• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Viruses, spyware & malware

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    On Windows, I used ESET Nod32 in conjunction with Malwarebytes. I was completely safe with these programs
    I also had addons like Adblock+ and https-everywhere, and EMET running some apps. Sandboxie was on standby just in case I HAD to go downloading stuff

On Linux, I have ClamAV running for the heck of it, though I've considered looking into PAX and grsec patches for the Linux kernel.

On Windows, I used ESET Nod32 in conjunction with Malwarebytes. I was completely safe with these programs
    I also had addons like Adblock+ and https-everywhere, and EMET running some apps. Sandboxie was on standby just in case I HAD to go downloading stuff

On Linux, I have ClamAV running for the heck of it, though I've considered looking into PAX and grsec patches for the Linux kernel.

Years
    I've got Norton 360 running on my desktop. It's been pretty reliable for me. I've had it on here about 2 or 3 years now, and have had no problems. Would recommend it.

Years
    I have no security besides the windows firewall. It's lasting me quite a long time and even on my last computer I never got a virus or spam or anything at all. That's the perks of knowing your crap and what not to click on in the internet.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    I don't use any antivirus aside from Windows defender, and I have never actually been infected with anything myself, but my parents are really the greater issue. They seem to be true malware magnets, just clicking through random install processes without even taking a look at what they install... And when the homepage has changed to Ask.com search or Bubblysquigglywobblywebsearch.scam, I am, of course, the one who is tasked with the cleanup... Malwarebytes is my go-to tool for removal of malware or viruses when I am aware of the fact and just want it removed. I have tried out various more permanent solutions on my parents' computers, AVG, Avast, Kaspersky, but so far I haven't found a solution that is non-obtrusive, uses a minimal amount of resources, and just works. Until then I'll just hope that someday, my parents will learn to think about what they download and especially what they install...

Years
    DIE CONDUIT DIE.

I generally don't have problems on my computers since I know what I'm doing, but I used to work for a repair shop where every bloody system which came in was infected with Conduit. I hate that nonsense so much...

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    DIE CONDUIT DIE.

I generally don't have problems on my computers since I know what I'm doing, but I used to work for a repair shop where every bloody system which came in was infected with Conduit. I hate that nonsense so much...
    Oh gross. I once ended up with something that was basically Conduit under a different name, and it was just hell to remove.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    I had a lot of malware on this computer last October, ugh. I use Malwarebytes for that, ahahah. Haven't had any huge malware problems since I wiped it all off my computer. xD

I used to use Norton for viruses, but paying for virus programs is lame, so I've switched to Avast. Now my mom doesn't have to pay for Norton anymore! Yay! :D also avast is infinitely better, so that's a thing too

Years
    I use McAfee antivirus its far to much of a resource hog though, Especially on my older computers.
    On my new laptop I try not to download things to reduce infection risk, I would probably download a program onto an older PC then copy in onto the laptop.

Back