• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vacation 1/1 Dawn/Ash Teen 17/11/07

Years
    Title: Vacation

Characters: Ash/Dawn

Rating: Teen

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. The Co belongs to their creators and Vacation belongs to Vitamin C.

Summary: Dawn likes to listen to her music when she battles, she loves listening to her music just to relax. But what she doesn't know is – someone likes watching her listening to her music.

A/N: Loved the song when I watched Pikachu's vacation and the stupid idea wouldn't leave me alone. Very first Pokemon Fan fic – be gentle! Oh – and Dawn has a Piplup, a Shinx, a Pachurisu and a Buneary.

Time Line: Set in the Diamond/Pearl show.

Chapter 1: Vacation

It's annoying how she could always attract his attention without him realising it. All she had to do was smile and he was distracted from whatever he was doing.

She was doing it again, distracting him. Just moving her hips as she swayed from side to side. Her head nodding to the beat that was blaring from her ear piece that was connected to her ipod.

She always wore them when she was battling – she worked better when she had music in her heart and her pokemon liked it.

Come on! Come on! Come on! (Let's go!)
    Come on! Come on! (Let's go!)
    Come on! Come on! Come on! (Let's go!)
    Come on! Come on! (Let's go!)

She raised her hands into the air, her hair swayed with the movement and it glinted in the sunlight. Her pink skirt flared every now and then in time with her movement. She had her boots off and was dancing in her bare feet. He couldn't suppress his grin when he saw that she was wearing pink nail polish on her toenails.

The sun was shining on her, giving her an earthy glow. Warming her up from the inside.

Vacation Need a little sun to break up
    All the frustration and turn it into love
    Ain't nobody gonna tell us what we gotta do
    Because today, it's up to me and you
    Temptation coming up to me
    A little brief relaxation and I'll be breaking free
    Come on and break it break it new and I believe it's gonna start now

(Kick it back Kick it back Kick it back to the track
    Kick it back Kick it back Kick it back and relax)

Every time he saw her dance, all he could think of was that sweet little pink cheerleader outfit she would wear whenever he was fighting a battle. How she would jump and cheer and wave those pom-poms. She would even give her pokemon small pom-poms.

He suppressed a smile at the thought of her shinx waving pom-poms. He looked toward the small blue electric cat. He was currently running rings around her legs but he knew that she didn't mind.

Vacation's where I wanna be
    Buddy on the beach where the fun is free
    We don't need a holiday to start to celebrate
    (I need a break; I need a vacation)

While she always went for the cute pokemon, he couldn't help but admit that it suited her personality. She could be cute when she wanted to be. He knew that from personal experience when she would look up at him with those big blue eyes expectantly and he didn't have a choice but to give in and give her what she wanted.

He turned onto his side as she started jumping up and down to the beat, moving from one side to another, still lost in the music.

Vibrations need to get me sun
    And break up all my complications and turn it into love
    Ain't nobody gonna tell us where we gotta be
    Because today, today it's to you and me

She was different from the other girls…from Misty and from May. Oh, all three had argued with him but with her – she flustered him in ways that he never knew that he could be flustered yet he was right by her side whenever she needed him.

A vacation is what he needs – to get away from her and figure out if he was high or just becoming mushy.

Vacation's what I wanna do
    Buddy on the beach, fun for me and you
    (Repeat after me, 'I need a vacation.')

She started miming the words to the song. She had stopped bouncing and her arms were bent at the elbows so her hands touched the back of her shoulders while she rested her head on one arm as she swung her hips to the music once more

Let's go!
    Let's go!
    Let's go!
    Ooooo...
    Let's go!

(The one with me)
    (Where the fun is free)
    (So come with me)

She was definitely different and he couldn't help but be pleased with that. He didn't want another Misty or May around – just the one of them were enough to send the world into a shock but she was…softer somehow.

She took it personal when the pokemon were in danger. She couldn't believe that people would actually harm pokemon just to get what they want.

('cuz I need a break, I need a vacation)

(Repeat after me, 'I need a vacation')

I need a... (Vacation)
    Come on and... (Vacation)
    I need a... (Vacation)
    Come on... (Vacation)
    Mmm... Let's go.

He had asked her once why she liked the song. She just gave him a smile and a shrug.

"We all need a vacation every now and then – some times it's just easier to close your eyes and surrender yourself to the music and dream you are on an island far away from all your troubles and problems," she told him.

Ever since then, when he had done what she had told him, he cursed when he found out that she was right.

('cuz I need a break, I need a vacation)

Dawn noticed that Ash was staring at her and removed the ear pieces from her ears as she shot Ash a curious look.

"What?" she asked almost self consciously. Ash shook himself out of his daze, startled to find that Dawn had caught him watching her.

"Nothing, just lost in thought," Ash told her and Dawn nodded before she turned back to her pokemon and smiled when she saw them still moving to the beat.

Yeah, she was a distraction and he wouldn't have it any other way.

"I need a vacation," Ash muttered under his breath as he looked away from the dancing figure of Dawn and looked toward the setting sun, the smile never going away.

The End.

One Shot Only! Thanks to my Beta: Anathera

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    What more would you like her to add? This is just a cute little story about Ash thinking about Dawn and his quiet feeling for her. There's not much more Bubbles18 could add to it without drawing away from the idea of the story: Ash is watching Dawn dance and thinks about her.

I read this before, but never got around to reviewing it. I'm not all that good at reviewing shipping fics since I'm not that much of a shipper. (And my ships don't have fics written for them. ^^) But like I said, this is a cute little story.

Ever since then, when he had done what she had told him, he cursed when he found out that she was right.
    This has to be my favorite line. I can't really explain why. I guess because it shows that Ash can't stand to admit that Dawn might be right about something, but he has to because she is. It shows a side of their friendship that says that they might not always be good friends, but there's something there.

One little grammar thing:
    The sun was shining on her, giving her an earthy glow. Warming her up from the inside.
    I think that the second sentence is a fragment. It's missing its subject (the sun) and might work better combined with the first sentence. But then again, the two separate sentences just sound good together as they are now. o.o

Bubbles18, I hope that you'll post more of your writing here at PC.

Back