• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vixichi's Sprites & Pixel Art

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Not much to say, here's where I'll store all my sprites, pixels, and other such things. Right now, almost everything here is just as examples of what I can do. Please do not use anything here without asking -- the majority of these are private-use requests from another forum I go to.

Sprites/Edits:

The first two (Rui and Rukia) are public use with credit.

---

Pixel Art/Baseless

All private use.

---

Resources: PokemonElite2000

---

Yup, not putting a whole lot up right now.
    Feel free to give critique, suggestions, or even ideas of what to do next. :3

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Hm, I've got a few little new things, so I guess I'll go ahead and post them. After much pain and effort, I has more Colosseum sprites!.* I was almost done with Wes and then Adobe bugged out. I stupidly hadn't save within the past hour and lost almost all the detail in his coat and pants. Gah. Anywho:

Wes:

Wes & Rui:

- Rui's got her jacket now. |D

*Srsly. My fingers are almost to the point of bleeding right now thanks to the old trackpoint on my laptop. O_o;

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years
    I very much like your Rui sprites. Is she from a game or is she something you designed yourself? Either way, you did a really nice job on her sprites. I also really like the shark and platypuss. Great use of shading on both to show muscle structure. Keep up the great work and I hope you post more!

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Thanks so much! <3 Rui is your partner in Pokemon Colosseum, which is where Wes is from, as well. It's just too fun a game to not get some fan sprites. :cough:

I'm glad you think the animals look nice -- They're fun to do, but I haven't done any in a while. I'm working on Gin Ichimaru (Bleach) for a friend right now. Thanks for the comments, again. <3

---

and

- Gin's all for free hugs! He'll stab you in the face, but he'll hug you first! : D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2007
    your animal sprites are awesome, I especially like the raccoon and shark. I hope you make some more of them :D

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Thanks! I've considered making new animals,but I'm not sure what I'd do. Any ideas? ^^;

---

Itty bitty update. I haven't finish Gin or anything Pokemon related. I tried this afternoon, but for some reason I was compelled to make this little picture of a kitchen.

- I want this kitchen, only my walls would be more yellow and the coffee pot would be full pink lemonade. And, there's a stove...somewhere. I just didn't want to make it.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Updates! Skim the rest of the posts, too, I edited in two sprites of Gin.

My first overshade:

- It's also a revamp of the Silver version of Flareon.

This stuff is a little older and are examples only, but I thought my topic still felt a little empty.

- These are really fun to do. Even if I get a little lazy on them. |D

- I use requests from my friends as an excuse to practice cramming in details and all the different techniques. (I think the twins look a little odd, but she liked them, so it worked out.)

---

Any comm./crit.? I want to get a lot better. :3
    Gonna make a graphics topic, too, so check it out some time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    hey! ^^ i really love your animals, racoon is my favorite, its so cute! just some tips, lines shoudl be one thick, all the way around, so like, it doesnt overlap, it goes diagonal? am i making sense? i hopes you understand, beacuse other than that your spites are just amazing!
    your kitchen is so cute! mebbe one day youll come back and add that stove :3 just the concept of it makes me smile, its very cute and cosy! <3
    all those overshades are nice, the flareon looks so natural<3 all the little experimenta you did all worked brilliantly, the twins do look a ittle odd, im guessing its coz the contrast of the colours is so hihg, and it looks like an overshade? *has never done overshades, still living in three gen rules for spriting=is like a cavewumman to you, yeah*
    the little kiddies in costumes? now they are the living form of 'kawaii' well if they were real kids... ~ but yeah, honestly, they looks great, i can hardly find any faults (even nit picky ones!) in any of your works, its all so nice and well done~ hope to see more soon! *mega tumbs up yeaaaah 8D*

Years
    Ooh, I love the Zebra edit, the texturing makes the stripes look so natural and fitting. The Zedonk's fur looks a little odd, maybe it's just the way it's over shaded. It's still good though. The over shading on the twins on the other hand is very effective and makes the clothing look natural, especially on the purple twin.

I would suggest not using a black outline all over though like you've done with some sprites (eg. Revamp/Over shade Flareon), but that's just my opinion. I personally prefer coloured outlines except in the very dark spots.

So anyway, keep up this amazing work. Looking forward to seeing some more in the future. ^_^

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Aviator Maz: Thanks so much! <33 That racoon is actually a Whooper...I forget which version. Those were some helpful tips, I'll be sure to try some out soon. The orange twin make look odd because I actually cheated a little on it. Instead of redoing the entire thing, I went into Adobe, made an orange layer, set it to "hue" or something, then just touched tiny little bit up. |D Again, thanks muchly!

Firebird: Ooh, thank you very much! I'm actually SUPER happy you like the Zebra, since I redid the stripes a million times before I was happy with them. The "Zedonk" is actually an odd jungle animal called an Okapi, but thanks for the crit. <3 The black-line tip is actually super helpful and I tried it on my newest overshade below. Again, thanks so much! <33

---

- ...Now that I've uploaded it, I see a few things I might want to redo later on, but I'm pretty happy with this.

- BLAST FROM THE PAST. This is over a year old, but I don't think it's /horrible/, so I'm putting it up.

- I ripped the head of the old one because I was lazy, but this one is only about three-four months old. It's one of my first sprites from when I started getting back into spriting, so you can see where I slacked off.

- Quicky recolour and new head request for a friend. This is about two months old, but I don't think it's all that bad. Very basic, yes, but whatever. |D

- More Past-Blasts, this one is over a year old. I wanted to do something unique, so I made some Tokyo Mew Mew battle sprites. I think this is the only one that survived.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Cooley: Thanks very much!

Ha ha, I've been busy with work and school, so only two for now.

- I think Vaporeon looks better than Eevee...

That completes the primary Eeveelutions in my Silver-Overshade-Revamp. I will finish Espeon and Umbreon, then find something else to revamp, most likely.

Current Set (4/6):

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    your right Vaproen does look better than Eevee :P

they are really great I'm looking forward into seeing Umbreon and Espeon. Also I'll like to see Devamps from you as well

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2008
    Is it just me, or did you use two rapidash sprites to do the Zebra and the Okapi?

Rayl

Moonlight Trainer
    Years
    I like your wes sprites Vixichi :]
    will i be able to use them in a sprite comic I'm making?? (will require modifying him for movements and expressions) I'll give credit of course.
    If I finish it, I'll show you the end result before I post it online? :]
    if not it's okay :]

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years

I wanted to include both Espeon and Umbreon, but I haven't had time to finish the later, so I've only got one sprite to add, but I wanted to reply to everyone. :3

---

Queen Boo - I'm not crazy then! I love overshades/revamps, but I've not thought about devamps. I might have to try that -- that's for the suggestion! <3

King Flygon - Well, one is technically a Ponya, but yes. :3 I can't draw horses on the computer very well, so I used them as bases. That's why those animals don't get to play with the ones I made from scratch. The racoon is actually a Whooper. I forget what version any of them are from, however. Very astute!

Rayl - Thank you! You say "he" and none of my private-requested sprites are guys, so I think it should be okay. A good number of the girls and all of the animals I have done are private use, but ask and I'll let you know what can/can't be use. :3 Just give me credit and let me see it when it's done, okay? Again, thanks much! And, I'm curious now, too; which ones are you interested in?

Rayl

Moonlight Trainer
    Years
    Mainly wes, but I do wanna use those kid pokefan ones you made (i especially like the minun one)
    I dunno yet i'll see how my storyline goes :]
    (it might be an animation instead of a comic, depends on how my flash projects go too)

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Rayl: Sounds neat! Be sure to keep me posted. And, sure, you can use Wes. (Rui, too, if you'd like.) The kid PokeFans are almost all requests, but if I change the hair a little, I don't think it really matters. I'll PM you all of them with new hair later this week. (Any specific colour you'd like?)

---

No Umbreon because I've forgotten this past week, but I do have new things for you all, including a good number of scratch pixel art.

- In remembrance of 9/11.

- A gift for a very good friend of mine. Display purposes only!

---

WolfGirl: I finished some of the recolours. Not sure if Ghastly is blue enough or if Ariados is /too/ dark, but let me know what you think. =D

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Double post, but the new stuff is pretty good.

- Except for this, which I think is my ugliest recolour of the set. Dark colours/black is so hard to work with, IMO. =/

- My friend, Abbey, in her homecoming dress.

-- Scratch Work --

- My AIM icon, based on a random dare by a friend. I hate how the stars are so uniform, but I like the background and moon well enough.

- The star of Thoroughly Modern Millie, Millie! Made for my friend, who is playing her.

- In remembrance of an amazing young woman who tragically had her life cut short this past week. Dark red roses represent mourning, but may her soul rest in peace.

I think the rose is my best work, yet, but I would appreciate no one taking it. Thank you.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Thanks so much! <3 Rui is your partner in Pokemon Colosseum, which is where Wes is from, as well. It's just too fun a game to not get some fan sprites. :cough:

I'm glad you think the animals look nice -- They're fun to do, but I haven't done any in a while. I'm working on Gin Ichimaru (Bleach) for a friend right now. Thanks for the comments, again. <3

---

and

- Gin's all for free hugs! He'll stab you in the face, but he'll hug you first! : D

omg!! gin is so awesome!! nice sprites, keep em up ^^

Back