• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Lugia goes first, via SUPERIOR Speed.

Lugia uses a Physical Move and presents DEATH to Ho-oh! :D

Just kidding.

In all HONESTY though, Lugia can take WHATEVER Ho-oh or a VARIETY of other pokemon can dish at it... Ho-oh can't really say the same... Lugia can also be used to beat up MOST legendaries by Type Coverage as most are Dragon Type... Ho-oh can't really say the same, although it works EXCELLENT with Groudon and Sacred Fire is a five letter word that starts with "b"! :D

Yes, my Ho-Oh is as good as dead so long as there is a Rock-Type on my opponent's team. It does have a better back-story, though... Luckily, they added to Lugia's plot for SoulSilver, what with the whole war, and island-splitting thing...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And who else believes that these guys are gonna represent Heaven and Hell?
    That's an idea, but it'd be a little too extreme for young Pokemon fans...

also, since I think of the Light-Type as an embodiment of purity, I think it would be weak against Poison.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    OMG THE BLACK ONE WAS MY DESIGN THAT I SENT THEM!!!!!!!! OMG I SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like yeah, but writting it in caps like this makes me want to not believe you. Well, as the others stated, do you have original sketches ? Though it's easy to just take a look at what a pro designer made, use it as reference then make fake-original-sketches. You'd have probably/or not gotten credits for it, I guess, or at least some "feedback". But I don't think you made it... C'x

Else, I agree with Haza, if there were a Light Type, main weaknesses could be Poison and Dark ! Maybe not Ghost, but I dunno xD
    But yeah, I hope the pokedex won't deceive us >_o

Also, I wonder if they are gonna keep the Japanese names, or switch again to Englishized Names o:

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
    You're really pushing my buttons tonight. I can accept the other stuff you said..but this...this is just askin' for war :pink_pissed:

Bring it, home boy. XD

As for the hypocrisy thing, I didn't mean for it to come off like that.

Also, whoever said that the game doesn't need the Dark typing is dead wrong. The game NEEDS the Dark type. Ghost couldn't have taken it out because, back then, Ghost attacks did normal damage to Psychic types (or so I remember...) Either way, the Dark- and Steel-types were needed in order to balance the game.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I still fail to see how anyone could possibly think that Psychic naturally opposes the Dark type is an idiot. If anything, Psychic is somewhere in between Light and Dark, especially after seeing the way Sabrina was portrayed once... and Reshiram does not look the least bit Psychic.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010

That's an idea, but it'd be a little too extreme for young Pokemon fans...

also, since I think of the Light-Type as an embodiment of purity, I think it would be weak against Poison.

That's a thought...

Oh, and BTW, the characters for these games are Teenagers at the VERY least! They're not 10 anymore!

And like using a pokemon(s) to change the shape of the world or very fabric of the universe is NOT too extreme? lol

I still fail to see how anyone could possibly think that Psychic naturally opposes the Dark type is an idiot. If anything, Psychic is somewhere in between Light and Dark, especially after seeing the way Sabrina was portrayed once... and Reshiram does not look the least bit Psychic.

Indeed, Dark was made to COMPLETELY COUNTER Psychic! They also made Ghost super effective against it.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    It could be of life and death, much more likely than them representing heaven and hell imo.

Although, I still think it will be day and night or light and dark at the moment.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    It could be of life and death, much more likely than them representing heaven and hell imo.

Although, I still think it will be day and night or light and dark at the moment.

Why are heaven and hell unlikely?

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Yes, my Ho-Oh is as good as dead so long as there is a Rock-Type on my opponent's team. It does have a better back-story, though... Luckily, they added to Lugia's plot for SoulSilver, what with the whole war, and island-splitting thing...

Yes I did rather like the whole back-story with Lugia in SoulSilver. Although, in accordance to the anime, HeartGold makes a little more sense.

Doesn't really matter as both games are AMAZING and I wish The Pokemon Company would push them another year, much like they did with the originals but alas.

And all it takes is a Rock-Type MOVE... Not just a Pokemon. Or an Earthquake, if the player is DUMB enough to use Roost over Recover on Ho-oh.

Same thing as Haza said really.

And changing the volume of land and sea or distorting reality are NOT too extreme for children?! lol There is DEATH in EVERY SINGLE Disney Movie and most of those (if not all of them) are considered child friendly! HELL, MOST ARE G-RATED!!!

Also, the game characters are OLDER! It only makes sense that this game is meant to have a more mature audience! Not that this will stop 10 year olds and the like from playing these games as well it should not but people hear about religion ALL the time, no matter how it may get censored by the media. The more I think about it, Heaven and Hell make PERFECT Sense! It's really the only SENSIBLE way I can see it going.

I could be wrong, but that's how I'm calling it right now.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Dude, you should calm down. The reason why Heaven and Hell are too extreme is obvious, drop it.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yes I did rather like the whole back-story with Lugia in SoulSilver. Although, in accordance to the anime, HeartGold makes a little more sense.

Doesn't really matter as both games are AMAZING and I wish The Pokemon Company would push them another year, much like they did with the originals but alas.

And all it takes is a Rock-Type MOVE... Not just a Pokemon. Or an Earthquake, if the player is DUMB enough to use Roost over Recover on Ho-oh.

And changing the volume of land and sea or distorting reality are NOT too extreme for children?! lol There is DEATH in EVERY SINGLE Disney Movie and most of those (if not all of them) are considered child friendly! HELL, MOST ARE G-RATED!!!

Also, the game characters are OLDER! It only makes sense that this game is meant to have a more mature audience! Not that this will stop 10 year olds and the like from playing these games as well it should not but people hear about religion ALL the time, no matter how it may get censored by the media. The more I think about it, Heaven and Hell make PERFECT Sense! It's really the only SENSIBLE way I can see it going.

I could be wrong, but that's how I'm calling it right now.

you do know 4kids ****s everything up right?
    look at the butcher job they did to yugioh 5Ds, one piece (til they lost rights to it) 4Kids still has slight dominion over pokemon, so you know if its life& death, theyll piss& moan til is becomes life & "they went off on a journey" or some lame BS like that

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Dude, you should calm down. The reason why Heaven and Hell are too extreme is obvious, drop it.

It is NOT too extreme! It is, however, too awesome of an idea to NOT pass it up. The game has matured and evolved over the last 13 years. (14 if you go by the release date of the original Red and Green Versions in Japan.) That's right folks, Pokemon is 14 Years Old now!

Probably also why the main characters in these games are ALSO older than previous ones. We've already had that revealed a while ago. Also, if it does turn out the way I say, you know for sure it will be watered down over here and else where... For example, calling Dialga and Palkia "dieties" instead of "gods"... Or simply just calling them "guardians" will suffice in most cases.

you do know 4kids ****s everything up right?
    look at the butcher job they did to yugioh 5Ds, one piece (til they lost rights to it) 4Kids still has slight dominion over pokemon, so you know if its life& death, theyll piss& moan til is becomes life & "they went off on a journey" or some lame BS like that

Yes, I refuse to watch the english dub for 5D's and anything else they get their hands on. And, really, they don't. If they did, the VAs would probably not have been changed. It's REALLY the "Freakin' FCC" and humanity going through that whole touchy phase again.

We can't show guns anymore? Why? Children used to watch westerns all the time back in the day! Try making a western without firearms and see how it works. 4Kids is B>A>D-Bad, and they may be the devil (along with Leo Burnet of course) but the censorship spawns from something much, MUCH, worse.

Also, you forgot "the next dimension". lol :D

On another note... WHAT?! POKEMON HAS LASTED 14 YEARS?! WOW!!! Awesome! Be thankful we're even getting these things at all. Even the programmers thought it would die out after GSC! ;)

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You don't bring the concept of Heaven and Hell into a children's series is all I'm saying, and Pokemon is already known for having negative feedback from the churches anyway. There is no way in HELL that they'd purposefully bring that upon themselves... and they (Reshiram and Zekrom) don't even really look like that is what they represent...

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    You don't bring the concept of Heaven and Hell into a children's series is all I'm saying, and Pokemon is already known for having negative feedback from the churches anyway. There is no way in HELL that they'd purposefully bring that upon themselves... and they (Reshiram and Zekrom) don't even really look like that is what they represent...

Really? Because I remember hearing a while back that the pope said pokemon was perfectly fine.

And there are PLENTY of different variations of heaven and hell OUTSIDE of Christianity you know. The games are Japanese. We are all pretty much sure that these dragons are gonna be classified as dieties (gods). It's not like Reshiram is God and Zekrom is The Devil. Although, really, Digimon got away with having Angels and Devils and Digimon Adventure (AKA Season 1) was considered a KIDS SHOW. It's already been stated by MANY a person that these Pokemon bear a STRIKING resemblance to Digimon's character artstyle.

Back