• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Gen 2 had it as well didnt it. Lugia>Ho-oh ? :s

Lugia isn't a Water-Type... It's Psychic/Flying-Type. Of course, it might as well have been a Water-Type, and the recent TCG cards of it show it as such... And it even learns Hydro pump by Level-Up. So, yeah... As much as I love that awesome rainbow-fire-sunshine-golden-god-chicken, Lugia would kick its feathered ass in battle.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Gen 1 had Dragonite family
    Gen 2 had Kingdra
    Gen 3 had the Salamence family, the Flygon family (minus Trapinch) and Altaria
    Gen 4 had the Garchomp family

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
    Gen 2 had none
    Gen 3 had Rayquaza, Latios and Latias
    Gen 4 had Dialga, Palkia and Giratina

I love Dragon pokemon so I won't complain about them but there have been alot of dragon legends in the past 2 generations. (Not that I disagree with that)

As for non legendaries, I think 4 Dragons a generation would suffice, generation 3 had a little much. I only say this because Dragon's are supposed to be the epitemy of Power, if they were walking around everywhere they wouldn't exactly be rare or regarded with the wonder that they are. Which is exactly why Dragon makes a good Legendary Pokemon type!!

True true. 4 Dragons a gen not including legendaries? Hmmm, I think we should be given two dragon families and maybe a dragon that doesn't evolve? We haven't had that yet. Though I imagine it would be pretty strong considering it would have no evos.

Lugia isn't a Water-Type... It's Psychic/Flying-Type. Of course, it might as well have been a Water-Type, and the recent TCG cards of it show it as such... And it even learns Hydro pump by Level-Up. So, yeah... As much as I love that awesome rainbow-fire-sunshine-golden-god-chicken, Lugia would kick its feathered ass in battle.

Nuh-oh..just depends on how you raise yours :D.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    IMO, Dragon is a good type for Legendaries. However, they shouldn't just stick with that. We have 16 other types, and they haven't even used some of them. I could think up a good Bug right now, more than likely. I'm leaning towards giant beetle.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    IMO, Dragon is a good type for Legendaries. However, they shouldn't just stick with that. We have 16 other types, and they haven't even used some of them. I could think up a good Bug right now, more than likely. I'm leaning towards giant beetle.

The types that I predict will definitely not get much action, unfortunately, in the legendary pkmn category are:

Normal/flying
    Bug
    Fighting (maybe...we don't have one yet but it'd be sweet if we did)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    These mascots are the best looking mascots since Groudon and Kyogre! Zekrom has markings or lines in it's neck and part of it's face that make it look mecha like plus, I like these marking actually and it's mecha look and I also like Reshiram's natural look... the only part not natural about it is it's tail... I bet their Signature moves will have to do with their tails Reshiram will most likely send a beam of light out from it's tail and Zekrom's signature move will be a drill like move involving it's "wind turbine".

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i might get both as they're both awesome. i still think its weird that the black pokemon is in white and vice versa. i guess it looks nicer on the box.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    These mascots are the best looking mascots since Groudon and Kyogre! Zekrom has markings or lines in it's neck and part of it's face that make it look mecha like plus, I like these marking actually and it's mecha look and I also like Reshiram's natural look... the only part not natural about it is it's tail... I bet their Signature moves will have to do with their tails Reshiram will most likely send a beam of light out from it's tail and Zekrom's signature move will be a drill like move involving it's "wind turbine".

Yeah I wonder what they're sigs will be, can't wait to find out when the games come out.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    They're both so awesome! I love them, I love them, I love them! I can't wait. I don't know which I like better. D:

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
    Alright, a few things I have noticed.

1. Stop constantly hoping for a new type. We aren't getting one, the game is balanced, deal with it.

2. "Reshiram looks pure flying" or "Zekrom looks Dark/Steel." Fools, both are Dragon-typed. It hasn't been revealed if they are pure or part, but, from what I've observed with previous games, they're most likely going to be pure Dragon with Reshiram having a more Psychic-based movepool and Zekrom having a more Dark-based movepool. Remember, the games are Black and White, not Sky and Earth, so stop hoping for Flying- and Steel-types.

3. Zekrom does look like a monochrome Palkia as someone has stated before, but you have to keep this in mind: a lot of Pokemon look alike. Pikachu, Pachirisu, Plusle, and Minun all look alike. There are thousands upon thousands of pre-drawn Pokemon. One of them is bound to look like another.

4. Zekrom is the legend for White Version, Reshiram is the legend for Black Version. I'm getting both.

5. Zekrom is cooler. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I won't be able to relax until I find out Reshiram's typing... It really does not suit anything but to be honest, Latias and Latios don't either.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    1. Stop constantly hoping for a new type. We aren't getting one, the game is balanced, deal with it.

When did someone say the game wasn't balanced?

2. "Reshiram looks pure flying" or "Zekrom looks Dark/Steel." Fools, both are Dragon-typed. It hasn't been revealed if they are pure or part, but, from what I've observed with previous games, they're most likely going to be pure Dragon with Reshiram having a more Psychic-based movepool and Zekrom having a more Dark-based movepool. Remember, the games are Black and White, not Sky and Earth, so stop hoping for Flying- and Steel-types.

I don't think anyone has speculated pure-flying since that tidbit was revealed (if it truly was revealed, it could be just their species name after all), but I could be wrong.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Wait, Zekrom's in the White version? Great, now I can quit forcing myself to like Reshiram more! I actually don't really like Reshiram all that much... I just like bright colors! Still, Game Freak's really playing up this whole Yin Yang thing, to the point that the white Legendary's in the Black version, and the black Legendary's in the White version. It's... Confusing, to say the least. I nice, healthy dose of contrast, but it's still a lot harder to tell which version has which than, say, Diamond and Pearl!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Alright, a few things I have noticed.

1. Stop constantly hoping for a new type. We aren't getting one, the game is balanced, deal with it

Did you read anywhere for people constantly hoping for new types? Yes it was brought up a few times, but constantly...you're exaggerating xD. And the games may be balanced but that doesn't mean that they always will have to be. I'm sure pokemon will go on after gen 5 so you never know what game freak will do to keep it going.

Well yes they're dragon-typed as we already know. You thinking Reshima will have more psychic-based movepool (though I sort of agree) and Zekrom having a dark-based isn't any better than what others were saying with 'reshiram looks pure flying type" and yada yada. I smell hypocrisy.

Diamond and Pearl had nothing to do with Palkia being part water or Dialga being part steel. Honestly, if you were asked back in '06 when they first revealed Dialga and Palkia if you thought they'd be steel/dragon and water/dragon based on their names would you have said yes? Get my drift? The names have nothing to do with what types the legendaries on their boxes will be. :cer_no:

3. I agree w/ you on that one.

5. Zekrom is cooler. :D
    You're really pushing my buttons tonight. I can accept the other stuff you said..but this...this is just askin' for war :pink_pissed:

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014

Who said Nintendo can't add newer types wuthout causing an imbalance? Nintendo is not going to add a new type if that type is going to be obsenely powerful. Does anybody remember psychic types back in the days of RBG, if you had a psychic type you would be ustoppable, even all ghost types were poison types as well so phychic would whipe them out as well. To balance that, Nintendo added dark types to the next generation that can own psychics easily since these attacks don't effect them. So Nintendo is not willing for this happen again, not to any Pokemon, that's why Darkrai isn't a Dark/Ghost or it would have been unbeatable.

If a light-type is to be added, then Nintendo will assure it isn't overpowerful and has its weaknesses to others. Reshiram would make a perfect "Light-Type" and keep in mind nintendo can add more types as long as equilibrium is maintained among all Pokemon and this so-called "Balance" doesn't soley depend on type.

Last edited:

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Yeah, Ho-Oh with Punishment is awesome against Psychic-Types.

Lugia goes first, via SUPERIOR Speed.

Lugia uses a Physical Move and presents DEATH to Ho-oh! :D

Just kidding.

In all HONESTY though, Lugia can take WHATEVER Ho-oh or a VARIETY of other pokemon can dish at it... Ho-oh can't really say the same... Lugia can also be used to beat up MOST legendaries by Type Coverage as most are Dragon Type... Ho-oh can't really say the same, although it works EXCELLENT with Groudon and Sacred Fire is a five letter word that starts with "b"! :D

Also, if there IS a Light Type coming out... I predict it will be Super Effective against Ghost and Dark Types (as light illuminates darkness and ghosts only appear in dark places)... Not Very Effective against Grass Types (as plants absorb light for photosynthesis)... Have a complete immunity to or resistant to Dark and/or Ghost as well as resistances to Fire and Electric Types (as both of these create light).

And who else believes that these guys are gonna represent Heaven and Hell?

Back