• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Haha, yeah, I also read that on Serebii seconds ago.
    I just think she was goofy and it slipped. Like those recent iDevice leaks, accidental stuff that reveal more info to the public.
    But I'll love him to be Dragon-Electric ! Any new type combo is welcome ! ^^

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I can kind of see why it would be Electric, but it makes much more sense for it to be Dark. (Either way we'd have a unique typing) Then again, it is the legendary for Pokemon White, and electricity is very bright, so maybe that's why? But then Reshiram would have to be Dark o_0

I should just try not to speculate about this and wait for confirmed information.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Since they're probably opposites of each other, maybe the whole Dragon/Electric type might be the offset of a Dragon/Dark type. Perhaps a fire type as people have speculated. It would seem that basing types from color schemes this time around might not be the best way to go about things, especially if this rumor is true.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    He looks like a robot. Robots are electronic. Electricity can be blue. Zekrom has some blue in his design. It doesn't necessarily have to be yellow to be electric. Have you ever seen lightning? Lightning has tints of blue in it.

Spoiler:

Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire.

The reasons why the legendaries for Black and White could be fire and electric:

Fire--you light a candle to see in the dark. It's light in darkness.

Electricity--you turn on a lamp when it's dark. It's also light in darkness.

Therefore, Fire and Electricity tie into the light/dark aspect. Both create light when there is darkness. It doesn't have to be so literal and be part light and part dark types. The legendaries could be part fire and part electric and still convey the same message. The titles make sense, because Black represents dark and white represents light.

Also, with fire and electricity, not only can they bring light, they can cause darkness as well. If you use too much electricity, it causes power outages (like the one in Sunyshore). Without power, you're in darkness. Fire also creates smoke. You can't see when there is smoke and ash. Therefore, there is darkness.

Fire and electricity control light and dark. Therefore everything I've said makes sense for the legendaries to be part fire and electric.

The blue is the lighting on zekrom's smooth black/dark grey body. There's not even ANY blue in its eyes! It's eyes are red and its iris is green with a black pupil.

Either way, there is OBVIOUSLY some reason why they are keeping their second types extremely secret.

Personally, I think it's just to piss us all off. :D

Also, on a side note. Who here expected Groudon to be a Fire-Type pokemon the first time they saw him?

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I think I figured it out you guys..... Zekrom is definitely part electric, because his tail is one of those things you plug into a cigarette lighter to charge! So we can be sure at some point in the game he will plug his tail into a giant cigarette lighter and steal all the energy from the city! :O

Just kidding, but I like the idea that he may be electric. It would make a lot of sense with the whole computer thing (RAM, ROM). And I like how someone pointed out the cave with the blue electricity everywhere, this would also make sense with it. And I'm not completely sure, but I think the color of electricity depends on it's charge.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Lol I find it funny how the guy quickly deleted the post LOL I bet his boss told him off or somthing XDXD

I think it could since it has that big jet thing as its tail, like those things on airoplanes.
    The first time I saw it I thought it might be a steel type though :\

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I kind of think Reshiram is going to be Dragon/Flying, which would be lame. But hopefully looks can be deceiving this time.....

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Lol I find it funny how the guy quickly deleted th.e post LOL I bet his boss told him off or somthing XDXD

I think it could since it has that big jet thing as its tail, like those things on airoplanes.
    The first time I saw it I thought it might be a steel type though :\

This "guy" you are talking about is actually a woman <_<.

Crap I forgot to quote some who mentioned Groudon. Anyway, yeah I thought Groudon would be a fire type instead of ground. Good thing it can learn fire type moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2013
    Hm......... There's nothing about Zekrom that screams electric type to me.

Hell, if he IS an electric type, he'd be THE FIRST ONE of breaking the trend of Electric pokemon being yellow or at having yellow on them. As of right now, only Chinchou, Lanturn, Electrike, Manetric, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray are the ONLY electric pokemon that fall under that second category

.....There's nothing about Flygon or Garchomp that screams Ground-type but they are. Flygon has the WINGS, eyes, and antennae of a bug and is bright green. Garchomp is a frickin hammerhead shark, yet they're both Ground because that's just a part of their OVERALL design and they were intended that way. Oh, and the connection with the cave seems logical.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    I think she knows it's part electric, but she hurried up and removed it, because she remembered that no one is supposed to know.

After reading that, I wondered if this is the location where Zekrom may be found.
    Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread
    It's a possibility. It could just be a random cave, but I think there's a chance Zekrom's location is here. Zekrom has some blue in his design, and the electricity in this picture is blue. He also seems to have a robotic look. Robots are electronic. It makes sense for him to be part electric.
    oh you beat me to it :D yeah i think that too i like the electromagnet theme

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Hmmm... That typing seems completely wrong.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    for those who are saying that it just might be true, and see the blues reflecting off of it's body, as much as I'd hate this I have a theory. Reshiram also has reds reflecting from it's white body. And it's head and tail look like fire. This could still relate to Naturalization and Industrialization. Fire = NATURAL LIGHT, Electricity = Unnatural Light, for the most part anyway.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    For some reason, I am no longer excited about them anymore... I got my hopes up I guess.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    The Electric/Dragon typing is a new typing, Zekrom would be the first Pokemon of them all to hold it. When competative is a concern, this typing is an OK typing holding 7 resistances at the cost of 3 weaknesses. It's not a very efficient combination since it didn't serve to cancel out any weeknesses, and on the good side no weaknesses actually stacked to make a devastating 4X weakness.

But, I actually like this typing since I think we should have more electric type legendaries and it would be nice to see what a legend of that type will be capable of. As for Reshiram, if Zekrom ended up being half-electric type, then it looks like the whole light-type theory will be forgotten, although it may still be plausible. Reshiram to me looks like a Dragon/Fire type with levitate. Maybe their roles would be for Reshiram to "light the sky" and Zekrom to "light the city".

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    The blue is the lighting on zekrom's smooth black/dark grey body. There's not even ANY blue in its eyes! It's eyes are red and its iris is green with a black pupil.

Either way, there is OBVIOUSLY some reason why they are keeping their second types extremely secret.

Personally, I think it's just to piss us all off. :D

Also, on a side note. Who here expected Groudon to be a Fire-Type pokemon the first time they saw him?

Since when did a pokemon have to be a certain color to be a certain type?

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    I think she missenterpeted it and just deleted it because she got the typing wrong and didnt want to confuse anyone.
    Anyway, Zekrom looks more steel or dark than it does electric. :/

Originally Posted by BryFry354 Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread
    There's nothing about Flygon or Garchomp that screams Ground-type but they are. Flygon has the WINGS, eyes, and antennae of a bug and is bright green. Garchomp is a frickin hammerhead shark, yet they're both Ground because that's just a part of their OVERALL design and they were intended that way.
    actually, the red eye covers on flygon and his body shape point to the fact that he is designed to withstand sandstorms, and, since theres no sand type, the next best thing is ground.
    And Garchomp has that feel too, and also he has the type of "ground type" yellow colourisation on him, also there's thier movepools.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I think the third legendary in Pokemon Gray will be Dark type. Fire and Electricity both create light, and Darkness would end them.

So Fire/Dragon, Electric/Dragon and Dark/Dragon. This would be three new types combos!

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    This is from Pokebeach:
    "Reshiram's name comes from "shiro," which means "white" in Japanese, whereas Zekrom's comes from "kuro," which means "black." But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark. Like we pointed out a few weeks ago, "hiun" in Hiun City's name can mean "clouds being blown by the wind." In addition to this, the bridge connected to Hiun City is named "Sky Arrow Bridge." So, we obviously have a sky theme going on in these two games in addition to the possible lightening or darkening of it. Thanks goes to Yaminokame for researching these name meanings.
    What do these tidbits and the names of the Legendary Pokemon tell us about Black and White's plot? This is just speculation, but perhaps the games will involve a story related to making the sky night or day, similar to the whole land and ocean dichotomy in Ruby and Sapphire."

Psydragon

Elder Trainer
    Years
    And I'm not completely sure, but I think the color of electricity depends on it's charge.

That idea makes you think. One could be negative charge and the other positive charge. negative=evil, positive=good. evil=black, good= white.
    I highly doubt both would be electric though, but you never know.

.....There's nothing about Flygon or Garchomp that screams Ground-type but they are. Flygon has the WINGS, eyes, and antennae of a bug and is bright green. Garchomp is a frickin hammerhead shark, yet they're both Ground because that's just a part of their OVERALL design and they were intended that way. Oh, and the connection with the cave seems logical.
    On a side note, what is up with Flygon's evoloution chain ? Garchomp makes sense. Gible and Gabite look like mini Garchomps. Vibrava looks like a mini Flygon, but what in the world is trapinch ? It looks like it would turn into a Mawile. Even Yanma would have been a more sensible pre-evolutionary form than Trapinch is. They could have kept the whole dragonfly thing going.

Back