• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VBA Unresponsive controls

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    The games work fine but after about 30 seconds when I press buttons they don't work and I have to open a menu to start it again.

Either that or if I tap the up arrow on my keyboard and It will just keep scrolling up by itself or if I try to take one step left I go 2 steps instead.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't have a gamepad.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    maybe your keyboard is touch sensitive or it's full of dust or it's malfunctioning... :\

I had the same experience with my laptop while playing games with VBA, and sometimes even while I am not playing, the arrow keys are working by themselves. :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Hm I downgraded back to version 1.7 instead of 1.8 and so far it's working properly. Hope it holds up.

Unfortunately I have to restart all my games again :(

Edit: Hey the annoying slowdown during battles is gone too. Cool.

Last edited:
    Back