• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen vote here

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
    Because Swampert is the obvious choice. Treeko or Torchic dont look better than Mudkip. So like FR and LG most people would pick Charmander.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Because Swampert is the obvious choice. Treeko or Torchic dont look better than Mudkip. So like FR and LG most people would pick Charmander.

No, Charizard is a powerhouse, although Rock moves can be fatal. It also learns Ghost moves, Dragon, Fire, and Steel. Obvious choice.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'd pick Swampert because of it's awesome type combo. but I chose Torchic at the start. {Torchic=Happiness=Torchi}

Years
    Hmmm... I think Sceptile and Swampert because Blaziken is only good at atk and sp atk, Sceptile is good at Speed, atk, sp atk, sp defense and Swampert is good at every thing except Speed.

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Sceptile is better against the champion.Swampert is consistent in the league.Blaziken is good against a few and bad against a few.So pick your choice.

lightdash

Odd...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Blaziken just sweeps almost everything with its balance of Sp. Atk and Atk. The only time it will have problems is with Drake and Wallace. It's weak to flying attacks, ground, and water so if you can't OHKO the Pokemon, better have back-ups just in case.

Years
    Sceptile:
    Bad against:Glacia, Drake, Steven
    Good Against:Wallace, Steven(Somewhat)

Blaziken:
    Bad against: Phoebe, Glacia, Wallace, Steven, Drake
    Good Against:Sidney, Steven

Swampert:
    Bad against:Drake(If you try to use Earthquake, but Ice Beam is 4x effective on most of Drake's critters.)
    Good Against:Drake(See above), Steven, Glacia and Wallace(To an Extent)

Swampert wins. Plus, it's an awesome tank, but the E4's so patheticly easy that it can win as an attacker. =>

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Humph, Blaziken is SUPERIOR!

I beat the entire game by using Blaziken! ONLY Blaziken. It's too easy, Swampert is ugly and weak, although he has ONE type weakness, and Sceptile, he's just a Grass type. I also like Blaziken's cry.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I beat the entire game by using Blaziken! ONLY Blaziken. It's too easy, Swampert is ugly and weak, although he has ONE type weakness, and Sceptile, he's just a Grass type. I also like Blaziken's cry.

Swampert might be ugly, but weak? I don't think so. Sceptile's typing has nothing to do with how well it can annoy people with subseeding. Ingame opponents suck anyways, including the weak 4.

Ironically, Blaziken is the worst since it has low speed and can't take a hit.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Swampert might be ugly, but weak? I don't think so. Sceptile's typing has nothing to do with how well it can annoy people with subseeding. Ingame opponents suck anyways, including the weak 4.

Ironically, Blaziken is the worst since it has low speed and can't take a hit.

Depends on the fan. Sceptile was weak both in the anime and the games. Fire-types rule! But it does depend on the game. Charizard, Meganium, Blaziken, Empoleon... Yep, it's the game. Everyone has their own decisions, why'd they make this. People just kill each other [AGELIMIT]*punches Golden Arceus, he starts bleeding*[/AGELIMIT] anyway.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Stop saying sceptile is weak when it is in no way, shape, or form weak. Fire types might be cool, but weaknesses to water, rock, and worst of all ground moves weaken them terribly. Who you choose depends on personal preference, but it's been provwen swampert and sceptile see more use and are often far more effective than blaziken.

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
    It depends on the player really. In game, if raised (level wise) high enough most/any Pokemon can tackle the in-game trainers (just gets trickier along the way, the E4 aren't THAT easy... especially if you don't know what you're up against).

Sceptile is cool but not my style, Swampert, though a powerhouse because of its dual type and movepool, it's the easy way and I'm not too fond of it all that much. I went with Blaziken since I liked its design and its stats make it a something of a high gamble glass canon that can rock on many levels if you know what you're doing and I like that play style (it'd be lame to have one overpowering guy wrecking havoc isn't very fun).

That and I have a thing for Pokes who can mix things up (referring to Blaziken's Att and Sp. Att stats)

That's sorta why I don't get Atomic Torkoal's list... Blaziken can fair its own, if not one man Phoebe with Flamethrower in tow with only the Dusclops with EQ probably catching you off guard and either forcing a switch or a heal if your guy isn't strong enough. You can easily have Blaziken dispose of Glacia's two Glalie in a one hit sure kill with that same move leaving your electric type to do the rest.

The other guys I got no argument about.

EDIT: No, I don't like Charizard and don't see Charmander as the ideal choice. (This refers to the talk earlier in the thread)

Back