• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Quest #1: Zubat Hoarders!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Week 1: Zubat Hoarders!

Welcome to Pokémon Go: Weekly Quests! This is a weekly event designed to provide an extra challenge to all of us Pokémon Go players out there and see who really is the best trainer. Take part in these fun challenges to give some structure to your Pokémon Go adventures and see if you can come out on top. We'll be hatching eggs, hoarding Pokémon, taking pictures and lots more, so stick around and see which events tickle your fancy. Don't worry if you're nervous of competition - some weeks we'll be competing for the win, some weeks we'll be working together towards a common goal and some weeks we'll be trying to meet personal milestones all in the name of fun. Any event suggestions are of course welcome!

Week 1: Zubat Hoarders!
    Ah Zubat, everyone's favourite Pokémon... right? It's the first week so we'll start off with something simple to get the competition underway - and that simple task is catching Zubat! Your task this week is to catch more Zubat than anyone else taking part. These annoying things are littered all throughout the world with no known bias for certain locations and so everyone should be able to take part and rack up some points here.

And all Zubat entered must have been caught after July 19th. You can sign up by posting a screenshot of how many Zubat you have previously caught when you first enter the contest by loading up their page on the Pokédex, and then show your results by showing an updated version of that number when the competition ends. Feel free to use other verification methods to show off your Zubat like screenshotting each one individually or posting photos of your Pokémon list, but this is the method I believe is easiest.

Rules
    1. This week's competition ends on July 27th!
    2. Use screenshots to record your adventures; usually you can do this by pressing the home and lock buttons at the same time but phones may vary - Google is your friend!
    3. All Zubat entered must be caught after July 19th!
    4. Progress updates and general discussion are encouraged :)
    5. Be kind to the Zubat you capture - they are living creatures too!!
    Participants
    Simply post your first screenshot in the thread to take part.
    • Squirrel - 48 Zubat hoarded
    • Golurks Were Meant to Fly - 0 Zubat hoarded
    • FireSnow - 23 Zubat hoarded
    • Hiidoran - 0 Zubat hoarded
    • Regeneration - 11 Zubat hoarded
    • Lycanthropy - 1 Zubat hoarded
    • François - 0 Zubat hoarded
    • rachelann8586 - 9 Zubat hoarded
    • Colours - 0 Zubat hoarded
    • Sirindu - 0 Zubat hoarded
    • Mister Coffee - 0 Zubat hoarded
    • Battle Girl Spoony - 2 Zubat hoarded
    • VisualJae - 49 Zubat hoarded
    Future Events
    If any of these events take your fancy then feel free to request them in this thread for next week and I'll bump them up, otherwise I'll pick one randomly!
    • Eggciting Eggstravaganza! - Let's see who can hatch the most eggs in a week - bonus points for rare eggs!
    • Pokémon Photobomb - We've all seen some of the hilarious Go images appearing recently, so let's make our own!
    • Let's Be Hikers! - You want us to walk how much!?
    • Team Challenge: Catch 'em All! - Group together with your fellow team members and go catching crazy!
    • What's That Doing There? - A Sandshrew swimming at sea? A Shellder climbing a tree? Let's find some strange Pokémon!
    • Field Diary Drama - Recount your epic tales from journeys past in the most dramatic fashion possible!
    • Pokémon Hoarders - Hoard those Pokémon! Have you got what it takes to become the hoarding champion?
    • Pokémon Maths - Go out and catch Pokémon by dex number or CP equalling up to a certain goal!
    • PokéStop Professor - Visit and record as many different PokéStops as you can within the week!
    • One a Day - Each day of the week will have a different uncommon Pokémon as you goal to capture.
    Rewards
    As the weeks progress there'll be more prizes to rack up (and not just emblems!) including rewards based on how often you compete, but for this week we'll have a cute little Zubat emblem awarded to anyone placing within the top three trainers:

All that's left to say is good luck! And you might want to bring a scarf to keep your neck safe...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'll post my sign-up too :D

Spoiler:

Sorted by A-Z, nothing where Zubat should be so 0 to start with!

Heading out in a few mins to start my Go adventures for the day; hopefully I'll have some progress to update soon!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Ah, I'll do it too, see what happens!

Saw the good idea with the Pokedex, much easier.

Any number higher than 50, will be newly caught for the event.

Spoiler:

Update#1:
    Spoiler:

Update#2:
    Spoiler:

Update#3:
    Spoiler:

Update#4:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I don't intend to participate, but I'll just leave this here:
    Spoiler:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Ugh, you would pick those little Poké Ball thieves, wouldn't you? :|

Still, this looks like a lot of fun. Count me totally in!

Gonna go with Jae's suggestion and post this here:
    Spoiler:

Let me know if you want/need any help on the future weekly events, man. :]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Ugh, you would pick those little Poké Ball thieves, wouldn't you? :|
    It's community service - get those vermin off of the streets so other people don't have to deal with them! Plus I just wanted to waste all of your Pokéballs so I can finally pull ahead...
    Gonna go with Jae's suggestion and post this here:
    Spoiler:
    This is a great idea and I wish I'd known about it! Stops you having to keep hold of all the runts. I'll update the OP with that shortly and use it for future weeks on similar contests.
    Let me know if you want/need any help on the future weekly events, man. :]
    I'm fine for now since there's not much involved in running something like this but if they get bigger then I'll definitely be bugging you!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Edited my last post, now has the Pokedex info instead. I'll keep the updates coming as they come. Hopefully this 3 step glitch doesn't destroy my chances xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'll update with that image too so I can throw away my current bats. Caught 2 before posting this (proof):

Spoiler:

Now here's the updated Pokédex page after those two:

Spoiler:

Good luck to everyone :)

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Why, look at that! I don't have a Golbat yet, so I was looking for these guys anyway. Put me up!

Spoiler: Don't judge me, they're somewhat rare out here.

Spoiler: Though, the first thing I met in the morning...

Zubat count: 1

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hey I'd like to enter.
    Spoiler:

I have a question though, the 4 Zubats that you see in the screenshot were all caught on 19th or 20th of July. Would they count towards the contest?
    As long as they were caught on the 19/20th then that's fine they'll count :) I'll trust you with their dates so looks like you're in first place so far!

Why, look at that! I don't have a Golbat yet, so I was looking for these guys anyway. Put me up!

Spoiler: Don't judge me, they're somewhat rare out here.

Spoiler: Though, the first thing I met in the morning...

Zubat count: 1
    You're already beating half of the competition, don't worry ;)

buttlet32

Buttlet
    Years
  • Honestly, if you ask me, I think the 'Eggciting Eggstravaganza' and the 'One a Day' event ideas sound quite interesting. I'd participate in those for sure, but I can't participate in this Zubat event for I only have one Great Ball. I'm not walking to the nearest Pokestop just to receive three Pokeballs and one Great Ball.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Honestly, if you ask me, I think the 'Eggciting Eggstravaganza' and the 'One a Day' event ideas sound quite interesting. I'd participate in those for sure, but I can't participate in this Zubat event for I only have one Great Ball. I'm not walking to the nearest Pokestop just to receive three Pokeballs and one Great Ball.
    Everyone is welcome to vote on which event they'd like to see next so if you want one of them just say and I'll bump it up :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Spoiler:

I think Zubats spawn around me all the time... Not sure if I should be happy or disappointed. xD
    Woooooah nelly I don't even have words for this. I am very sorry for making you hoard these! If you're dying to get rid of them to make space then feel free to take a screenshot of the Zubat page in your Pokédex instead (where it says how many you've caught overall) and we'll count from there after including this bag load of bats. But I'm half thinking we have a winner here XD

Squirrel this is awesome and thank you for the personal invite!! =D I guess I'm a couple days late on starting, but why not--I'll see if I can catch up!
    It'd be cool to have you take part, the more the merrier :D If you have any Zubat from before today you can still take pics of their pages to submit them, you can see the capture date half-way down the screen. Otherwise just take a screenshot of how many Zubat you have now and then get started :)

Back