• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
  • It's not me who got the error, it's people on my discord who got it. I may have an idea where the error can be located, it may be in the perma anim thing. But since someone else tried to reproduce the same bug and was unsuccessful... Maybe the people who reported this bug used something to modify the data of game, I don't know. And I'm sorry if I can't give you more details, since people who got the bug didn't give me enough details about it. Also I don't think I can load a ES V21 plugin in a ES V20.1 game...
    Do you use any other visible overworld wild encounter addons that are important to mention? Do you use the automatic spawning addon? Do you use fog on the map where the error occured? Or any other important Pokemon Essentials plugins?

And if you or your testers run into that error again and find any other idea what was going on the map before the crash, then let me know.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You got it right. A wild battle event does also lose it's marks when being caught, so maybe I was wrong with calling out this plugin specifically. At this point I have no idea what's causing my issue, honestly.
    I would guess, that the creator of the Improved Mementos plugin forgot to include the new saving routines for marks in wild battles that get triggered with the method wildbattle.start (in placed overworld events).

Years
  • Hello there! I have an error which i think that where it comes.

So i will give you as much detailed info as i can provide.

Where the error appeared?

I was on an outside map, ex: Route 1, and i was in battle using boons phenomena, in other words, a phenomenon grass encounters. When i run away from battle option, when the game was about "leaving/transiting" from the battle scene into the outside map, this error appeared, i was using the normal way to test my fan game and not using the debug mode, which it could be useful for this, but the error only appears at random and its hard to recreate it again.

I'm still using PEv20.1, i know that you may not give any support since thats PEv21 is out there, or if you can point me into the right direction, maybe my helper can help me fix it, currently we are both "blinded" about this.

Another thing, the map has a parallel process with this.

Sorry to bother you with that and thx for your time.

Do you use any other addons in your fangame, such as automatic spawning? Please let me know about all your plugins and visible overworld wild encounter addons that are important to mention.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Do you use any other addons in your fangame, such as automatic spawning? Please let me know about all your plugins and visible overworld wild encounter addons that are important to mention.
    1709998119564.png this is my list of plugins. I don't think any of them are affecting overworld encounters, but I could be wrong. I am also not using any overworld encounter addons at this time. Maybe I should be?

Years
  • View attachment 156100 this is my list of plugins. I don't think any of them are affecting overworld encounters, but I could be wrong. I am also not using any overworld encounter addons at this time. Maybe I should be?
    Thank you for letting me know. You should test the following now:
    1. Remove all plugins from your project, except for the Improved Mementos plugin and all plugins it requires.
    2. Then place an event on the map that starts a wild battle when triggered.
    3. Start your playtest, run into that event and test if the marks remain after battle.
    If the pokemon loses its marks in this setting, then it is proven that the Improved Mementos plugin does not handle wild battles by its own. In that situation, you should contact the creator of the Improved Mementos plugin.

If the pokemon does not lose its marks, then we definitely know, that some of your used plugins override the Improved Mementos plugins handle of wild battles. In that case you can test the following:
    1. Start with all of your plugins in your project.
    2. Choose one project and remove it from your project.
    3. Playtest with a handmade event as above.
    If the pokemon does not keep its marks, then choose the next plugin to remove and redo the steps until the pokemon does not lose its marks anymore. The last chosen and removed plugin will be the problem maker.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Thank you for letting me know. You should test the following now:
    1. Remove all plugins from your project, except for the Improved Mementos plugin and all plugins it requires.
    2. Then place an event on the map that starts a wild battle when triggered.
    3. Start your playtest, run into that event and test if the marks remain after battle.
    If the pokemon loses its marks in this setting, then it is proven that the Improved Mementos plugin does not handle wild battles by its own. In that situation, you should contact the creator of the Improved Mementos plugin.

If the pokemon does not lose its marks, then we definitely know, that some of your used plugins override the Improved Mementos plugins handle of wild battles. In that case you can test the following:
    1. Start with all of your plugins in your project.
    2. Choose one project and remove it from your project.
    3. Playtest with a handmade event as above.
    If the pokemon does not keep its marks, then choose the next plugin to remove and redo the steps until the pokemon does not lose its marks anymore. The last chosen and removed plugin will be the problem maker.
    I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time, but I genuinely still have no idea what I could have done. I think I may have added then removed a plugin at some point and that may be what is causing issues. I went through and tested with a fresh essentials folder, added plugins, and everything worked just fine. I really don't know where to go from here. Again, I'm sorry if I've wasted your time.

Years
  • Do you use any other addons in your fangame, such as automatic spawning? Please let me know about all your plugins and visible overworld wild encounter addons that are important to mention.
    My bad, i forgot to mention that in case you needed, here's the full list for the visible overworld encounters plugins that i use --> Visible Overworld Wild Encounters + Additional Despawn Methods + Aggressive Encounters + Automatic Spawning + Different Spawn And Normal Encounters + Different Spawn And Normal Encounters + Ditto Transform + Overworld Lavender Town Ghosts.

Years
  • There is a critical bug that needs to be fixed as soon as possible with Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On 1.4 for ES V20.1.
    When you save in front of a shiny and reset the game (not with f12), the next shiny that will try to appear or trying again with the same shiny will send this error:

People can get past the titles screen but once they get to the screen to load their save, loading their save give this error.
    I have good news for you.

I managed to reproduce your error and updated the "Additional Animations-Add On" to version 1.5. You can find it in the github repository now. Please, try it out and tell me if you get any errors.

It seems that the "Additional Animations - Add On" and the "Remove Poke Events On Load Save Transfer - Add On" were not totally compatible to each other. I would assume now, that you use both add-ons in your project, even though you did not mention it before. Please tell me, if that's correct.

Years
  • My bad, i forgot to mention that in case you needed, here's the full list for the visible overworld encounters plugins that i use --> Visible Overworld Wild Encounters + Additional Despawn Methods + Aggressive Encounters + Automatic Spawning + Different Spawn And Normal Encounters + Different Spawn And Normal Encounters + Ditto Transform + Overworld Lavender Town Ghosts.
    Unfortunately, I still cannot reproduce your error.

However, I updated the additional animations add-on. Please download the newest version 1.5 and add it to your project. Maybe this removes your error. Please let me know.

Can you also post the whole error message with the whole backtrace and not just the first line. i would help me a lot.

Years
  • Well, i only have the error that way, sorry. I tried to recreate the error, but its too hard and difficult. And i use PEv20.1 and i don't plan to update it anymore, so if i update your plugins, they eventualy could crash, i think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I have good news for you.

I managed to reproduce your error and updated the "Additional Animations-Add On" to version 1.5. You can find it in the github repository now. Please, try it out and tell me if you get any errors.

It seems that the "Additional Animations - Add On" and the "Remove Poke Events On Load Save Transfer - Add On" were not totally compatible to each other. I would assume now, that you use both add-ons in your project, even though you did not mention it before. Please tell me, if that's correct.
    Sorry for the late answer... I will check this update when I can. And to answer your questions, I don't use "Remove Poke Events On Load Save Transfer - Add On". I use "Additional Despawn Methods - Overworld Encounters Add On"

Years
  • Well, i only have the error that way, sorry. I tried to recreate the error, but its too hard and difficult. And i use PEv20.1 and i don't plan to update it anymore, so if i update your plugins, they eventualy could crash, i think.
    The visible overworld wild encounters plugin and all its add-on are for Pokemon Essential v20.1. Moreover, all update of these add-ons - even the ones in the future - are designed to work in Pokemon essentials v20.1. At least as long as there is no Pokemon Essentials version 22. So, there is no need to worry about downloading an updated add-on.

Back