• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Warp Script Issue

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    I'm trying to get this warp to send me to a specific tile on another map and I can get it to send me using just basic X Y coordinates like 0x0 0x0 or 0x1 0x1 but when I try to set the exact tile it is either seemingly way off or giving me black screen.

More details if needed - map I'm trying to get to is the ferry port in Slateport City, in front of it as if you just got off the boat, for example.

What am I not understanding about this warp script? Also tried "warpmuted" before and same results. TIA for any help!

Attachments

• Warp Script Issue
      warp-script.png
      46.1 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    1) Why don't you want to use exact coordinates? Figuring out the exact coordinates of your "tile" and using those is a valid solution, if I'm understanding correctly.

2) Your screenshot is you attempting to not use coordinates? In that case, it's not right. Having that 0xFF parameter in there is exactly what tells the game that you're using basic xy coordinates. If you don't want to do that, get rid of that byte.

This is the other commonly used warp command:
    Code:
    warp 0x[Map Bank] 0x[Map Number] 0x[Warp Number] 0x0 0x0

As you can see, it doesn't use the 0xFF byte. As you can also see, however, it is used to go to warps specifically, not just any tile. Afaik, the only way to go to any tile is to use coordinates.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Problem is though, when I go to change the coordinates part of the script to 0x7 0x10 (assuming that's in front of the boat) I just get black screened. I figure I'm misunderstanding the coordinates, but I'm not sure.

ScripNewbie

Mystc Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2023
    Problem is though, when I go to change the coordinates part of the script to 0x7 0x10 (assuming that's in front of the boat) I just get black screened. I figure I'm misunderstanding the coordinates, but I'm not sure.

Can i see what is your script?

When im writing warp command my script is:

Spoiler:

I use it when working in my hack but i didn't encounter a problem in warp scripting when im using this method.

Ps. Sorry for bad english

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Sure I've attached the script with the exact coordinates I'm trying to use. This gives me black screen.

Attachments

• Warp Script Issue
      IMG_20211215_151857_415~2.jpg
      337.7 KB · Views: 10

ScripNewbie

Mystc Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2023
    Try my suggestion.
    If it didn't work then i will say something that might be the problem

Spoiler:

If all of that is not the problem, then the problem is the map where you want to teleport to.

Last edited:

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Sure I've attached the script with the exact coordinates I'm trying to use. This gives me black screen.

Your coordinates/map is definitely wrong. 0x9 0x9 would mean map 9.9, which is a small map that certainly doesn't have room for a 0x10 y coordinate. Remember that you're working in hexadecimal, not decimal. By 0x7 0x10 you probably actually meant to use 0x7 0xA.

Back