• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait... this game is free?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • Well sweeties, personally I believe the whole micro-transaction trend is killing the industry. With that being said, it really depends on the F2P game, however most games that are free to play, are really just pay to win. I don't mind TF2 being F2P since the community modellers and map makers do get a share of the profit.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • Most of the F2P games either require a ton of money, or a ton of dedication for you to even stand a chance against the kids with rich moms that buy them anything they want. But if I had to choose one, I'd go with Ragnarok Online or maybe Maple Story.

Years
  • The only F2P I really play is League of Legends, and I'm liking it.

I've spent a few bucks on skins for a few champions, but that's all that I buy with real money. All champions can be bought with money, but they can also be bought with the in-game currency through grinding. I don't mind the grinding, though, because at least I'm getting better and mastering the game through it.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I love F2P some of them are better than paid ones, like TERA, Allods was great, Maplestory (for a bit...), DOTA 2.

And there are the really bad ones like "Wonderking"-a maplestory ripoff....

But most of them are really good.

Terff

the unimportant
    Years
  • Runescape was okay as f2p but I have to say p2p was so much better, but I haven't played RS in ages and I have no clue what is going on anymore and have no desire to relearn the game :I

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • F2P's are the best thing that's ever happened on this planet imo. I have Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, and League of Legends right now, but I want to download more, actually.

Like, if I want to play an MMO that's free, I'll go for it. I'll add it in my collection, because I'm on a budget where I can't use my money to spend on games D:

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Every F2P game I came across to and played for a long period of time either turned into a cash cow/Pay-to-win, completely shut down or deserted with spider webs.

Digimon Masters Online was fun as hell, as long you got enough money to burn on it and the money needed for it to make it enjoyable and doable (in my own experience) required a monthly fee of cash shop items, Evo aura, experience boosts and stuff like that.
    Rusty Hearts was a game with a lot of potential, it had a cash shop but wasn't really needed if you knew what you were doing and ended up being deserted, but had a lot of imbalances and such as well.
    Tales Runner was probably (in my opinion) the most enjoyable F2P game I ever came across to, and you know what fate fun games awaits you - a complete shut down.

I only play League of Legends from time to time, other than that i've completely discarded the F2P community as a whole.

Back