• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VH1 or MTV?

Which is better?

• Total voters
    Years
    _Alex_ said:
    Channel V? o_o~ XD I was thinking of adding other music channels such as BET or CMT. But it would just into a flame war over people arguing that rap is better then country and vice versa. Plus,VH1 and MTV are the two top music channels.. At east thats my opinion.

edit: yeah,I was thinking OE too but this is a poll isn't it? But me, I dont care someone can move it if they feel it should be..

Channel V is an Asian music channel... I used to live in Japan, and that was the only music channel we got. The commercials they had were the best XD However, I think I would have to pick VH1/MTV over it... if they show music, I can understand the words XD
    And remember, just because it's a poll doesn't mean it belongs in OVP XD

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
    MTV was good. But then it became a stupid poser channel XD Now it's barely even music. It's all reality shows. What kind of music channel is that? VH1 shows much more music that MTV so VH1 definately gets my vote. Though VH1 has less music than it did, back in the day, it didnt lose as much music as MTV. MTV might as well change their name to RTV for Reality Television. But there's already a channel like that, so they cant XD

Fuse is definately much much better than both, because of the music. But VH1 has both comedy and music. My 2 favorite things in the whole world <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Neither...o.O

They both changed so much, MTV is more like...TV now. The ONLY time they play music videos are in the mornings or at nights, that's really getting the message across >_> VH1 is a little better, but they play almost as little music as MTV does, though since Viacom owns both channels, it's no wonder why.

So I'd go with option C that I just made up because I can...FUSE. XD

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    XD I remember when that show firt came on. I saw it on VH1's The Best week ever..and all the comedy guys were making fun of it. But those things look way cooler than teletubies anyday.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    LOL I saw it on VH1 too that was sooo funny lol. On MySpace me and my friends made a Boohbah club it was so funny we have like 56 members lol. And the funniest thing is that we don't even watch it.

Years
    Either. Vh1 has good shows to pass time, MTV has The Real World/Road Rules/Challenges, etc, which are my favorite, so I can't decide.

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
    I personally like VH1 over MTV. VH1 has better music in my opinion, and isn't as mainstream as MTV seems to be lately.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Both channels are the same. They both show 30 seconds of a music video every two hours, and interupt them with screaming retards.

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
    Both channels are the same. They both show 30 seconds of a music video every two hours, and interupt them with screaming retards.
    Yep. That is one reason why I don't k=like either VH1 or MTV. Plus, the only time they play music is in the morning...for about three hours...then reality shows and TRL (which I hate with a vengence). VH!, although a little funnier, is the same deal. I'd rather use my CDs or turn to channels 501-540 and listen to Music Choice on Comcast...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Cybex Mewtwo said:
    Yep. That is one reason why I don't k=like either VH1 or MTV. Plus, the only time they play music is in the morning...for about three hours...then reality shows and TRL (which I hate with a vengence). VH!, although a little funnier, is the same deal. I'd rather use my CDs or turn to channels 501-540 and listen to Music Choice on Comcast...

This is true for me too, I love The Dance Music Channel that channel straight r0x0rz

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I personally cant stand both channels, only ever a good song on like once an hour >.> but I watch MTV more for the really random programs, like Newlyweds Jessica Simpson is so dumb it brings a tear to my eye.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2006
    Like I said Muchmusic is better if anyone here lives in Canada they would all agree to me. Muchmusic is about MUSIC they dont really show Reality Shows, most of them you can see during the weekends but thats it. Much On Demand is great show because its live so anything can happened and u can get in there for free :D.

Back