• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Companies

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Video Game Companies

There are many gaming companies out there. Which ones are your favorite, and what made you like them? What are some of your favorite games that were made by them?

Gearbox is one of my favorite companies, because they always seem to do a good job when it comes to making games that are different. Borderlands is a good example. It had a very special art style, and the way that the game worked was really unique. Many video game companies have based their work on them. Nintendo is my favorite, too. Link, Mario, Smash Brothers, Metroid, and many of my other favorite titles are created by this brilliant company. I also like Rockstar, because I'm a big fan of their Grand Theft Auto series. ^^"

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
  • Well this is kinda easy...
    Sega - sonic and others (HUGE fan mega drive games) I have a huge respect for sega and Im bit sad how they lost their former power...

Konami - Castlevania and CONTRA (one of my all time favourites) I like their games but I dont know the company.

Ubisoft - Rayman I like the games but dont know the company that well

Nintendo - Metroid Nintendo is kinda my childhood and it has stayed that way mostly. I like it when nintendo makes some bold design choices for their games.

Capcom - Megaman and them Fighting Games. I could live with only these two games but Capcoms resent practices turn me kinda against them.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • My absolute favourite company is Nintendo, for obvious reasons - they have my favourite series of games that include Fire Emblem and the Legend of Zelda series~

Namco Bandai is also a nice mention, because they made the Tales of series (ie Tales of Vesperia & Tales of Symphonia). :3

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Mine is Nintendo, no discussion necessary. A huge majority of the games I enjoy were developed by them, and I love the way they've evolved their characters over the years. As much as I love Nintendo, Namco Bandai is worth bringing up for creating the Tales of series like Shawn said!

TY

Gearbox - I love Borderlands 1&2 and i play this game way too much. Gearbox did a great job making this game.

Blizzard - I love RTS games, and Blizzard has one of the best RTS games in the world: StarCraft.

Years
  • Well, I'm a Naughty Dog fanboy pretty much. I was playing Crash Bandicoot when I was just a young kid I loved this game, in fact I still do! Uncharted was good (form viewer persepctive, cause I don't have PS3) and fun. The Last of Us, I don't need to say anything right? I'm hoping that they will develop next Crash for PS4. :D

Years
  • Generally just Nintendo. They make games I love, like Mario and The Legend Of Zelda. Overall, I just love what they do.
    Besides them, I like Capcom and Level-5, both of which make very interesting games... like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton.

Years
  • Nintendo's alright. Though they made some asinine decisions lately, Nintendo makes quality games for all ages.

Naughty dog is a fantastic gaming company, they made some quality AAA games such as Uncharted, Crash bandicoot, and Last of us. I wish to work for them one day but if I ever want to do that I'll need to build up a lot of experience in programming. Special mention to Atlus as well for games like SMT, Catherine, etc.

Back