• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Veteran trainer has legendary pokemon in battle royale

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    So I was battling in the battle royale to get bp so I can get a destiny knot, then all of a sudden, in master rank a veteran just sends out virizion. LMBO I never knew this could happen o.o I'm still battling, ill post the code for the replay video.

EDIT: mods if I'm in the wrong place to post this, please move this post to the respective place it's supposed to be at.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    It's been like this before. Since at least XY the various battle facilities will after a certain point throw a Veteran at you that uses a full team of some of the legendaries allowed in the battle facilities.

Years
  • I really like how some trainers have legendaries, it's cool knowing there's more than one legendary Pokemon in the world.

FineDough

The Enemy 「Stand」
    Years
  • The legend spamming scum...
    Er, that is, from the Battle Frontier onward, you've occasionally had trainers like this, typically veterans. Legal 'legends' include:
    Gen 1 - Legendary Bird Trio
    Gen 2 - Roamer Trio
    Gen 3 - Latios + Latias
    Gen 4 - Heatran
    Gen 5 - Weather Trio
    Gen 6 - None whatsoever... I think...
    Gen 7 - Ultra Beasts

Don't think I got 'em all, but for the most part those are the Tree legal legends. Not that you can really obtain any of them in Gen 7 w/out PKHex or something of the like, save for the UBs. Makes me real jealous of the occasional 'legend' user in the Battle Royales/Battle Tree.

Last edited:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • It's nothing new. In battle maison in gen 6 veterans also start using legends and the battle maison leaders also use legends themselves. Since pokémon emerald there were trainers with legendaries. Like Anabel who is a frontier brain in emerald has a entei, raikou and a latios. She also has them in this game in the battle tree.

Back