• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I reeeeeaaaaally don't think we'll be able to go to any other region in Black and White. However, I can see them making another game set in Hoenn- not necessarily a remake, just another game.

Hoenn gets a bad rap because it was a transitional game, that moved away from the original kanto/johto thing. it added a bunch of new stuff to the pokemon world, and served as a stepping stone for the new generation of wireless connectifity and stuff, and it took the hit from the fans. i personally liked hoenn too, and id be glad to see a remake

Also, with the time capsule thing in B&W, i dont think headed to an old region is gonna happen

I'd have to agree. Hoenn itself I loved-- the towns/cities/areas were pretty cool, and I loved the Pokemon. The actual games, though, I didn't like that much (Although Emerald was pretty good).

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    I personally love Hoenn and I hope they get a remake, I can see them doing the new Isshu region with Sinnoh like they did with Kanto/Johto like they did in Gold and Silver

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Having a airport doesn't mean traveling to other regions. Maybe it goes to event places? And I want R/S remake. Hoenn is my favourite region.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    R/S/E Remake would be nice. I enjoyed the games- tied with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as my 'least' favorite of the series, but still very good.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'd rather them just focus on the Isshu region, making it the best region ever than adding previous places to it. I'm getting tired of the idea really. Maybe in the end all game we can have the opportunity to travel to EVERY region but lets save that for twenty years from now.

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
    You're probably going to hop on a plane somewhere. Hey, why not, it's the 21st century~ :P

On the RSE discussion, I actually loved RSE, which is funny because any of my friends will tell you I'm the first to hate on DP. Kanto & Johto still win it all for me, though. :D

Years
    Just because there is a plane doesn't mean that you can travel to other regions necessarily. It just means that you will be able to travel somewhere. Maybe a battle frontier? Idk but I know its not hoenn. There saving it for the remakes.

As for Hoenn I actually enjoyed it. But yes, there was TO MUCH WATER 0.o
    but I would love to see a remake of them.

RaichuPwnsPikachu

Master Of Electric
    Years
    i dont think they should make it hoenn or any region cause hoenn is probably gonna have a remake in like 2 years and thats not that long and they cant use sinnoh cause thats a new region and they already used kanto and johto so maybe next gen it can be like G/S/C but instead you go to sinnoh or hoenn and before you do sinnoh or hoenn it has to be a new region

Years
    RSE were surpassed by all generations in terms of sales. The majority of Pokemon fans hate the region of Hoenn. Why would they make a remake of a region that the majority of their fans disliked? WAY TOO MUCH WATER. I am okay with the pokemon but the layout of the region ticked me off.

HG/SS made a lot of money because the 2nd generation is the majority's favorite.
    You realize that RSE are to thank for DP's sales? Believe it or not, many people were introduced with RSE, not RBY like you and me. They didn't have the two previous gens to get nostalgic about. They didn't expect to travel back to a region they didn't even know about.

It'd be cool if BW took place before RSE and we got to ride on the Abandoned Ship during its glory days.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Because RSE wouldn't go to Kanto, all the old school guys get POed about it.

Why does so many people hate Hoenn? It's easily my favorite region.

Nah. All of the people I talked to said they hate Hoenn because of the over abundance of water routes.

Hoenn gets a bad rap because it was a transitional game, that moved away from the original kanto/johto thing. it added a bunch of new stuff to the pokemon world, and served as a stepping stone for the new generation of wireless connectifity and stuff, and it took the hit from the fans. i personally liked hoenn too, and id be glad to see a remake

Also, with the time capsule thing in B&W, i dont think headed to an old region is gonna happen

That isn't entirely true. I liked the plot and pokemon of Hoenn but I absolutely hated all of the water routes. It wasn't because of my love for Johto and Kanto, because I am not too fond of Kanto at all.

Hoenn just had way too much water and it looks like Isshu will barely have any water routes, which makes me happy.

I'd rather them just focus on the Isshu region, making it the best region ever than adding previous places to it. I'm getting tired of the idea really. Maybe in the end all game we can have the opportunity to travel to EVERY region but lets save that for twenty years from now.

That'll never be possible unless you want the 8th gym leader in your starting region to be lvl 20

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I've also decided that I would love for an Orange Island thing to happen again, or perhaps a battle frontier ... that would be lovely, imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...The person didn't freak out o_o

But yes, Orange Islands <3 Just sadly won't be happening.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hoenn is by far my favorite region. I'm not sure why,maybe because of it being so big and all that,but it is by far my fav region.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    Highly doubt it, I mean like, only G/S/C/HG/SS did with Kanto... But... I think it should be Kanto to visit if there is possibility... Why? Because Kanto is like in, every generation. And it's most likely that R/S/E are going to be remade, not FR/LG, so might as well put Kanto in there so Kanto will be in every generation. :P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    What I don't under stand is this. After Johto,that is when huge amounts of people stopped liking pokemon,but now Hoenn looks like is the most favorite over the rests.

I'm pretty sure we will have re makes of Hoenn next year or year after.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I misread his post. Sheesh. No need to freakout on me.

I really don't want to flame, or spam, but I just need to make this clear;

First of all, I did not freakout on you. I was asking you to present a more mature outlook on others opinions. It's one of my pet peeves; if someone doesn't acknowledge that everyone has a right to their own opinion, it irks me.

Second of all, I believe I misread your post. I didn't see the first thing you quoted, so I apologize, but I've seen you mistreat another opinion before so I didn't want anything started. Sorry.

...The person didn't freak out o_o

But yes, Orange Islands <3 Just sadly won't be happening.
    I agree. The Orange Island concept was so much fun ... I loved it. I'm trying to remove the thought from my head that it wont be coming back ...

If there's ever going to be universal feature in which you can travel to every region, I'll be in Hoenn. Let's hope the developers will consider it.

Personally, I would love this. But Game Freak would never, ever do this, mainly because it draws away too much from the initial story and, trust me, once you play it, it will feel like the game just keeps dragging on, and on and on. It's not a good thing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It would be really great if that happened, preferably after Nintendo stops making new regions though :D So it'll be like a world challenge kinda thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back