• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Weather Trio

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I like them personally. They have an epic battle theme, they're based on ancient behemoths with control over a perspective element, and they were the first legendaries I've ever seen that actually had any kind of effect on the world. Kyogre is my personal favorite, but I like Rayquaza too. The only thing I really dislike is Kyogre's shiny palette. WHY IS IT MAGNETA?! They should have just made it a different color. Groudon's and Rayquaza's are just fine the way they are, but Kyogre should not be pink. :|

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Green Groudon? That's the first time I've heard someone give that ugly a complement.
    Shiny Groudon is technically gold, and it looks a heck of a lot better than pink freaking Kyogre. They should have just made Kyogre red or darker or silver or anything but freaking pink. Groudon does look decent in gold. But it should be said it's not really my favorite of the three. Just something about its design, and the fact the sprite in R/S/E looks like it's thinner than it actually is. It's supposed to look fat and it looks the exact opposite. :|

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Weather Trio

I would actually call this color chartreuse or at best key lime green (green/yellow where green is more prominent) depending upon which color palette you use. Let's for a moment assume it is gold, that is the poorest gold I've seen in a while. To have gold bars colored like that means that the purity has got be called into question. If it was more like Forrtress' colors I could accept that statement but until then let's agree on deferring color choices.

edit: why is the picture so massive?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Poor Kyogre

Drizzle/Primordial Sea is completely useless since it's a Water-type, thus resisting Fire-types
    It also makes Thunder 100% accurate

Meanwhile, Groudon laughs at your pitiful attempts to use water on it and it's a beefy physical type, so your ground-types are also nearly useless

Meanwhile, Rayquaza flies around shooting Flamethrowers, Thunderbolts and Ice Beams

It's a shame that Delta Stream nerfs your ice and electric moves against other flying types

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love all the Weather trio, with Kyogre as the top favorite one! Kyogre is Water-type, it is also huge and its signature Ability is great as well.

Years
    I love all three. I loved how involved they were in the games as well as their awesome designs. I also like the abilities they were given to correspond with their weather effects. They sure did a great job with this trio ;D

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    I love all 3 of the "Weather Trio," boy they're probably the legends I'm most attached to nostalgia wise (even if their Shinies are trash, except Rayquaza). Kyogre is probably my favourite of the bunch though, don't ask why I don't think I could give sound reasoning, aha.

Back