• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Electric/Dragon is pretty cool, and makes sense. It's the industrial thing people are talking about. Though Grass/Dragon Reshiram, I'm not fond off. Makes sense though.

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    Actually once I thought about it for a second it wouldn't be a bad idea really. I mean it would male some sense that the Isshu region that seems to have large cities would have a legendary electric type dragon. Perhaps maybe (IF electric is Zekrom's second type) Zekrom would be involved in some sort power or energy issue (lol) throughout the region. I don't know if it's possible but you know you WOULD need a lot of power for large cities.

In other words I'd like to see this type combo for zekrom come true, and if not it'll still be a cool pokemon.

Years
    Well, this may dispel the Dark/Light rumors, if it is confirmed, but it gives hope for one more thing. If Zekrom is Electric/Dragon, do you think that Reshiram might FINALLY give us the Fire/Dragon combo people have been looking for?! Electric and Fire have no type advantage over one another, and Reshiram's tail DOES look like a torch. Here's hoping.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Dragon/Electric-Type... It's not what we were expecting, but remember Palkia? We all WTF'd when we found at that it was a Water-Type! It doesn't look very suiting, but it's an awesome Type combination. Hopefully it'll learn Zap Cannon!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    That's a rumor. First I thought it would be odd but now that I think about it, it would be nice and unique.
    I could see it as an electric type.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Hm......... There's nothing about Zekrom that screams electric type to me.

Hell, if he IS an electric type, he'd be THE FIRST ONE of breaking the trend of Electric pokemon being yellow or at having yellow on them. As of right now, only Chinchou, Lanturn, Electrike, Manetric, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray are the ONLY electric pokemon that fall under that second category

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Naw, I doubt it, HIGHLY. AS I stated in the other thread about this, Zekrom IS NOT YELLOW, nor does he have yellow ANYWHERE on his body. All electric pokemon are yellow or have yellow highlights.

Zapdos and Raikou are both IN YOUR FACE with yellow, and Rotom has a yellow arua with lightning bolts underneath it. it is HIGHLY unlikely Zekrom is gonna be an elecrtic type.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Hell, if he IS an electric type, he'd be THE FIRST ONE of breaking the trend of Electric pokemon being yellow or at having yellow on them. As of right now, only Chinchou, Lanturn, Electrike, Manetric, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray are the ONLY electric pokemon that fall under that second category

The big gyro thing on its tail...

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Naw, I doubt it, HIGHLY. AS I stated in the other thread about this, Zekrom IS NOT YELLOW, nor does he have yellow ANYWHERE on his body. All electric pokemon are yellow or have yellow highlights.

Zapdos and Raikou are both IN YOUR FACE with yellow, and Rotom has a yellow arua with lightning bolts underneath it. it is HIGHLY unlikely Zekrom is gonna be an elecrtic type.

Rotom doesn't have yellow anywhere on it, the closest it comes is the orange-ish aura on its Shiny form. The only one of the Magnemite line with yellow on it is Magnezone, and that's only its tiny little antennae thing. Also, Voltorb and Electrode.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012

No, Zekrom wouldn't be the first.
    Voltorb, Electrode, Magnimite, and Magneton have no yellow on them.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    The big gyro thing on its tail...

I can understand why the might point people in the direction, but I'm still not buying it.

Dark and Light make WAY better sense in my opinion. If it IS electric though... 2 things:

1. What the hell would Reshirams plot in white be? power thing in Black I can somewhat understand... but Grass on Reshiram makes NO sense at all and fire brings to question, are areas going to be different? If indeed zekrom IS electric and the area in the pic above is where it is found.

2. Watch the SHINY version of zekrom be yellow since regular zekrom CERTAINLY isn't.

No, Zekrom wouldn't be the first.
    Voltorb, Electrode, Magnimite, and Magneton have no yellow on them.

forgot about them... but voltorb and electrode are like Pokeballs and Magnemite family has magnets...

I'm still not believing that thing is an electric type when 2 electric legendaries before him where in your face with yellow.

Last edited:

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Spoiler:
    Rotom doesn't have yellow anywhere on it, the closest it comes is the orange-ish aura on its Shiny form. The only one of the Magnemite line with yellow on it is Magnezone, and that's only its tiny little antennae thing. Also, Voltorb and Electrode.

oh that WAS the shiny one. either way. it SILL has the bolts beneath it.

Voltorb and Electrode are KNOWN for blowing themselves up... As of right now... They are really the only 2 electric pokemon (at least in the anime) who don't make much sense....

Actually, voltorb is kinduva joke pokemon really. you pick it up thinking it's a pokemon and then it explodes right in your face.

Still though. The comment was removed. There could be SEVERAL reasons for this! serebii has also stated this and has also stated a few. And, as good as their source may be, the statement could have been somewhat mistranslated. We're only human. We all make mistakes.

Last edited:

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
    Years
    being they are in charge of making it, its a possibility that it can be whatever types they want. im hoping for the light/dark, and maby it is a possibility, that they can learn electric type moves, or electricity may tie in to a new pokepower or part of the storyline even.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I can kind of see why it would be Electric, but it makes much more sense for it to be Dark. (Either way we'd have a unique typing) Then again, it is the legendary for Pokemon White, and electricity is very bright, so maybe that's why? But then Reshiram would have to be Dark o_0

I should just try not to speculate about this and wait for confirmed information.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Actually once I thought about it for a second it wouldn't be a bad idea really. I mean it would male some sense that the Isshu region that seems to have large cities would have a legendary electric type dragon. Perhaps maybe (IF electric is Zekrom's second type) Zekrom would be involved in some sort power or energy issue (lol) throughout the region. I don't know if it's possible but you know you WOULD need a lot of power for large cities.

In other words I'd like to see this type combo for zekrom come true, and if not it'll still be a cool pokemon.

Thank you I agree so wholeheartly with this statement. People have been paying to much attention to its body color instead of the region its found in. Since Isshu is more industrialized it would make sense that these two legendaries have something to do with industrilization. Still this is just a rumor but I don't rule out the possibility it being electric. I mean come one its tail looks like a freakin generator for cryin out loud!

Back