• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weakness & Resistance not working

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2015
    Hi, I have a little problem with my PokeEssentials,
    I'm using an out of date version, because I adapted it to work online,
    and since I can't use the last version I need to know where to fix this specific problem:

Weakness and Resistances aren't working,
    now I got the weakness/resistance in the pbs and such things..
    but I don't know where is the code.

In-game, there are no "Super effective" or "Not very effective" or such.
    And for example, electric types can damage ground types.

I could replace the codes from a newer version code,
    but I don't know where in the scripts are defined the weakness and resistances,
    and where is the code that make it work.

Any help? :)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • just use the latest version of essentials and redo whatever you did to make yours work online

That's easier said than done, trust me, if they've done a lot of custom work it'd be quite hard to transfer their work over to the latest version of essentials, depending how old their one is. Anyway, I've not done much work in this kind of code when it comes to essentials so do bear with me when I try give you some guidance. Try checking out the script PokeBattle_MoveEffects and see if you've got anything missing there, may be a start, sorry I couldn't help as much.

Years
  • That's easier said than done, trust me, if they've done a lot of custom work it'd be quite hard to transfer their work over to the latest version of essentials, depending how old their one is. Anyway, I've not done much work in this kind of code when it comes to essentials so do bear with me when I try give you some guidance. Try checking out the script PokeBattle_MoveEffects and see if you've got anything missing there, may be a start, sorry I couldn't help as much.

for scripts that is true but for maps you can just simply move them to the new game that uses the newest version

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2015
    Maps?
    I'm asking for weakness/resistance script.. nothing to do with maps ._.

Any ways, it wasn't PokeBattle_MoveEffects,
    any other idea? :/

Years
  • Maps?
    I'm asking for weakness/resistance script.. nothing to do with maps ._.

Any ways, it wasn't PokeBattle_MoveEffects,
    any other idea? :/

no i just said that copying maps to a new pokemon essentials that uses the newest version with the weakness/resistance could be easier.

1 suggestion is that you copy the script from the new pokemon essentials version to your game(just remember to back up any custom scripts you have)

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2015
    Most of the scripts are edited to work online,
    can't just replace them with newer version of essentials :/

Back