• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Version Exclusive Shiny locked in other games?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    Hi everyone, I came seeking help, unsure if the title is true or not so I'm asking.
    I'm using the MM-SC method and breeded over 2,000 eggs already hoping for a Shiny Croagunk.
    However I play Pokemon Sword.
    I'm breeding Croagunk with a Japanese Toxtricity giving it the best IVs and ability I want nearly 99% of the time. Unsure if Toxtricity has anything to do with why it's taking this long.
    My question being, are version exclusive pokemon not able to breed into shiny in the game they're not originally from? Are they locked? Can someonw confirm my worries please?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hi everyone, I came seeking help, unsure if the title is true or not so I'm asking.
    I'm using the MM-SC method and breeded over 2,000 eggs already hoping for a Shiny Croagunk.
    I'm breeding Croagunk with a Japanese Toxtricity giving it the best IVs and ability I want nearly 99% of the time. Unsure if Toxtricity has anything to do with why it's taking this long.
    My question being, are version exclusive pokemon not able to breed into shiny in the game they're not originally from? Are they locked? Can someonw confirm my worries please?

Shinies are not version-locked. You're just getting unlucky.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2020

I'm having the same problem, I've got the shiny charm and I've been three days trying to get a shiny croagunk, I switched to a Gothitelle and Vibraba and already got them both pretty fast. But one month ago I got a shiny solosis tho, so I don't think is an all-exclusive shiny lock.

UlrickVGCMasters

UlrickVGCMasters
    Years
  • Hi everyone, I came seeking help, unsure if the title is true or not so I'm asking.

Continue the grind my friend you will get it soon shines are not region lock so you don't have to worry about that.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    I continued to no luck, I decided to go to the 2nd Nursery and try other pokemon, I found 4 Shiny Pokemon under 100 eggs. I'm really starting to believe it's shiny locked.
    Unless someone can show they play Sword and breed a shiny Croagunk with proof, i'm at the point where I won't believe otherwise. It's been weeks, I feel trolled right now being told to continue this grind.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I continued to no luck, I decided to go to the 2nd Nursery and try other pokemon, I found 4 Shiny Pokemon under 100 eggs. I'm really starting to believe it's shiny locked.
    Unless someone can show they play Sword and breed a shiny Croagunk with proof, i'm at the point where I won't believe otherwise. It's been weeks, I feel trolled right now being told to continue this grind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9etaFpOjCg

Here is a video of a person hatching a shiny Larvitar on Pokemon Sword through MM. Larvitar is a Shield exclusive.
    No-one is trolling you, there is no such thing a "shiny-locked version exclusive". Except for rare exceptions (which I'm not even sure exist), if you can a shiny in 1 version, you can get it shiny in the other version.

You're getting very unlucky with your Croagunk hunt. There's nothing else to say but that you have to keep going at it and when you do get it, you'll probably be the happiest person on the planet.

Back