• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    I get this error after the wild Pokémon encounter:
    ---------------------------
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I get this error after the wild Pokémon encounter:
    ---------------------------
    Spoiler:

Hi Nithe1990,
    it seems that you use the outdated Pokemon Essentials Version Esp 16.3, which is not supported for this script. You can either update your Pokemon Essentials version, or you can try the Yiormaris workaround, which is cited below.
    Hi [...] i find a alternative

Code:
      def removeThisEventfromMap
        if $game_map.events.has_key?(@id) and $game_map.events[@id]==self
          #-------------------------------------------------------------------------
          # added to reduce lag by derFischae
          for sprite in $scene.spritesets[$game_map.map_id].character_sprites
            if sprite.character==self
              $scene.spritesets[$game_map.map_id].character_sprites.delete(sprite)
              #sprite.dispose
              break
            end
          end

the solution comment the line sprite.dispose.
    and ADD this
    sprite.bitmap.dispose

PS: sorry for my english.

Note that the line "sprite.dispose" needs to be replaced by "sprite.bitmap.dispose" on 2 lines in the method removeThisEventFromMap.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Hi Nithe1990,
    it seems that you use the outdated Pokemon Essentials Version Esp 16.3, which is not supported for this script. You can either update your Pokemon Essentials version, or you can try the Yiormaris workaround, which is cited below.

Note that the line "sprite.dispose" needs to be replaced by "sprite.bitmap.dispose" on 2 lines in the method removeThisEventFromMap.

It wors! Thank you very much for your help, you have helped me a lot.

Years
  • I went on Relic Castle to look for the script of yours but still learning how to code so I will this up to you all I know is making a class Dexnav because I want to rewrite the whole script

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Hello...
    I still confuse how to active a add ons always shiny via event..
    Thank you

For 19.1, the included add on is set to work only if the gloabal switch (SHINY_WILD_POKEMON_SWITCH) is activated, you can edit its state during runtime going to Debug->Field options...->Switches and changing 031: Shiny Wild Pokemon to [ON] (only inside a new game or continue in play test).

To enable the switch via event you only have to add this script line (use false to disable):
    Code:
    $game_switches[Settings::SHINY_WILD_POKEMON_SWITCH]=true
    or
    Code:
    $game_switches[031]=true

Current AddOn code:
    Spoiler:
    If you want shiny pokemon but only in overworld you will need your own switch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    Got an error while setting up Roaming Pokémon, are there any solutions to this or are Roaming Pokémon still in the works? Every other encounter still works so I didn't nuke the script by accident
    Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    • Seen today
    What's a good spawn rate for this code? I don't want too many Pokemon on the field, but I don't want it to take forever to spawn an individual Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I need a help for Lavender Ghost overworld encounter...
    I have installed Lavender Ghost and working. But I have problem with overworld for ghost encounter on wild pokemon encounter...
    Thank you^^

Years
  • * Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Version 19.1.0.4 for PEv19.1 - by derFischae (Credits if used please) *

UPDATED TO VERSION 19.1.0.4 FOR POKEMON ESSENTIALS V19.1. This script is for Pokémon Essentials v19 and v19.1 (for short PEv19). REDESIGNED as a PLUGIN.

As in Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee or Pokemon Shield and Sword wild encounters pop up on the overworld, they move around and you can start the battle with them simply by moving to the pokemon. Clearly, you also can omit the battle by circling around them.

FEATURES
    NEW FEATURES
    • Easy Install as Plugin
    • Set movement of overworld pokemon depending on its properties
    • set steps a pokemon remains on map before despawning depending on pokemon properties
    • Choose whether you can battle water pokemon while not surfing or not
    • In water pokemon won't spawn above other tiles, which made them stuck or walk on ground
    UPSCALED FEATURES INCLUDED from PEv18:
    • see the pokemon on the overworld before going into battle
    • no forced battling against overworld encounters
    • plays the pokemon cry while spawning
    • Choose whether encounters occure on all terrains or only on the terrain of the player
    • you can have instant wild battle and overworld spawning at the same time and set the propability of that by default and change it ingame and store it with a $game_variable
    • In caves, pokemon don't spawn on impassable Rock-Tiles, which have the Tile-ID 4
    • You can check during the events @@OnWildPokemonCreate, @@OnStartBattle, ... if you are battling a spawned pokemon with the global variable $PokemonGlobal.battlingSpawnedPokemon
    • You can check during the event @@OnWildPokemonCreate if the pokemon is created for spawning on the map or created for a different reason with the Global variable $PokemonGlobal.creatingSpawningPokemon
    • If you want to add a procedure that modifies a pokemon only for spawning but not before battling then you can use the Event @@OnWildPokemonCreateForSpawning.
    ADDITIONAL FEATURES BY ADD-ONS:
    • Aggressive Encounters Add-On
      • introduces aggressive encounters, which are pokemon that chase the player after spawning
      • aggressive encounters may only start to chase if the player comes them to close
      • set the move speed, move frequency and move type of aggressive pokemon
      • aggressive ecounters are restricted to player movements
      • add animations to aggressive encounters. See Additional Animations -Add On and TrankerGolD's animations for aggressive encounters
        at https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10395100&postcount=383 to include spawning animations in your game
    • Additional Animations Add-On
      • manage different appear animations of overworld spawning encounters depending on encounter type and pokemon properties
      • Play animations while PokeEvent is visible on screen, such as a shiny animation
      • See also Animation Resource by TrankerGolD for aggressive encounters, water encounters, and shiny encounters https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10395100&postcount=383
        Spoiler:

• Different Spawn And Normal Encounters (like in Pokemon Sword/Shield) Add-On
      • Introduces Overworld Encounter Types you can set in your encounters.txt PBS-file.
      • This allows you to define different encounters for overworld spawning and instant battling on the same map.
    • Max Spawn Add-On
      • Define a maximal limit of spawned pokemon on the overworld at the same time.
      • After reaching that limit MAX_SPAWN no pokemon will spawn until another pokemon despawned.
    • Additional Despawn Methods Add-On
      • Choose to remove PokeEvent distanced on screen from the player with REMOVE_DISTANCED
      • The distance (steps) is edited in DISTANCE_VANISH and DISTANCE_VANISH_SHINY
      • Remove by time chronometer with REMOVE_PROLONGED
      • Use your own overworld spawn chance in VISIBLE_ENCOUNTER_PROBABILITY
    • Own Minimum Spawn Chance
      • The Spawn probability of the first encounter and later ones are similar.
      • Spawning does not interact with the encounter chance for normal encounters.
      • Increase the average spawning time of pokemon by setting MAX_ENCOUNTER_REDUCED larger than zero in the settings section of this script
    • Fixed Spawn Probability Add-On
      • Define your own overworld spawn chance in Percentage
      • Spawn chance becomes independent from the default PEv19.1 encounter chance calculator
    • Variable Spawn/Normal Encounter Proportion During Game Add-On
      • You can change the percentage between overworld spawning and normal encounters in story driven events during playthrough
      • in Percentage, from only normal encounters to only spawning encounters
    • Automatic Spawning Add-On
      • Choose whether pokemon spawn automatically or only while moving the player
      • Set the speed of automatic spawning
    • Randomized Spawning Add-On
      • It will randomize overworld encounters
    • Ditto Transform Add-On
      • Like in Pokemon Go, transformable Pokemon such as Ditto get the overworld appearence of different species
      • Choose in settings if completely random, set by a list of candidates or set by the map encounters
    • Remove Poke Events on load/save/transfer Add-On
      • Remove overworld encounters on load/save and on map transfer
    • Overworld Lavender Town Ghosts Add-On
      • Shows ghost sprite for overworld encounters
      • requires Lavender Town Ghosts Plugin
      • You need to put a graphic, named "ghost.png", in your "/Graphics/Characters/" folder of your project. This graphic is not provided here, but maybe you can easily find some resource, for example search for "shiny missingNo [Ghost Form]".

INSTALLATION
    Installation as simple as it can be.
    1. Add Graphics: Either get the resources from Gen 8 Project (broken link removed)
      and install the "Graphics/Characters" folder in your game file system.
      Or you see in the following spoiler section
      Spoiler:

2. Add Script: Follow this link https://github.com/VisibleOverworldWildEncounters/Visible-Overworld-Wild-Encounters and copy the folder "Visible Overworld Wild Encounters - Script" to your "/plugins/" folder.
    3. Change Settings: Open the script file in the folder and change the parameters in the settings section therein as you like. Details descriptions about the parameters can be found there as well.
    4. Install Add-Ons (the other folders): There are a lot of Add-Ons and parameter settings for your personal optimal solution. So, Copy Add-Ons in your "/plugins/" folder and edit parameters in settings of that Add-Ons to your liking. Some Add-On and parameter combinations can produce lag, e.g. a high spawning rate without a spawning cap, or e.g. "NO_OF_CHOSEN_TILES=0" (or too high) when having other scripts like Pokemon Following.
    5. If you use any other script that triggers on change of direction of the player, then either
      • these scripts have to be loaded after this visible overworld wild encounter script, or
      • you have to use the bug fix for OnChangeDirection (See below).
    6. Enjoy!

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE VISIBLE OVERWORLD WILD ENCOUNTER SCRIPT AND ADD-ONS
    https://github.com/VisibleOverworldWildEncounters/Visible-Overworld-Wild-Encounters

THE BUG FIX FOR ONCHANGEDIRECTION
    Spoiler:

MODIFICATIONS OF THIS SCRIPT
    • How to add your own new custom overworld encounter types (such as "desert")
      Spoiler:
    • instructions on how to make your own Add-On or to modify an already existing script to make it work with the visible overworld wild encounter script. This includes modifying a pokemon on spawning but not on battling again, by using the events OnStartBattle, OnWildPokemonCreate and OnWildPokemonCreateForSpawning
      Spoiler:

OUTDATED ADD-ONS AND MODIFICATIONS OF THIS SCRIPT
    In the post https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429019 you will find add-ons and modifications of this script for PEv18
    Moreover, there are various modifications of this script for PEv17.2. under https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10202528#post10202528
    Probably these add-ons and modifications are not completely compatible to PEv19.1 and there are some bugs due to the update to PEv19.1. But feel free to test it with PEv19.1 and feel free to post your bugs.
    The list of outdated add-ons and modifications include

CHANGELOG
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • brilliant Pokemon appear in overworld with gold Waves animation how can I do this? Iam using generation 8 project in Pokemon essentials v19.1
    EDIT: Updated instructions for PEv20.
    Now, it is easy to add gold waves animation to brilliant pokemon, as you asked for.
    How To:
    1. Install the newest version of the Visible Overworld Encounters Script. It is a plugin now. Link: https://github.com/VisibleOverworldWildEncounters/V20
    2. Install "Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On". It is a plugin now. Link: https://github.com/VisibleOverworldWildEncounters/V20
    3. Make sure you have your gold waves animation in your database. And keep in mind which id it has in the database. In the following, the id is 11.
    4. Make sure that all your pokemon have the property brilliant, which is true if and only if the pokemon is actually brilliant.
    5. If you want that the animation will be played ones while the brilliant pokemon spawns, then replace the code
      Code:
        ENC_SPAWN_ANIMATIONS = [     # default
          [:shiny?, true, 8],        # [:shiny?, true, 8],     -  means if pokemon is shiny then use animation with id 8
          [:pokerusStage, 1, 8],      # [:pokerusStage, 1, 11]  -  means if pokemon is infected then use animation with id 11
          [:aggressive, true, 7]     # [:aggressive?, true, 11]  -  means if pokemon is aggressive encounter then use animation with id 11
        ]
      in 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb by
      Code:
        ENC_SPAWN_ANIMATIONS = [     # default
          [:shiny?, true, 8],        # [:shiny?, true, 8],     -  means if pokemon is shiny then use animation with id 8
          [:pokerusStage, 1, 8],      # [:pokerusStage, 1, 11]  -  means if pokemon is infected then use animation with id 11
          [:aggressive, true, 7],     # [:aggressive?, true, 11]  -  means if pokemon is aggressive encounter then use animation with id 11
          [:brilliant, true, 11]
        ]
      where 11 is the id of the gold wave animation in your database. Please change the number 11 to the correct id in the code snippet above if your database id is not 11.
    6. If you want that the animation will be played permanently, then replace the code
      Code:
        PERMA_ENC_ANIMATIONS = [  # default
          [:shiny?, true, 7],     # [:shiny?, true, 7],  -  means if pokemon is shiny then permanently play animation with id 7 from database
        ]
      in 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb by
      Code:
        PERMA_ENC_ANIMATIONS = [  # default
          [:shiny?, true, 7],     # [:shiny?, true, 7],  -  means if pokemon is shiny then permanently play animation with id 7 from database
          [:brilliant, true, 11]
        ]
      where 11 is the id of the gold wave animation in your database. Please change the number 11 to the correct id in the code snippet above if your database id is not 11.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Got an error while setting up Roaming Pokémon, are there any solutions to this or are Roaming Pokémon still in the works? Every other encounter still works so I didn't nuke the script by accident
    Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Thank you for reporting the bug.
    The bug is corrected now, and the visible overworld wild encounters script has been updated to version 19.1.0.1. It is redesigned as a plugin now.

Please update your script version.

Years
  • I need a help for Lavender Ghost overworld encounter...
    I have installed Lavender Ghost and working. But I have problem with overworld for ghost encounter on wild pokemon encounter...
    Thank you^^

Edit: Updated instructions for PEv20.

I tested Lavender Town Ghosts by myself. And I did not have any real problems. (During a battle with a spawned pokemon, you will see the lavender town ghost sprite when you are on a GHOSTMAP.) The only thing I noticed is that the overworld pokemon have always there correct sprites on the overworld. So that might be the problem. The overworld sprites should also be ghost sprites, right?

If so, then I will tell you here how you can do that.
    1. Update your visible overworld wild encounters script to the newest version
    2. Check for updates for the Lavender Town Ghosts Plugin
    3. Install the plugin "Overworld Lavender Town Ghosts" Link: https://github.com/VisibleOverworldWildEncounters/V20
    4. [optional] Install more Add-Ons for the Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Script, all you like.
    5. Get or create an overworld sprite for your overworld ghost encounter. This plugin will not provide a sprite but maybe you find can easily find some resource, for example search for "shiny missingNo [Ghost Form]".
    6. Name that graphic "ghost.png" and place it in your "/Graphics/Characters/" folder of your project.
    7. Enjoy

Last edited:
    Back