• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*walks in...*

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Well, hey! :) I have recently got back into Pokemon, after a rather long absence due to the "you play Pokemon, you're a geek" stereotype that's not unusual with older teenagers, which is a shame, because Pokemon is one of, if not THE, best handheld series of all time, at least in my opinion.
    But I've figured I really couldn't give a dam what people think and the anime is still decent enough.
    So yeah, I may be one of the older peeps to have joined here? Or perhaps there're a few 17+ guys and gals around here? I wouldn't know, but it seems like there are LOADS of you! This must be one of the busiest forums I've ever been on (and seriously, I'm a mod on a book forum that I considered to be massive, before having a look in here).
    But I think I've blabbed on a bit much! Sorree! :P So I'm from the UK (Scotland, to be exact) and I'm here to enjoy myself, I suppose! :D So... erm... HEY!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Hey! You've come to the right place, there are TONS of older people around here. I'm 20, and I've seen tons of 18s and 21s, even a few 23s. You're in good company.

Welcome aboard! If you need anything, VM/PM me :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Well, hey! :) I have recently got back into Pokemon, after a rather long absence due to the "you play Pokemon, you're a geek" stereotype that's not unusual with older teenagers, which is a shame, because Pokemon is one of, if not THE, best handheld series of all time, at least in my opinion.
    But I've figured I really couldn't give a dam what people think and the anime is still decent enough.
    So yeah, I may be one of the older peeps to have joined here? Or perhaps there're a few 17+ guys and gals around here? I wouldn't know, but it seems like there are LOADS of you! This must be one of the busiest forums I've ever been on (and seriously, I'm a mod on a book forum that I considered to be massive, before having a look in here).
    But I think I've blabbed on a bit much! Sorree! :P So I'm from the UK (Scotland, to be exact) and I'm here to enjoy myself, I suppose! :D So... erm... HEY!

Hey Krackerz! ...I used to keep my interest in Pokémon all hidden, too. And then I started realizing that a good 60% of my friends were actually closet Pokénerds, just like me. And lately I've honestly been caring less and less about what other people think of me and what I think of Pokémon -- in fact, the other day, someone I know (but someone random kinda) came up and started talking to me about Pokémon, just saying that he heard I was pretty into it. It was kinda awesome and I made a closer friend that day. :D

But yes! I totally agree! Pokémon is amazinggg. :( And the animé has really improved, especially with all of the things people were complaining about before. Like Team Rocket is totally bad now, I guess. No more stealing Pikachu all the time! Annnd I'm turning 17 in July, if that helps. x__x;; There are indeed a lot of people here! PC is definitely the biggest and most awesome forum I've ever been to - plus, everyone here is amazing. If you find anyone intriguing at all, honestly, you can probably just jump over to their profile and send them a Visitor Message. Most people here will have the courtesy to respond. There's just an environment here unlike any other. :3

Naw, it's perfectly fine. I blab myself a lot too. XD And please, do enjoy yourself! There's a lot to do and discuss here, and we definitely love new activity. :)

Years
    Welcome fellow older person! i'm 18 so you aren't alone :) There's loads of us! This place is extremely friendly =] Also welcome from Scotland! I lived there for 13 years:) awesome place! :D

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Ah, thanks, guys! :) I can already tell this place is awesome. Good to hear that there are loads of other older Pokemon fans around. Cheers for the awesome welcome!
    Olivia, Scotland is a decent enough place, yeah. Suppose I don't really appreciate it as much, since I've lived here my entire life. XP
    Also, for anyone wondering how my love of Pokemon respawned again, finding Diamond in your DS after a couple of years of sitting in a cupboard can do wonders, I tell ya. :P

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Don't tell me that I'm late here already? ;___; I wanted to get the opportunity to welcome you also! So I'm gonna go ahead and do that anyway. :D;

Welcome to PC, Krackerz! And it's true that you shouldn't care what people think. ♥ Honestly, try to be true to yourself above everything else, and stick to your interests. :D;

And I don't really think you "blabbed" and whatnot. .__.; To me, you have a pretty good introduction post. So with that being said, I welcome you again, and wish you the best of times here, yeah? :D;

Ah, you're not late. :) And if you are, it's fashionably so.

Thanks! That's what I do, to be honest. Be myself and do what I like. :D

And thanks again! I do talk/type rather a lot, when there isn't really a need for it, so apologies to anyone scraping through my posts. XP

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Well, welcome to the forums. lol. There are a lot of older people here for you to interact with, lol. And yeah, pokecommunity is a massive forum, lol. Anywho, i'm 17 in a few days, so i'll probably be joining the 'older teenagers' group you have so nicely narrowed to 17+ members. Anyways, welcome, hope you enjoy your time here.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Well, welcome to the forums. lol. There are a lot of older people here for you to interact with, lol. And yeah, pokecommunity is a massive forum, lol. Anywho, i'm 17 in a few days, so i'll probably be joining the 'older teenagers' group you have so nicely narrowed to 17+ members. Anyways, welcome, hope you enjoy your time here.

Haha, meh, more of a general age range I've decided upon. XP Thanks for the welcome! :D

Years
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

We are all new here lets just take things slow.
    (Starts throwing stuff around)
    Remember this is a Pokemon Form so stay on Topic
    (But i swear ima kill the fool who stole my pop tarts)
    And have fun
    (Derp.)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Hi my Scottish friend. I am only 13. (14 in 2 months) :P
    Hope you enjoy your stay here and age doesn't affect what you like.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Welcome, Krackerz!

As many people have said, there's tons of people college age that go to Pokecommunity. I'll be 21 in January (I don't think I've ever been so excited for a day to come, well, I'm pretty excited for HP7 part 2 to come out too) and I don't think that my love for Pokemon could be greater than it is at this time. I have quite a few friends that I go to college with that I've gotten into Pokemon (my girlfriend included lol.) Gotta spread the craze!

Back