• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years

This error comes from line 1142 in your ZUD_MaxRaid_01_Battle script.
    More precisely, every encounter is considered as a pokemon battle in Safari Zone. But you don't use your own pokemon. So the player itself is considered as a battling pokemon instead, as some kind of fake battle. Now, your ZUD_MaxRaid_01_Battle script adds dynamax to pokemon in battle. But the script forgot to add it in fake battle.

So the following bug fix will remove this error.
    Start the script editor (F11), go into the script section "PokeBattle_SafariZone" and add the following code
    Code:
      def dynamax?;       return false; end
      alias isDynamax? dynamax?
    right below the line 38 (line 38 says " alias isMega? mega?").

However, since we don't use that Dynamax script in this thread here, I cannot say if there are more upcoming errors in the ZUD MaxRaid script. I recommend that you should post your error message (and perhaps the solution above) in the ZUD MaxRaid thread. This ensures that the writers of the ZUD MaxRaid script can update the code and remove the bug.

And I have another hint for you: Yet, we can't see your photo since you added the link https://photos.app.goo.gl/QshkADqi1xcuLNfi7 as an image ()which it isn't). If you want to add a link to your photo https://photos.app.goo.gl/QshkADqi1xcuLNfi7 then simply write the link. Thankfully, I found your link in another way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    How do I do this? Some pokemons only have overworld encounters and some pokemons only have regular encounters. like Pokemon swsh game

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    What do you call a taskbar? Can you post a screenshot of what you want?
    I must warn you though, if what you want is a Windows-like taskbar, there is little chance anybody will make it for you (unless they already made it for their game lol), as it doesn't exist (as far as I know), and it doesn't seem like an easy thing to implement.

This error comes from line 1142 in your ZUD_MaxRaid_01_Battle script.
    More precisely, every encounter is considered as a pokemon battle in Safari Zone. But you don't use your own pokemon. So the player itself is considered as a battling pokemon instead, as some kind of fake battle. Now, your ZUD_MaxRaid_01_Battle script adds dynamax to pokemon in battle. But the script forgot to add it in fake battle.

So the following bug fix will remove this error.

However, since we don't use that Dynamax script in this thread here, I cannot say if there are more upcoming errors in the ZUD MaxRaid script. I recommend that you should post your error message (and perhaps the solution above) in the ZUD MaxRaid thread. This ensures that the writers of the ZUD MaxRaid script can update the code and remove the bug.

And I have another hint for you: Yet, we can't see your photo since you added the link https://photos.app.goo.gl/QshkADqi1xcuLNfi7 as an image ()which it isn't). If you want to add a link to your photo https://photos.app.goo.gl/QshkADqi1xcuLNfi7 then simply write the link. Thankfully, I found your link in another way.
    Not working same error

Years
    How do I do this? Some pokemons only have overworld encounters and some pokemons only have regular encounters. like Pokemon swsh game

If you want different pokemon for overworld spawning and normal encountering (like in Pokemon SwSh) then you can follow the "instructions on how to have different encounters for overworld spawning and original encountering on the same map" in the MODIFICATIONS section here
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10202528#post10202528

Well, this is tested with Pokemon Essentials 17.2 but it should also work in Pokemon Essentials 18.1. So try it out and let us know if it works.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    If you want different pokemon for overworld spawning and normal encountering (like in Pokemon SwSh) then you can follow the "instructions on how to have different encounters for overworld spawning and original encountering on the same map" in the MODIFICATIONS section here

Well, this is tested with Pokemon Essentials 17.2 but it should also work in Pokemon Essentials 18.1. So try it out and let us know if it works.

Yes this script works on Pokemon Essentials 18.1. but there is a bug when I surfing Pokemon's not spwaning in water but when I not surfing Pokemon's spwaning in water how can I fix this bug.

Years
    Yes this script works on Pokemon Essentials 18.1. but there is a bug when I surfing Pokemon's not spwaning in water but when I not surfing Pokemon's spwaning in water how can I fix this bug.

Additionally, replace
    Code:
      def isEncounterPossibleHereOnTile?(x,y)
        if PBTerrain.isJustWater?($game_map.terrain_tag(x,y))
          return true
        elsif self.isCave?
          return true
        elsif self.isGrass?
          return PBTerrain.isGrass?($game_map.terrain_tag(x,y))
        end
        return false
      end
    in the visible overworld wild encounter script by
    Code:
      def isEncounterPossibleHereOnTile?(x,y)
        if PBTerrain.isJustWater?($game_map.terrain_tag(x,y))
          return true
        elsif self.isOverworldCave?
          return true
        elsif self.isOverworldGrass?
          return PBTerrain.isGrass?($game_map.terrain_tag(x,y))
        end
        return false
      end

I tested it with 18.0.7 and it worked.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    This thread is intended for questions for the overworld encounter script. If you have any other questions, such as for weather encounters, then please search for a suitable thread or ask your question in the questions section of the pokecommunity forum.

However, you can find a weather encounter script here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429803

I installed it but I get this error

Script '311' line Weather: NameError occured.

uninitialized constant PBFieldWeather::Ash

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021

I added this modification
    overworld encounters and normal encounters, but also that the overworld and normal encounters are different.
    I set some encounters in land encounter type as well as i set some encounters in overworldland encounter type but only overworldland encounters are overworldspwaning also i set some encounters only land encounters type but
    Pokemon's over world spwaning how can I fix this. sorry for my bad english.

Years
    I added this modification
    overworld encounters and normal encounters, but also that the overworld and normal encounters are different.
    I set some encounters in land encounter type as well as i set some encounters in overworldland encounter type but only overworldland encounters are overworldspwaning also i set some encounters only land encounters type but
    Pokemon's over world spwaning how can I fix this. sorry for my bad english.

I can understand that it is hard to communicate in a foreign language. We will try to help you anyway.
    But I am sorry. I am not sure if I understand you correctly. That is why I will ask you some questions. Please answer every question separately as good as possible. Then this will help me to understand you.

1. So you installed the modification called "instructions on how to have different encounters for overworld spawning and original encountering on the same map" from https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10202528#post10202528 Is that correct?
    2. Did you also do this https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10317099&postcount=329 ?
    3. Do overworld encounters spawn?
    4. Are there normal encounters?
    5. Did you set Land encounters on your map?
    6. Did you set OverworldLand encounters, which are different from the Land encounters, on your map?
    7. How did you set the Land and OverworldLand encounters? In the debug menu (F9 during playtesting) or manually in the pbs-file?
    8. The overworld pokemon, that spawn during playtesting, are the pokemon, which you set as OverworldLand encounters. Is that correct?
    9. The overworld pokemon, that spawn during playtesting, are the pokemon, which you set as Land encounters. Is that correct?
    10. The overworld pokemon, that spawn during playtesting, are completely different pokemon (not set as Land and not set as OverworldLand encounters. Is that correct?
    11. The normal pokemon, that encounter during playtesting, are the pokemon, which you set as Land encounters. Is that correct?
    12. The normal pokemon, that encounter during playtesting, are the pokemon, which you set as OverworldLand encounters. Is that correct?
    13. The normal pokemon, that encounter during playtesting, are completely different pokemon (not set as Land and not set as OverworldLand encounters. Is that correct?

Years
    is there a way to make the script adhere to a single map instead of just being global?

Yes, this is possible.

Let's say, you want to let the script work on no other map than the map with map id 12345678. Then replace the line
    Code:
            if ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>0 && ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>=100 || rand(100) < $game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE])) || pbPokeRadarOnShakingGrass
    Code:
            if ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>0 && ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>=100 || rand(100) < $game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE])) || pbPokeRadarOnShakingGrass || $game_map.map_id!=12345678

I haven't tested it yet and I have not checked where to find the map id, but this is how it should work. I would be glad if you would tell us (after testing) if this is indeed the right way.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
    So.... I have a question...

BUG or FEATURE

"When you have automatic spawning installed, dialogues doesn't help stop Auto Overworld Pokémon Spawning."

Years
    So.... I have a question...

BUG or FEATURE

"When you have automatic spawning installed, dialogues doesn't help stop Auto Overworld Pokémon Spawning."

This is usual behaviour. For instance, NPCs also don't stop moving on the overworld while you are in a dialogue (besides the NPCs you interact with).

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
    This is usual behaviour. For instance, NPCs also don't stop moving on the overworld while you are in a dialogue (besides the NPCs you interact with).

Well.... this has happened during any dialogue with trainers, wait a while and wild pokemon auto spawns. Is there a way I can disable it during any sort of dialogue?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    Yes, this is possible.

Let's say, you want to let the script work on no other map than the map with map id 12345678. Then replace the line
    Code:
            if ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>0 && ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>=100 || rand(100) < $game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE])) || pbPokeRadarOnShakingGrass
    Code:
            if ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>0 && ($game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE]>=100 || rand(100) < $game_variables[OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE])) || pbPokeRadarOnShakingGrass || $game_map.map_id!=12345678

I haven't tested it yet and I have not checked where to find the map id, but this is how it should work. I would be glad if you would tell us (after testing) if this is indeed the right way.

It sorta worked, every now and then pokemon will still spawn on other maps though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Not had any major issues with it with the v17 and not needed to add modification, but noticed some quirks and issues that are minor.

Well.... this has happened during any dialogue with trainers, wait a while and wild pokemon auto spawns. Is there a way I can disable it during any sort of dialogue?
    First this, while it makes sense i've had 2/3 times that the overworlds have softlocked people in events, they dont despawn as they cant move so they are stuck there. but its only been certain spots like in caves where its a small area.

Also, the $PokemonTemp.encounterType gets messed up with both overworlds and normals, and maybe even just overworld encounters,
    even if i have another encounter type (in my case weather) im trying to detect, it comes back as Overworld land as a OW pokemon changed $PokemonTemp.encounterType.
    this will mess up balls that use encounter types (lure ball is an example but that used fishing so thats probably an exception)
    ^
    only way i can see fixing this is removing/moving that bit of code in def pbChooseEncounter(x,y,repel=false), might have already fixed this for newer versions or v18 version, but felt i'd ask for both atleast.

edit: got a work around for the encountertype issue, added a check for the grass encounters so it couldnt try and spawn OW's during a fight, and also made a new temp overworldEncounterType and it fixed it.

Last edited:
    Back