Im Starting a new game and for some reason the IVs of the starters are never above 9 for all starters no matter how many times I reset the game. The IV spread for treecko is always the same for some reason. Also theres no characteristic listed ont he summery screen to show what IV is the highest.

the IVs should not be above 9, mainly because IVs do not exist as of Version 2.3. I thought IVs were
    too random in the game and did not reflect the players skill enough. hidden power still exists, and
    the type is random for each pokemon. hidden power is constantly at power 70, and the same applies for hidden punch

3) I wish the other starters had a species-based immunity. If Charmander could be immune to ice and Totodile immune to fighting or perhaps immune to dragon that would be cool. Itd make them feel a bit more special. Same with the other starters you get in the wild, would be nice to see them with a species immunity too.

that is a good idea and i will definitely look into that for the next update (due April. it has taken a while as there is a lot to put in)

hope I've helped

Swdfm

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    Did you find a fix for it?? I'm having the same problem with another game, but i�m running it on a different computer. Maybe it has something to do with Windows

Found the problem:

RMXP trips DEP if its in opt-out or always on mode. If you go into advanced system settings (open System under the Control Panel -> Advanced System Settings -> Performance -> Data Execution Prevention). If it's in opt-out mode (the second radio button 'Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select) you can add the edtior and Game.exe to the exclusion list and that will let RMXP games run.

I tried using your solution since i have the same problem but where exactly is the editor you are talking about?

I am also having a problem not being able to start the game at all.
    Tried the 2.31 patch but it doesnt seem to do anything about.
    I used to have a similar problem with pokemon AshGrey but when i run it from inside the zip without unzipping it it run .
    In this case however this doesnt work either.

That all i can help with and the things i noticed . I hope you can enlighten me as to what is the the problem.

Update 1 : I tried using my desktop computer and it run smoothly there without needing to do anything.
    If i find the reason for that i will update my post once more .

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    thanks for the heads up on the matter of IVs, I wish I knew that sooner. I can play without too much of a problem.

Now I just hope theres a hidden power checker somewhere in game to see what the type is for each species.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    What about mine? :( Did you miss them?

no, i copied your concerns but havent had a look at them yet, but i will address them here

- error message when a poison type hits a poke with Poison Point
    I believe this will be sorted in v3.0 already

- fast travelling to Sedimentary Road takes you to Warm Forest
    as above. i have also checked every fast travel location

- in quest "Music to my ears" talking to gate guard doesn't work, he just wants my money
    i think this has been sorted, but will double check

- I cannot complete "Litterbugs", I keep getting the starting quest dialogue over and over while having 5 garbages in my inventory. This also means I can't complete the task list :(
    definitely has been fixed for next update

- crash in Moss Temple. I've seen that reported previously but I'm still getting one in the newest version
    yes, this is due to there being two bugs there, and i only noticed and fixed one in v2.3. in v3.0, i believe they have both been fixed

so, i believe all your concerns will be addressed in the next update. obvs, let me know after release if any of these problems still occur. thank you, and sorry for not appearing concerned at first

as for you, looneyman, there definitely is one somewhere, but i believe you have to complete a quest. i will get back to you on that (it has been a good 18 months since i wrote the quests etc.!)

hope this helps

swdfm

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    Ah, thank you very much! Happy to hear things are getting fixed. Sorry to appear pushy, I just figured you may not have noticed the reply. In the mean time I found a batch of new bugs...

- Temple Treasure remains in inventory upon completing quest
    - crash while trying to use Chatter from party screen (as if to record voice sample)
    - crash when asking Habitat Man about the Wasteland
    - quest Plenty Of Time - nobody will talk to me about Celebi in Bokka
    - despite many attempts, I cannot find the 'monster' in Cuttleshut Cave, maybe because I explored the cave before starting the quest?

Oh and a request, could you release the changed type effectiveness chart?

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    dangit I forgot where to find that area with all the fire starters.

Back