• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Thanks so much for the reply! I took a look at the animations I have and I don't even have the aggressive animation. So instead I tried to change the 7 to a 3 since 3 is an exclamation bubble, but now it shows nothing when a Pokémon comes after the player. Still testing to see if anything else works..

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Update: got it to work, I just was not coming close enough. Thanks again for helping me 👍

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Is there a way to make certain species non aggressive? For example, I have Metapod and Kakuna set to never move when they spawn, but they will still move if they happen to be aggressive.

Years
  • Is there a way to make certain species non aggressive? For example, I have Metapod and Kakuna set to never move when they spawn, but they will still move if they happen to be aggressive.

I updated the aggressive encounters add-on. Now, it has an new parameter "ENC_EXCEPTIONS" in the settings section of the script, where you can add all the pokemon, that should never be aggressive. I haven't tested it. So let me know if it works. (Also make sure to transfer all your other changes in settings in the new version).

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Just tried it, but I got an error the moment the game tried to spawn a pokemon:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NameError
    Message: uninitialized constant VisibleEncounterSettings::ENC_EXCEPTIONS

Backtrace:
    [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_aggressive_encounters.rb:118:in `aggressive?'
    [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_aggressive_encounters.rb:146:in `block in <main>'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
    036:Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:382:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Max Spawn - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add On] 004_add_on_max_spawn.rb:30:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Automatic Spawning - Overworld Encounters Add On] add_on_automatic_spawning.rb:45:in `block in <main>'

Years
  • Just tried it, but I got an error the moment the game tried to spawn a pokemon:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Message: uninitialized constant VisibleEncounterSettings::ENC_EXCEPTIONS

Backtrace:
    [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_aggressive_encounters.rb:118:in `aggressive?'
    [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_aggressive_encounters.rb:146:in `block in <main>'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
    036:Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:382:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Max Spawn - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add On] 004_add_on_max_spawn.rb:30:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Automatic Spawning - Overworld Encounters Add On] add_on_automatic_spawning.rb:45:in `block in <main>'

I removed that error. Please reinstall the aggressive encounters add-on from github. I think it works now. But let me know, since I haven't tested it.

The parameter is called "AGG_EXCEPTIONS" and not "ENC_EXCEPTIONS".

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Thanks so much for fixing the error, works great now. At first a Metapod still followed the player, but I realized I had to turn the naughty nature follow feature off. Now it works perfectly.

Years
  • I still confuse how to set up Ditto encounters...

1) Add the Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Plugin to your project.
    2) Add the Ditto Transform Add-On to your project.
    3) Set Ditto as an encounter on some map. Ditto will automatically have the appearance of some wild encounter on the map. If you want to modify the appearance of Ditto then do the following:
    4) Open the file 001_add_on_ditto_transform.rb in your plugins folder and find the line
    Code:
      TRANSFORMS = [                      # default
        [:DITTO],                         # means - Ditto will have any overworld appearence of encounters of the map where you are
        [:MEW, nil],                      #       - Mew will have overworld appearence of any random species
        [:SMEARGLE, :BULBASAUR, :PIDGEY]  #       - Smeargle will have the overworld sprite of one of the following pokemon, i.e. bulbasaur and pidgey.
    and remove lines, add species names or do whatever your like. How it works, is written right below.
    Code:
      # This parameter is used to change the overworld appearence of pokemon such as ditto.
      # The data is stored as an array of arrays. You can add your own arrays or change/remove the existing.
      # The first entry  - is the species that transforms its overworld appearence.
      # No more entries  - means the species have any overworld appearence of encounters of the map where the player is.
      # nil              - means the species will have overworld appearence of any random species.
      # species names    - means the species will have random overworld appearence of one of that following species.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So Ditto Encounter will only appear on all maps if I enter a pokemon species in the transform setting?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I require help, when I was compiling my game I encountered this.
    When I look at the file, the line its talking about is already just 'end', so I don't know why its freaking out.

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Error in Plugin: [Ditto Transform - Overworld Encounters Add On]
    Exception: SyntaxError
    Message: [Ditto Transform - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_ditto_transform.rb:59: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting `end'

Backtrace:
    008:PluginManager:653:in `eval'
    008:PluginManager:653:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
    008:PluginManager:643:in `each'
    008:PluginManager:643:in `block in runPlugins'
    008:PluginManager:634:in `each'
    008:PluginManager:634:in `runPlugins'
    386:Main:28:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    386:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
    014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
    386:Main:18:in `mainFunction'

Years
  • I require help, when I was compiling my game I encountered this.
    When I look at the file, the line its talking about is already just 'end', so I don't know why its freaking out.

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Error in Plugin: [Ditto Transform - Overworld Encounters Add On]
    Exception: SyntaxError
    Message: [Ditto Transform - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_ditto_transform.rb:59: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting `end'

Backtrace:
    386:Main:18:in `mainFunction'

Hmm, I also don't know why this error message occures. Playtesting in the level editor works for me. Have you deleted some code? Or mayby Hotfix 1.0.5 is the problem?
    Please try to reinstall Ditto Transform and the newest version of Pokemon Essentials. Do you use other plugins such as Pokemon deluxe or plugins that may overwrite the original pokemon essentials plugin manager? You could also try to return to Hotfix 1.0.1 or so to check if it works there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    nvm, I just managed to fix it by just pressing enter and making a line of nothing under end, computers are weird sometimes.
    Thanks

I did run into another problem after tho... I have no idea what to do

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Error in Plugin: [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On]
    Message: uninitialized constant VisibleEncounterSettings::Enc_Spawn_Animations

Backtrace:
    [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_aggressive_encounters.rb:86:in `<main>'

Last edited:
    Years
  • nvm, I just managed to fix it by just pressing enter and making a line of nothing under end, computers are weird sometimes.
    Thanks

I did run into another problem after tho... I have no idea what to do

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Error in Plugin: [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On]
    Message: uninitialized constant VisibleEncounterSettings::Enc_Spawn_Animations

Backtrace:
    [Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On] 001_add_on_aggressive_encounters.rb:86:in `<main>'

Thank you for reporting the bug. I updated the aggressive encounters add-on. Please copy the newest version from github to your plugins folder.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    this happened after i added mod

2022-10-17 17:34:35 -0400]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Message: uninitialized constant TilemapRenderer::AutotileBitmaps::AutotileExpander

Backtrace:
    075:TilemapRenderer:153:in `add'
    075:TilemapRenderer:332:in `add_autotile'
    066:Spriteset_Map:51:in `block in initialize'
    066:Spriteset_Map:51:in `each'
    066:Spriteset_Map:51:in `initialize'
    067:Sprite_AnimationSprite:50:in `initialize'
    068:Sprite_DynamicShadows:197:in `initialize'
    032:Scene_Map:23:in `new'
    032:Scene_Map:23:in `block in createSpritesets'
    032:Scene_Map:22:in `each'

Years
  • this happened after i added mod

2022-10-17 17:34:35 -0400]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Message: uninitialized constant TilemapRenderer::AutotileBitmaps::AutotileExpander

Backtrace:
    075:TilemapRenderer:153:in `add'
    075:TilemapRenderer:332:in `add_autotile'
    066:Spriteset_Map:51:in `block in initialize'
    066:Spriteset_Map:51:in `each'
    066:Spriteset_Map:51:in `initialize'
    067:Sprite_AnimationSprite:50:in `initialize'
    068:Sprite_DynamicShadows:197:in `initialize'
    032:Scene_Map:23:in `new'
    032:Scene_Map:23:in `block in createSpritesets'
    032:Scene_Map:22:in `each'

I don't know what you have done here but your error message has nothing to do with the Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Plugin.
    I recommand to check your other mods. If you can't find the error in your mods directly, then I recommand to reinstall your Pokemon Essentials Version and test your vanilla Pokemon Essentials 20 Version without any mods. If the error remains then you should report your bug in the official Pokemon Essentials 20 Thread. If the error is gone then you can include your mods one by one and test each of them seperately. The mod that causes the error at first is the one you are searching for.

Back