• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water Starters

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    I'm making a hack of FR and i need some insight bout the 3 starters.Highlight your favorite.

Squirtle
    Totodile
    Mudkip

Sorry forgot the poll

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Blastoise could be called a mixed wall, Feraligatr a physical sweeper, and Swampert a more defensive physical sweeper. Empoleon is obviously a mixed wall and a special sweeper. It's all up to your own preference, but Empoleon is definitely superior, IMO.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    people just like piplup because it's a penguin...and everyone (excluding me and a lot of others. penguin h8ers representt) loooves penguins after March of the Penguins, Happy Feet, and Surf's Up were made. wtfuxx0r?

Since Empoleon is Water/Steel type, it gains a weakness against Fighting, Ground, and loses it's resistance to Fire but it gets an immunity to poison. It does have sweet special atk and defense skillz, but like the worst speed ever.

Squirtle is good because its higher defense and spec. def powah especially as Blastoise...but has sucky speed.

Tododile is good because of high attack and defense, but it has low Sp. Atk and Sp. Def and rly sucky speed. BUT it gets to its final form the fastest. Lv 30.

Mudkip is good because Marshtomp has an immunity to Electric....but is even weaker against Grass...it has very high attack, but the most horrible speed evah.

hmm...i kinda like speed, so I'm definitely not saying Mudkip or Piplup. Croconaw does become Feraligatr at lv 30 while Wartortle evolves @ lv 36. It really comes down to a preference of high defenses, or high normal attack and defense. I'd go w/ Squirtle. 1st gen all teh way!!!

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    Eh, I like Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr. It's attack is MASSIVE (Even thouh they did tone it down, but I say that's just because water attacks can now be physical as well as special. It's a conspiricy I tells you!) Anyhoo, You can't go wrong with the superior power of feraligatr. I mean, it even surpasses Charizard when trained properly...

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    most def. Feraligatr is my second choice. how come water starters always have THE WORST Speed?

Years
    I really like them all. I can't choose between Blastoise, Swampert or Feraligatr either.

But my first ever starter was Squirtle, so I'll go with that

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    people just like piplup because it's a penguin...and everyone (excluding me and a lot of others. penguin h8ers representt) loooves penguins after March of the Penguins, Happy Feet, and Surf's Up were made. wtfuxx0r?

*hates those movies*

*Still likes Empoleon* Can't argue with a freaking metallic emperor penguin with a trident for a face. :P

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I think squirtle is the best, I dont really like mudkip becuase Swampert Looks so ugly. I'd say Totodile in second after squirtle becuase its so cute.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Totodile->Feraligatr is my first option for a water starter, i dont care what others say. But mudkip is not that bad.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Mudkip. =D

It's cute, strong, and I never train ground Pokemon, so it's Ground type is handy. xD

Otherwise Totodile. Feraligatr is strong.

Back