• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vileplume, Error or Fake?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Hi,

I recently looked through my collection of cards, and noticed that the Vileplume Holo card is missing the Jungle Expansion Symbol?

Everything else on the card is perfect, nothing at all stands out and indicates its a fake, plus its Holographic, so if it is a fake, the maker must be damn good.

Anyway, I'm here to ask the experts? Fake or is it a printing error by WoTC?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    There was a printing run of the jungle expansion that lacked the set symbol. Collectors creatively dub this the 'error jungle' set. So it is pretty likely that this card came from that set, if nothing else about the card seems fake. If you search 'error jungle pokemon' or something of the like on ebay you can see a few more examples of them, I don't know what the going rate for an error vileplume would be but I think you can place its value a little over that of a regular first edition version of the card.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Its definitely real. I have one of those myself. Thought it would be worth a little something, but its not worth all that much after all...kind of disappointed but oh well.

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
    Is Nidoking from that set? Because I have one that doesn't have a symbol on it and was just curious.

Back