• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VIVAA'S CAPS LOCK FILLED HOMEROOM

Renyui!

ascender
Years
  • HAI GAIZ.
    Welcome to my homeroom, students.
    My kinda style/Introduction
    Well, before i go on a never ending rant, I'd like to tell you about my graphics style. I personally love the smudge tool. I have a lot of smudge settings. But this is me. Dont follow me, or you'll.. go on endless slumps. Like me! [/offtopic]
    I use textures a lot, i dont use too much c4d's, I like to take on various styles, but i'm still refining my vector/pen-tooling skills.Thats one thing i think you guys should learn. Take on challenges, no matter what the difficulty is. Think outside the square.

Ok, Now onto you guys.

Student List.
    I'd like to say welcome to my newest students;
    -.noxious
    -TwilightBlade
    -Gummy
    -Dukey
    -Mukkamoto

I know you guys (except you, TwilightBlade. Though I saw your examples, and I prefered your earlier ones.) and what your styles are like. So, as I said in my intro, I'd like you guys to take on a various list of styles. I wont rant on about that again, you probably get the picture. So, i'd like to get to know most of you guys, not in a teacher-to-student kinda way, but as a friend. And as a friend, i'll help you out in the most ways I can.

Assignment list
    No.1; Introduction to the Homeroom
    You must show me your best banner. Not what you think your best banner is, but what the public/everyone else thinks. Then, tell me, in the most descriptive way you can, what you already know about graphics. Finally, show me what kind of styles/other things that you'd like to pick up. Like using C4D's properly, Depth, etc. Here is the format you must use.

Name:
    Your best Tag:
    What you already know:
    What you would like to know:
    Final Notes:
    Students that have completed this assignment: 5/5

No. 2; Student Collab
    Well, I doubt much of you have ever done one of these before. Thats why it's being assigned with you.

A Collab, or Collaboration, is where one of you starts off making a tag. Once you think you've done all you can do, you give it to the person you're collabing with. They finish it off, and you have a collab tag.

You have been assigned a partner from this homeroom. They have been randomly selected, so that if you know them, it was by accident. These are the lists.

Team 1; .noxious and Gummy
    Team 2; Dukey and Mukkamoto
    Team 3; TwilightBlade and Vivaa

note: TwilightBlade is only partnered with me because there is no other students. My contribution to the collab does not count whatsoever to this assignment.

Edit: Almost forgot, the 2 of you will decide who goes first.

Due Date: Jan 12. But you may hand it in before that.
    Students that have completed this task: 0/5

NEW: Important Notes
    -You'll want to use a lot of lighting in your tags. This can be done by brushing white where the light source is, and brushing black away from the light source. Then, lower the opacity. There is also a tutorial on this in the Tutorial thread, by Colour me Evil.

-PLEASE ONLY USE BORDERS IF NEEDED!!! They are ugly and cut off all the graphical composition of your tag.

-You'll want to use a lot of depth. There is a tutorial on it in the Tutorial thread.

-Try and use adjustment layers when you can. The Idea of making a graphic is making it stand out. Colour adjustments, etc., help achieve this.

-Text shouldn't be standing out. Unless it is a Typography based sig, you'll want to lower the opacity/put it in a hard to see place so it doesn't distract the focal point.

My final notes.
    Well, here's to a new graphics school. I hope that I can get along with you guys well, I hope that you'll learn from this experiance with me, and, most importantly, that it will be fun.
    Signing out,
    Vivaa.​

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Name: noxious.
    Your best Tag: I haven't had any recent works rated or commented on but this one got some okei doke attention in the Rating Thread.
    corruptioncopy.png

What you already know:
    I have been making banners since about August this year and I have just started using Photoshop for school. A lot of my tags use smudging techniques and C4D's but I am still not too good at either of them. I know how to use filters and gradients and most of the basic stuff and just recently learnt how to use the pen tool..

What you would like to know: I would like to know how to make my banners have more oomph. Special effects, including smudging as an effect not a background, pen tooling perhaps and using C4D's much better is what I need. Basically what makes a banner stand out, look appealing and how to fill those nasty blank spaces with more than just a bit of smudging from the render. And if it is smudging, how to make it look nice! Also maybe a scotch on depth, but not too much.

Final Notes: None... I don't think...

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Name: Gummy

Your best Tag: Best thanks to tut or Best freestyling

What you already know: I pretty much know what every tool, with the exception of the pen, does and how to work it. I know my Filters, Clipping Masks, Textures, Adjustment Layers, Blending Layers, Photo Filters, and Gradient Maps. I'm not so hot with smudging but I have tried it. I know the basics of C4D use but I could get better at it.

What you would like to know: First and foremost, I need to learn how to incorporate text properly in my sigs. However, I also need to learn a little more on C4ds, depth, and maybe flow. I also want to learn how to make my banners not seem so monotone and how fill up empty space in my large banners (as you can see, I usually stick to medium-small banner sizes). Lastly, I want to learn how to make my icons not look like a simple crop of my banner.

Final Notes: I've been a lurker of your gallery ever since it opened and it's really an amazement that I haven't posted yet. If you have Window's Live Messenger, then feel free to add me and send an IM.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Name: Dukey
    Your best Tag: I suppose this =/ ok fine have it your way
    What you already know: Clipping Masks, Basic Smudging, Basic Pentooling, Brushes, Basic-Moderate Light Sources, Cloning, Borders, Moderate use of C4D's.
    What you would like to know: I'll mostly be here to observe what you are helping everyone else with, though if I find something I want to know, I'll say something.
    Final Notes: I'm learning from one of the best here, so I guess I just want to get better.

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • @.noxious
    That is one of your best tags. an I can teach you all of those in good time.
    @Gummy
    You know, even though i like those tags, I actually thought this one was one of your best.
    16m2as4.png

I can teach you all of those too. And thanks for lurking in my gallery, i guess? :P
    You know, I think you should try doing more real people in your tags, Gummy. And noxious, you should try more anime style.

Oh whoops, I didnt see yours there, Dukey. I'll do it now.
    @Dukey
    Those 2 are probably your best tags. And those are teachable.

SCORES SO FAR (It doesnt really matter, as this isnt really a grading thing)
    .noxious: A Nice long explaining, and good choice of tag.
    Gummy: A You helped me understand what you needed help with. Good job.
    Dukey: A- You were a bit vague on your details, but nice choice of tags.
    TwilightBlade: Hasn't completed assignment yet

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I just woke up and I'm already behind in my class aaaaa///

Name: TwilightBlade/TB

Your best Tag: Tiger; when it was my theme, most (from the sig rate thread; never went to the grafix rating thread.. too shy :x) said they loved it. It's a bit plain, but the colors are beautiful. Stock for comparison. I don't really like my pokemon banners, as they're oldddd. Other than the ones I first posted, I don't have much (never had a shop). However, I made this earlier with CME's tut.

What you already know: I've had the program for a while; I just don't finish many projects. I know where most tools are. I'm familiar with the Filters, Blending Layers, Brushes, Adjustment Layers (specifically Selective Color, Gradient Map, Hue/Saturation, and Photo Filter), Vectoring (incomplete project you want to see lol?), Quick Mask, and Pen Tool (outlining/tracing). I just learned how to do clipping masks and curves but I still need practice.

What you would like to know: Levels (no idea?), Smudging (I can apply settings but I'm confused as to where/how to brush as it becomes a mess), Textures (how to use them effectively), C4Ds (placement), Text (placement and effects), and adding depth/flow to my work.

Final Notes: I lurk everywhere, and I admire most of the SOTW winning banners. I have MSN too, so add me if you want. I'm usually invisible, so just a warning.

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • @TwilightBlade
    Those 2 are nice tags. And Levels isnt really use by anyone, lol. You're teachable, too. :D
    Scores.
    TwilightBlade: A Nice explanation, and your stic comparing is nice.

I'll start the next assignment now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Name: Mukkamoto

Your best Tag: [Spiderman] - This one is probably my most recognized nd probably other 'favourites' out of all my crappy work.

What you already know:
    What you would like to know:
    • I want to learn how to use 'Smudging' effectively
    • I want to learn to use the Pen Tool
    • Learn to use, and place, C4Ds effectivly
    • Placing Text in the correct place
    • Using borders
    • How to add Depth correctly, and not abuse or over use it

Final Notes:
    • The quality of my work depends on how botherd i can be =P
    • I am hardworking, always finding ways to improve
    • I am not always in the mood to do graphics, since i am a lazy person =P

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • @Mukkamoto
    That was a really well done entry. And the Spiderman tag is on of your best, i agree.

Scores
    TwilightBlade: A Nice explanation, and your stock comparing is nice.
    Mukkamoto: A Nice explaining and good spidey tag.

NEW ASSIGNMENT IS UP.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • team 1 rulez!

Just giving a progress report here. Me and noxious. are going smoothly with our banner and we decided to try a style that we're both new to.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Okay, Mukkamoto & I have contacted each other, he's starting it off, I'll do some more, maybe finish it, then if anything need be added from there it shall be done =]

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Just so everyone knows, I'm now paired up with Kayashi (a new student who has yet to post D:). I've done my part, so we should be almost done too. :]

We don't need our names on the tag, right?

Reactions: .

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • OKAY IMMA POSTIN HERE SHEESH.

29y5mgy.png

taaadaaa.

Now there's our finished product. :D We worked our booties off for this. We put our blood, sweat, and tears into that... and some fruit punch. \o/

K, TB told me to write that.

I EXPECT HONOR ROLL VIVAA. -shot-

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Hey Panda, your link is broken ;D

I don't think you'll be learning how to make borders here

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Just so you know Panda, the link doesn't work, it has an IMG code in it, well actually, that is all the link is...

Back