• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • It's an Angel and Gargoyle! So Flying/Psychic and Rock/Dark

I'm not very fond of them as they seem familiar. But Zeckrom suits it SO well :D

From other thread, I didn't see this longer one first :P:
    They SUCK! In a good way. Zeckrom looks cool. They could be Bugs. But definitely Psychic and Dark. Too much like Palkia both of them are

EDIT: Reshiram looks like a Bird so I'm guessing: Flying/Psychic while Dark/Steel or Dark/Dragon for Zeckrom. I might choose with now, both name, in English as well :o, are cool, but I prefer Zeckrom, it's design as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I Think most other legendaries look like other pokemon, just bigger, with a bit more special look. Like Celebi or Groudon or Even Dialga. These ones look... A bit different. They Are uber cool though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Wow, when I saw this thread I thought, "I should've been checking for updates the past few days" since I saw it had a lot of pages. Then I saw they were revealed today :P I guess 7 pages is expected after this was revealed 6 or so hours ago.

They look amazing! I'm glad they don't look as "cartoonish" as past legendaries (the past ones look really cool too, it's just that this makes me think they're definitely appealing to older gamers now) Even with the legendaries revealed I still can't choose between Black and White since they're both well-designed. BTW Peeeka Chooo said Zekrom is white's mascot and vice-versa, and that's what Serebii says o_0 I guess they're going with the whole yin-yang thing so that it's half black/half white in both versions. Also did anyone else think that Reshiram in some ways looks like a white Zoroark?

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
  • ...Am I the only one who doesn't like them? >.>

I hate them.
    I hate how all the legendaries are big, powerful robot-looking machines. I know, I know, Mewtwo was a hybrid, but Mewtwo was epic.

These ones are just... meh. I'll wait to see what the rest of the 20 legendaries that'll probably be in the game will look like. If I don't like them, I'll catch them and then just release them into the wild. xD

I just miss the more natural-ish legends, the ones that look like they have a tie with the well being of the Earth, not ones that look like super crazy robots that weeaboos in Kansas made. :P

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • I like the body structure, but what's up with their tails? Also, the white one's feet look like rip off's of Palkia. :/ Still, that's the only thing I can really complain about, they do look cool, and they give off the impression of some sort of wind element, so maybe something there...?

Looks like I'm going to have to switch getting black to white because the black pokemon looks way cooler.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Getting Black version, definitely. The White legendary looks it's gonna be the crappiest legendary ever. XD

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • Please don't tell me that these are the "June 6th" revelations. As they came to early and I want more Pokémon!!!

I can't imagine we'd get much information on either legend anyway. They never told us about Dialga/Palkia's Types and Abilities until after the game came out. Maybe we'll get lucky and another Pokémon or two will be shown next month.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • ^Yeah hopefully.

Since they've done Psychic/Flying with Lugia. I've changed my predictions again:
    Reshiram: Flying/Dragon
    Zeckram: Rock/Dragon

Zeckram is definitely Rock, it's a Gargoyle. And Reshiram is Flying as it's an Angel :)

EDIT: Scratch that xD Zeckram has some sort of exhaust as it's tail, meaning Steel. Maybe a Dark/Steel? To go with Mawile's evo xD

The exhaust ties in with the Industrial idea of some. I think Zeckram's man-made. That is an engine on it's tail. Or, it could be what gave humans the Industrial idea. And Reshiram could be Electricity? I need to sleep and wake up with fresh ideas :P

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It's an Angel and Gargoyle! So Flying/Psychic and Rock/Dark

I'm not very fond of them as they seem familiar. But Zeckrom suits it SO well :D

From other thread, I didn't see this longer one first :P:
    They SUCK! In a good way. Zeckrom looks cool. They could be Bugs. But definitely Psychic and Dark. Too much like Palkia both of them are

EDIT: Reshiram looks like a Bird so I'm guessing: Flying/Psychic while Dark/Steel or Dark/Dragon for Zeckrom. I might choose with now, both name, in English as well :o, are cool, but I prefer Zeckrom, it's design as well.

lol bluerang what's with you and bugs?! haven't you mentioned bug legendaries before? like in the gen 5 speculation thread back in pkmn general?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • First thing to come to mind when I saw both Reshiram and Zekrom was "Oh my gosh, these two are hot!" These two legendaries definitely topped Palkia and Dialga in my opinion. Last generation, I could have easily said, Dialga looked a lot cooler than Palkia. In this case, Reshiram and Zekrom look so cool I can't choose. I'm glad I'm getting both versions when they're released, because I honestly would have has to waited until version exclusives were known before I could really choose.

I love the idea that they're doing Zekrom for White and Reshiram for Black. The entire Ying & Yang theory a lot of speculators had in mind, had it right. Plus, with RAM and ROM in the names, I wouldn't be surprised to see this tied into a whole advance technology and naturalism plot for the games.

Putting it shortly, I'm not disappointed.

My ideas on types though are either:

Zekrom
    - Dark*/Dragon
    Reshiram
    - Psychic**/Dragon

* I know some think that Zekrom could be part Rock type because it's possibly based on a Gargoyle, but I think it differently. Though, it's never impossible.

** I have my mind set to the idea that a Light type being introduced is a little too late to happen now, and the chances of it happening is quite slim to none. However, I'm keeping the idea reserved that Reshiram could possible be Light/Dragon.

If they aren't Dragon types, but only look like them (i.e. Charizard, Sceptile) my ideas are:

Zekrom
    - Dark/Flying
    Reshiram
    - Psychic/Flying

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^Yeah hopefully.

Since they've done Psychic/Flying with Lugia. I've changed my predictions again:
    Reshiram: Flying/Dragon
    Zeckram: Rock/Dragon

Zeckram is definitely Rock, it's a Gargoyle. And Reshiram is Flying as it's an Angel :)

EDIT: Scratch that xD Zeckram has some sort of exhaust as it's tail, meaning Steel. Maybe a Dark/Steel? To go with Mawile's evo xD

The exhaust ties in with the Industrial idea of some. I think Zeckram's man-made. That is an engine on it's tail. Or, it could be what gave humans the Industrial idea. And Reshiram could be Electricity? I need to sleep and wake up with fresh ideas :P

Have you seen my posts prediting what types they'd be? Here they are:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I presume the white one is for pokemon white, hot damn white is mine
    The white mascot (Reshiram) is said to be the cover for Pokémon Black. The same will be for the black mascot (Zekrom), who will be on the cover of Pokémon White. So, it's likely the games will have it opposite like the idea of Ying and Yang.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    you forget EMERALD my dear friend. not to mention latias and latios.
    and i'm not tired of them i think there awesome! i have an entire party of dragons in my party as we speak i think0.o. but i do like them. i just think the next gen shouldn't have dragon mascot legends.

I agree. Though we only really had 3 dragon mascots in the last two gens (Palkia, Dialga, and Rayquaza in Emerald) I think that is enough for now. However, I wouldn't mind if they were dragon...I got a feeling that they will be.

Back