• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    This script runs perfectly most of the time, but sometimes it runs into such a bug after battle. Could you please help me?
    Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    This script runs perfectly most of the time, but sometimes it runs into such a bug after battle. Could you please help me?
    Which version of Pokemon Essentials and which version of the overworld encounter script do you use? Did you win the battle, or lose it? What can you tell about the situation where this error message occured?

On which map did it happen (the error message says map with ID 2)? Have there been normal events placed (with the map editor) on that map, or was that map without any events?

Does the error occure right after the battle and even before you can move again, or does the error occure with the first step after a battle?

Can you reproduce this error? Do you have a setup where this error will always happen?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I used v18.1(with gen8 project).I caught a pokemon and the error happen.
    On map 2.There are some normal events.
    Sadly,I can't find the rule of the error.

Years
    I used v18.1(with gen8 project).I caught a pokemon and the error happen.
    On map 2.There are some normal events.
    Sadly,I can't find the rule of the error.

Do these normal events on map 2 have any graphics or are they all invisible events without any graphics?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Hai iam new from this community
    My English is not good
    How do I prepare an event for this script?

Last edited:
    Years
    Some of them have and some don't.

I have an idea. Since this error only happens in unclear situations and I could not reproduce the exact same error message, I can't be sure.
    But I might have found the point where this error comes from.

Add this line
    Code:
        $scene.spritesets[self.map_id]=Spriteset_Map.new(self) if $scene.spritesets[self.map_id]==nil
    straight above the already existing line
    Code:
        $scene.spritesets[self.map_id].character_sprites.push(sprite)
    in your visible overworld wild encounter script.

I also updated the script version and included the bug fix therein. So you can simply install the new version, which is called version 18.0.6 now (here I merged PE v18 and script version 2.0.6).

Years
    Hi I am new in this community.
    My English is not good.
    How do I prepare an event for this script?

You do not have to prepare an event for this script.
    Probably, you are not familar with the script editor of RPG Maker XP.
    To open the script editor:
    • Start RPG Maker XP,
    • click on "Tools" (in the menu of the window) and then
    • click on "Script Editor... F11".
    In the script editor, there is a list on the left. You find all script sections In that list.
    Click on a script section with left mouse button and then the text field on the right shows the script code of that script section.
    Click on a script section with right mouse button and then you can add a new script section. Then you can write, place or copy paste new code in the empty text field on the right. This is what you have to do in step 2 to install the "visible overworld wild encounter script".

Years
    Pokemon's not spawning in water how i fix?

Make sure to use the latest version of the script. For instance, that is "visible overworld wild encounters" script version 18.0.6 if you use Pokemon Essentials 18.1.
    Which version of the "overworld encounter" script do you use? And which version of Pokemon Essentials do you use?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Make sure to use the latest version of the script. For instance, that is "visible overworld wild encounters" script version 18.0.6 if you use Pokemon Essentials 18.1.
    Which version of the "overworld encounter" script do you use? And which version of Pokemon Essentials do you use?

I fix this error thanks for replying

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    As I mentioned before, this is one of the nicest scripts available for Pokémon Essentials. I'm just having an issue where it's not showing the proper form on the overworld, for example, Rattatta, I already created the 019_1 image and set the proper encounter on encounters.txt - but it always show the normal Rattatta overworld. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Years
    As I mentioned before, this is one of the nicest scripts available for Pokémon Essentials. I'm just having an issue where it's not showing the proper form on the overworld, for example, Rattatta, I already created the 019_1 image and set the proper encounter on encounters.txt - but it always show the normal Rattatta overworld. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Here is a 3 step program to solve your problem.

1. Step) In Pokemon Essentials, the form of an encountering Pokemon is always the base form 0 unless there is a specific code for that pokemon in script section "Pokemon_Forms" in the Script Editor (F11). I searched for such a code for Rattata in Pokemon Essentials v18.1. But there was no code that would modify Rattatas form on creation etc. What do you use to let alolan Rattatas spawn on your map? You could use the following code
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:RATTATA,{
      "getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
        next 1
      }
    })
    With this code, only alolan Rattatas will spawn on the maps. Clearly, you can also modify that code for your wishes. For example, if you want that alolan and kanto Rattata spawn randomly then replace " next 1" by " next rand(2)" in the code above.

2. Step) The overworld sprite of an alolan Rattata will only be used if
    • you set "USEALTFORMS=true" in the settings section of the overworld encounters script and
    • you place graphics with name "019_1.png" and "019s_1.png" in the \Graphics\Characters folder of your project.

3. Step) In generell, Pokemon Essentials uses the base front and back sprites of an kanto Rattata even in battle with an alolan Rattata since there are no alolan front and back sprites available. Thus to have alolan sprites in battle you need to add sprites with names "019_1", "019f_1", "019b_1", "019fb_1", "019s_1", "019fs_1", "019sb_1" and "019fsb_1" in the \Graphics\Battlers folder of your project.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Here is a 3 step program to solve your problem.

1. Step) In Pokemon Essentials, the form of an encountering Pokemon is always the base form 0 unless there is a specific code for that pokemon in script section "Pokemon_Forms" in the Script Editor (F11). I searched for such a code for Rattata in Pokemon Essentials v18.1. But there was no code that would modify Rattatas form on creation etc. What do you use to let alolan Rattatas spawn on your map? You could use the following code
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:RATTATA,{
      "getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
        next 1
      }
    })
    With this code, only alolan Rattatas will spawn on the maps. Clearly, you can also modify that code for your wishes. For example, if you want that alolan and kanto Rattata spawn randomly then replace " next 1" by " next rand(2)" in the code above.

2. Step) The overworld sprite of an alolan Rattata will only used if
    • you set "USEALTFORMS=true" in the settings section of the overworld encounters script and
    • you place graphics with name "019_1.png" and "019s_1.png" in the \Graphics\Characters folder of your project.

3. Step) In generell, Pokemon Essentials uses the base front and back sprites of an kanto Rattata even in battle with an alolan Rattata since there are no alolan front and back sprites available. Thus have alolan sprites in battle you need to add sprites with names "019_1", "019f_1", "019b_1", "019fb_1", "019s_1", "019fs_1", "019sb_1" and "019fsb_1" in the \Graphics\Battlers folder of your project.

Thanks you so much! In the end, the issue was that the correct _1 images were existent just on the Characters/Following folder and not on the Characters itself - I moved all the Pokémon forms and now it's working fine! No other change was needed! Thanks for being so nice and taking your time to answer me!

Years
    Ihave problem with v18.1
    No visible over world water encounters

Which version of the "overworld encounter" script do you use?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Which version of the "overworld encounter" script do you use?

I have problem copying the script of v 18.0.6 so can you copy the bug fix and visible script and send it to me in TXT format please
    For v18.1
    Thanks in advance

Back