• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome FireTears!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    If you're using Photoshop, you can change the amount of time each frame runs for in the Animation palette. :3

Also, dang. Wonderful entry so far. One thing I might suggest is on the ocean, where it meets the sky, it should either be straight, or if you're going for a dynamic fish-eye sort of look with it, the curve should be more even. It angles too sharply on the left side. Some of the dark pixels in the water near her hat look arbitrarily placed, as well. Other than that, amazing work with the depth and the dithering. The blending is superb!

Well, the frames are all running at 0 seconds-instantly xD

Yeah, I see what u mean with the angling. The dark pixels were supposed to be the distorted violet color, but I guess there is no need for it. I'll fix it later ^^ (or not if people are uncomfortable in changing my entry, but I am fine with that)

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    Can I use some of your sprites and give 100% credit to you?

I've got to say all these sprites are truly amazing.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Why thanks you^^

That mug is me, and the hair and collar moves up at the same time particularly because the wind is blowing constantly in the same direction.

Oh ok. I figured the wind was blowing from the left for some odd reason. I love your new pixel art. The only thing that could be changed has already been stated. Good Luck and I hope to see updates soon!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Can I use some of your sprites and give 100% credit to you?

I've got to say all these sprites are truly amazing.

Permission Granted c:

Although, you could use anything except for:

Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

I need those for some purpose.

Ayselipera

I especially love your castform forms and Spiritomb.
    I could see them being real pokemon.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Forgot to post some stuff I've done in the past ^^ So take this as an update if u haven't seen them already.

A giratina Pixelart I've done; yes some people might recognize the pose as the recent Giratina scratch and from the Giratina in my 3D tutorial and gallery.

Welcome FireTears!

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Your pixel art is among the best I've seen. I seem to like the scratch sprites/pictures the most. The way you created that dithering for the HG image, did you use oekaki tones or was it completely an MSPaint piece? It's all very pleasing to look at. I look forward to seeing you update!​

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Your pixel art is among the best I've seen. I seem to like the scratch sprites/pictures the most. The way you created that dithering for the HG image, did you use oekaki tones or was it completely an MSPaint piece? It's all very pleasing to look at. I look forward to seeing you update!​

I use photoshop for all my sprites ^^ I choose the colors myself, I don't like to use colors form existing sprite much.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Ok, thought to update my sprite thread finally^^

I have never done a revamp before, and a Steelix was a horrible choice to begin with x.x
    C+C please, I want criticism.

Welcome FireTears!

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Ok, thought to update my sprite thread finally^^

I have never done a revamp before, and a Steelix was a horrible choice to begin with x.x
    C+C please, I want criticism.

Welcome FireTears!
    It looks good FT
    The revamp looks a lot like the gba version of it
    Your still using some of the gsc steelix's shading it's better if you use all of your shading there are also a random looking rock in the tail
    I also would prefer using your colors FT because they are just so good how you pick your colors
    Hope this helps

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    It looks good FT
    The revamp looks a lot like the gba version of it
    Your still using some of the gsc steelix's shading it's better if you use all of your shading there are also a random looking rock in the tail
    I also would prefer using your colors FT because they are just so good how you pick your colors
    Hope this helps

I didn't use any of the shading from the steelix, I just copied the rock structure. The random looking rock is from the original steelix sprite xD

I don't really pick colors when scratching existing Pokemon.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    do i need to get permission and give credit to use overworld base or just give credit

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    WELCOME FIRETEARS! Im fireyboy :) Anyway..i think that you do great work...i have been watching you on serebii forums. Great work and keep it coming.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Been a while since I updated and I have nothing new to update T^T

Ok, I guess I'll post some stuff that are not new and that I haven't thought of posting here xD

The following are made by me for a fangame (not posted on PC) AND ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED.

Animated running hero/heroine sprites for a fangame

Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Gym Leaders

Welcome FireTears!

Animated VS

Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Welcome FireTears!

Professor
    Welcome FireTears!

Overworld Sprites

Welcome FireTears!

AGAIN, YOU MAY NOT USE THEM EVEN IF YOU ASK. And please don't ask me what fangame this is from or for, it will be revealed in time..

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
    I saw them at your profile at deviantart...

they're not quite bad but some sprites look FR/LG-ish, especially the green booted gym leader... the running heroes are quite good too

overall, those sprites look G.R.E.A.T. :D

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    I saw them at your profile at deviantart...

they're not quite bad but some sprites look FR/LG-ish, especially the green booted gym leader... the running heroes are quite good too

overall, those sprites look G.R.E.A.T. :D

I know what you mean, the hair on the surfer leader was difficult and the green girl's boots were horrible.

Vance Viper

Go Tony Stewart!
    Years
    nice job on the the pixel art, the one you made for the contest. the one were the girl is looking at ho-oh. I think your going to win the contest. Good luck.

keep spriteing

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
    nice job on the the pixel art, the one you made for the contest. the one were the girl is looking at ho-oh. I think your going to win the contest. Good luck.

keep spriteing

actually, he is going to win 99% since he did that exquisite pixel art, nobody posted...
    I guess nothing can top that :\

the only thing I'm pointing out are the boots
    the boots look 2d-ish even the surfboard...

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    actually, he is going to win 99% since he did that exquisite pixel art, nobody posted...
    I guess nothing can top that :\

the only thing I'm pointing out are the boots
    the boots look 2d-ish even the surfboard...

Yeah, the boots gave me a hard time. I couldn't sprite all the lacing details on it well enough either.

Back