• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Version Exclusives

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Here is the list of version exclusives, to help build your team upon what game you are getting.

HeartGold Exclusives
    - Mankey
    - Primape
    - Growlithe
    - Arcanine
    - Spinarak
    - Ariados
    - Gligar
    - Gliscar
    - Mantyke
    - Mantine
    - Phanphy
    - Donphan
    - Kyogre

SoulSilver Exclusives
    - Vulpix
    - Ninetails
    - Meowth
    - Persian
    - Ledyba
    - Ledian
    - Teddiursa
    - Ursaring
    - Delibird
    - Skarmory
    - Groudon

Discuss.

Earlier I was leaning on getting SoulSilver. I had planned earlier to have Ledian and Donphan on my team, but that wont happen unless I splurge and get both games. HeartGold has two more exclusives than SoulSilver, too. Now I really can't decide which version to get.

So how about you?

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Hm. Seems they switched Phanphy and Teddiursa around.

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
  • Hm. Seems they switched Phanphy and Teddiursa around.

It has always been that way in the Japanese version of G/S. So I knew that it would end up that way for the Japanese version of HS/SS. The question is... will the American version change it back. I hope not for I really want a Donphan. Anyway thanks for the list Deku.

Years
  • Here is the list of version exclusives, to help build your team upon what game you are getting.

HeartGold Exclusives
    - Mankey
    - Primape
    - Growlithe
    - Arcanine

- Spinarak
    - Ariados
    - Gligar
    - Gliscar
    - Mantyke
    - Mantine
    - Phanphy
    - Donphan
    - Kyogre

SoulSilver Exclusives
    - Vulpix
    - Ninetails
    - Meowth
    - Persian
    - Ledyba
    - Ledian
    - Teddiursa
    - Ursaring
    - Delibird
    - Skarmory
    - Groudon

Discuss.

Earlier I was leaning on getting SoulSilver. I had planned earlier to have Ledian and Donphan on my team, but that wont happen unless I splurge and get both games. HeartGold has two more exclusives than SoulSilver, too. Now I really can't decide which version to get.

So how about you?

end of any discussions I've had about which I'm getting has just ended.

Isao

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    I will miss you Teddiursa. :<
    Whatever. I can just trade an egg over.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The version exclusives are what enveil me to purchase both games at the end. However, the exclusives are pretty good, though now it compells me to want to play HeartGold over SoulSilver. Although, I can pretty much trade over what I may need in the long run once I have both, so I'm not too bothered by this.

It interests me however that HeartGold has more within it over SoulSilver. Though, it does come to mind that there is a possibility that this might not be all the version exclusives as there is to count more of the Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon included in the game besides what was mentioned above.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Gligar and Spinarak are HeartGold exclusives?

...and here I was sure I'd Prefer SoulSilver for the early Lugia. :o

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Please note:
    These lists are credit to serebii.net.

Also, I was planning on getting SS, but now I'm leaning toward HG. Hopefully they will switch around Phanphy and stuff so I can get SS.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Oh... Both Arcanine and Persian are favourite Pokemon of mine... I guess I'll just have to get both games after all! I'll get one on the premise of it being for my little brother, seeing as he doesn't want any more Pokemon games, I'll have both versions and therefore both Pokemon! ^_^

If I had to only get one... I'd probably get HeartGold for Arcanine and Ariados... Though I would want a Lugia earlier than a Ho-oh... Hmm... Choices choices... :/

xX

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • It seems that there is more Exclusives to HeartGold then SoulSilver, unless it is an incomplete list. Well more reason to choose HG.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Thanks for posting!
    I want Soulsilver but for Growlite's sake I'll be getting both (Even though I've those in my Plat) :P

Years
  • I was always gonna get both versions but I'll get Soul Silver first (via import due to the fact it takes nintendo an extra 6 months to find Australia on the map) even though I had spinarak in my planned team. But does this mean Houndour is in both games if so then yay. Plus I want my early Lugia now!

Back