• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water Flow Deck

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Pokemon (24):
    Samurott (B/W 31/114) x2
    Dewott (B/W 29/114) x3
    Oshawott (B/W 27/114) x4
    Blastoise (HG/SS Unleashed) x2
    Wartortle (HG/SS Unleashed) x3
    Squirtle (HG/SS Unleashed) x4
    Feraligatr (Prime) (HG/SS) x1
    Croconaw (HG/SS) x2
    Totodile (HG/SS) x3

Trainers/Supporters (16):
    Pokedex (B/W) x1
    Energy Search (B/W) x3
    Bill (HG/SS) x2
    Energy Retrieval (B/W) x2
    Professor Oaks New Theory (HG/SS) x2
    Cynthia's Feelings (D/P: Legends Awakened) x2
    Professor Juniper (B/W) x2
    Cheerleader's Cheer (HG/SS Unleashed) x1
    Dual Ball (HG/SS Unleashed) x1

Energies (20):
    Water Energy x20

The way this deck works is to set up the three final stages, the only one that doesn't have a multiple of is Feraligatr (Prime) but it still runs really smoothly. I put Feraligatr (Prime) in the deck for the Rain Dance PokePower, Blastoise for the Wash Out PokePower, and Samurott in there for the Pure Power of Surf. Of course all three have amazing battle damage numbers (Blastoise 100, Samurott 80 and Feraligatr (Prime) 60+). There was no way I could add any more Pokemon into this deck without ruining the sheer awesomeness of it. I added Energy Searches in to pull out the energy if I don't end up having any. The basic draw power cards (Cheerleaders Cheer, Bill, Professor Juniper, etc) and Energy Retrievals, just in case. I always seem to have another Pokemon ready just in case one gets knocked out so I didn't bother with HP healing Trainers. Dual Ball is the only Pokemon grabber of the deck. And the Water Energies are pretty obvious.

Years
    Just too many evolutionary lines there, to be honest. Cut out either the Feraligatr family or the Blastoise family and focus on support Pokemon or Supporting Trainers/Supporters like Pokemon Collector and Pokemon Communication. Also, think about using Professor Oak's New Theory instead of either Bill or Professor Juniper.

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Just too many evolutionary lines there, to be honest. Cut out either the Feraligatr family or the Blastoise family and focus on support Pokemon or Supporting Trainers/Supporters like Pokemon Collector and Pokemon Communication. Also, think about using Professor Oak's New Theory instead of either Bill or Professor Juniper.

actually, this is the least amount of evolutionary lines i've ever used to be honest.

Yeah, more Oak's Theory may be better than the Juniper/Bill. I'll probably take out the Bills for more Oak's Theory's

Years
    actually, this is the least amount of evolutionary lines i've ever used to be honest.

Yeah, more Oak's Theory may be better than the Juniper/Bill. I'll probably take out the Bills for more Oak's Theory's

Fine. To put it in how I meant it: you have too many Stage 2 evolutionary lines. This deck's gonna crawl because you will probably be overwhelmed with Pokemon from the families you don't need unless you mix in some Pokemon Collector and Pokemon Communication (mostly the latter in the case of your deck).

Juniper is exactly identical to the original Oak card, which was good for its day, but that mechanic's not efficient enough right now with the cards that are still in the tournament rotation for 2011-2012.

Back