• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome FireTears!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Hello, I am FireTears ^^ I'm new to PC, but not new to spriting. I am exceptionally good with scratches and I enjoy it also. Please C+C and comment!

PLEASE ASK PERMISSION AND GIVE CREDIT IF YOU ARE USING THEM. DP overworld base permission not needed.

Oldest to Newest

Scratches/Edits
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Recolours/Animations/edited
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!
    Welcome FireTears!

Pixel Art Contest Entrees

Summer
    FOR BEST QUALITY, LOOK FROM FAR AWAY!!

Welcome FireTears!

Other
    Welcome FireTears!

Welcome FireTears!

Overworld Bases
    Welcome FireTears!

Custom 2D PT Tiles PLEASE ASK PERMISSION AND GIVE CREDIT IF YOU ARE USING THEM.

And please don't SPAM my thread with any requests.

https://fc09.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/159/1/6/Pokemon_Platinum_Tiles_WIP_by_klnothincomin.png

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Your reposes are fantastic! All your sprites are very nice. But the persons animation bothers me. I don't like how the hair and collar move up at the same time and in the same way. But I do really like the fifth sprite in. The design is great and the animation flows and looks great. you did a really nice job on these. I hope to see more soon.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Your reposes are fantastic! All your sprites are very nice. But the persons animation bothers me. I don't like how the hair and collar move up at the same time and in the same way. But I do really like the fifth sprite in. The design is great and the animation flows and looks great. you did a really nice job on these. I hope to see more soon.

Why thanks you^^

That mug is me, and the hair and collar moves up at the same time particularly because the wind is blowing constantly in the same direction.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ah klnothicomin spirtes. Good to see them on PC. Now then they are all excellent. Your scratch skills are superbly excellent(note the wsc entry of tropius being a rock type of sorts) and your ideas are simply lovely. I love the rotom versions and they are pretty spiffy if you wanna know. I hope to see more and have fun in PC. Only complaint I might have is for you to not and try to over complicate things which screws things up.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    Yaay! Welcome Klnothincomin, to Pokecommunity. You may know me-G@mbit, from Serebii-forums:D
    Anyways, very proffesional made sprites, very clean and original. You should add more of your works, like the Palkia/milotic
    fusion.

Ahh...now you're going to take all the wins in the spriting contest :P

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Yaay! Welcome Klnothincomin, to Pokecommunity. You may know me-G@mbit, from Serebii-forums:D
    Anyways, very proffesional made sprites, very clean and original. You should add more of your works, like the Palkia/milotic
    fusion.

Ahh...now you're going to take all the wins in the spriting contest :P

You know that fusions can't be posted here lol

And I probably won't enter the contests ofter in PC lol still getting lost in the big sub-forums xD

Years
    (Always save your lost posts. owo PC nommed on me and I had almost forgot to save it, but thankfully I did.)

I had seen you commenting around some threads and noticed that you were new, but not a newbie. :'D I think all of your sprites are excellent!
    The animations are really great and remind me of the in-game animations. This is something I don't know how to do. Do you manipulate each frame or do you have some type of program that does some parts for you?

I'd have to say I really like the warriors the best.
    Welcome FireTears!

It's such a dynamic pose, I didn't notice the shield and sword very quickly because it went with the pokemon's design so well.

Welcome FireTears!

I really really enjoy the detail for the one on the right.
    The ice is very complicated but you can still see individual spikes and no clarity is lost.
    Welcome FireTears!
    Your spikes are so sharp but you can still do subtle and soft parts, you are very talented. Or you're just really good at ice. ;D

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    (Always save your lost posts. owo PC nommed on me and I had almost forgot to save it, but thankfully I did.)

I had seen you commenting around some threads and noticed that you were new, but not a newbie. :'D I think all of your sprites are excellent!
    The animations are really great and remind me of the in-game animations. This is something I don't know how to do. Do you manipulate each frame or do you have some type of program that does some parts for you?

I'd have to say I really like the warriors the best.
    Welcome FireTears!

It's such a dynamic pose, I didn't notice the shield and sword very quickly because it went with the pokemon's design so well.

Welcome FireTears!

I really really enjoy the detail for the one on the right.
    The ice is very complicated but you can still see individual spikes and no clarity is lost.
    Welcome FireTears!
    Your spikes are so sharp but you can still do subtle and soft parts, you are very talented. Or you're just really good at ice. ;D

Thanks ^^ I uused to be the King in animation xD I usually draw each individual frame by frame, if not, I use tweening to speed up movement organization. To make the sprite shrink or increase in size, I just stretch it. And all I use it Photoshop, no other program ^^

Ice, fire, scales, feathers, rocks, all that I love to sprite at lol

Years
    Ho, wow. I've seen your sprites ar SPPF, and they're... uh, just as good as your sprites here. ^^; Your animations are mostly smooth (with the exception of the grass cats, but those look like earlier sprites, yes?), and your designs for Fakemon and megasplices are incredible.

I noticed you tend to spam streaks (colored outlines around a sprite, to make it look pretty on dark backgrounds) but instead of just settling for that you go the extra mile and incorporate it into the Pokemon's design-- fire Pokemon will have a firey glow, ice Pokemon will have ice crystals around them, etc. Very cool. Very very cool. Color me impressed.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Ho, wow. I've seen your sprites ar SPPF, and they're... uh, just as good as your sprites here. ^^; Your animations are mostly smooth (with the exception of the grass cats, but those look like earlier sprites, yes?), and your designs for Fakemon and megasplices are incredible.

I noticed you tend to spam streaks (colored outlines around a sprite, to make it look pretty on dark backgrounds) but instead of just settling for that you go the extra mile and incorporate it into the Pokemon's design-- fire Pokemon will have a firey glow, ice Pokemon will have ice crystals around them, etc. Very cool. Very very cool. Color me impressed.

Yeah, I do kinda overdo it in spriting sometimes ^^' Yes, the sprites first in a row are the oldest, so the grass-delcatty like sprites are very old.

I am not sure is this is the place to post it, but since I made them, there isn't quite a reason why not.

Sprite rips/edits/customs

Welcome FireTears!

Some Overworld bases for those that need them ^^ PLEASE ASK PERMISSION IF U WANT TO USE THEM.

https://fc09.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/159/1/6/Pokemon_Platinum_Tiles_WIP_by_klnothincomin.png

And ripped tiles from Platinum and edited to be 3D-like and 2D ^^ Some were scratched.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Wow I was waiting for you to post your stuff. Very impressive. I love the warrior sprites and this one
    Welcome FireTears!
    very cool designs, and animations

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well, I don't want to repeat anyone else, but I will say you have nice work here. Not your typical gallery, even if it is mostly Pokemon sprites. You really pay attention to detail and put visible effort into your work.

One criticism I would have is that on some of your animations, you seem to overdo the shaking bit, such as on the second grass cat thing, Palkia, and the hatching Eeveelutions. Other than that, your animating skills are excellent, and you do a nice job of emulating D/P/Pt-style animations. :3

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Well, I don't want to repeat anyone else, but I will say you have nice work here. Not your typical gallery, even if it is mostly Pokemon sprites. You really pay attention to detail and put visible effort into your work.

One criticism I would have is that on some of your animations, you seem to overdo the shaking bit, such as on the second grass cat thing, Palkia, and the hatching Eeveelutions. Other than that, your animating skills are excellent, and you do a nice job of emulating D/P/Pt-style animations. :3

Ever since I saw Roserade's speedy animation in Platinum, I wanted to try and imitate it lol I like it when sprites look as if it is in action and really moving rather than standing there looking all dull.

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Ever since I saw Roserade's speedy animation in Platinum, I wanted to try and imitate it lol I like it when sprites look as if it is in action and really moving rather than standing there looking all dull.
    Yeah, I get that bit. The thing is that they shake a bit too much, like too far and too drawn-out. It should be quicker and less, for lack of better term, 'violent', and more like that Luxray you've got. That's just my two cents, though.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Yeah, I get that bit. The thing is that they shake a bit too much, like too far and too drawn-out. It should be quicker and less, for lack of better term, 'violent', and more like that Luxray you've got. That's just my two cents, though.

There isn't really any way to slow down vibrations, just make the Pokemon less far apart each frame I guess.

Any way, this is for the Pixel Art Monthly Contest (my first contest I am joining on PC yesh!)

I am not done with it; I will be adding a rainbow, cliff, Ho-oh, and Soul from HGSS. I only used 9 colors in here because we are drastically limited down to using only one shade from various different hues :/ So you see that it looks horrible due to the dithering.

FOR BEST QUALITY, LOOK FROM FAR AWAY!!

Welcome FireTears!

Years
    *_* Mmmmhhhh that's amazing! I'm happy to see some pixel art instead of just sprites.
    More competition, nooooooooo!~ ;D Hehe, jk.

Make sure you keep that one, because I'd actually say...It doesn't need anything else.
    I'm sure you can add stuff in there and it'll be fine, but you've got to be careful not to overwork it, it's got some stunning things going on already.
    I'm not 100% sure I'd look at and think of just a summer scene though...

I think the dithering looks wonderful! It looks great from far away, but still great close up.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    *_* Mmmmhhhh that's amazing! I'm happy to see some pixel art instead of just sprites.
    More competition, nooooooooo!~ ;D Hehe, jk.

Make sure you keep that one, because I'd actually say...It doesn't need anything else.
    I'm sure you can add stuff in there and it'll be fine, but you've got to be careful not to overwork it, it's got some stunning things going on already.
    I'm not 100% sure I'd look at and think of just a summer scene though...

I think the dithering looks wonderful! It looks great from far away, but still great close up.

Well, I'm almost finished with the rest of the stuff, Just need to finish Soul lol. And yeah, I do pretty darn well in contests, so beware >D

EDIT: Finished it ^^

Welcome FireTears!

Last edited:

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    Yet another Pokemon 100% scratch. This one is of Giratina ^^

Welcome FireTears!
    Something is a bit off to me. C+C please! I might redo a Palkia one and then I'll try Arceus ^^ Ho-oh and Lugia I am planning to do as well.

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    There isn't really any way to slow down vibrations, just make the Pokemon less far apart each frame I guess.
    If you're using Photoshop, you can change the amount of time each frame runs for in the Animation palette. :3

Also, dang. Wonderful entry so far. One thing I might suggest is on the ocean, where it meets the sky, it should either be straight, or if you're going for a dynamic fish-eye sort of look with it, the curve should be more even. It angles too sharply on the left side. Some of the dark pixels in the water near her hat look arbitrarily placed, as well. Other than that, amazing work with the depth and the dithering. The blending is superb!

Back