• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to our new Pokémon Sun and Moon forum!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I know we all love speculation but this...this is certainly interesting to say to least. The series is no stranger to following up on certain events, dialouge and the like in previous generations. Does 'pink Pokemon with flower patterns' from Gen I ring a bell? Well...(and yeah initially the one with reBURST left me really skeptical, but now this is easing me a little bit on it):

snippppppp

Little too Digimon-y for me. If we were to become Pokemon in-game it would give me too much flashbacks to Digimon 4. Pokemon works as a separate thing. I think becoming Pokemon pushes it a little too far into the creepy zone for me.

_________​

RE: The movie. I have a feeling we'll have a mechanical town in-game based on that footage. Normally places from movies aren't actually real BUT why not? How else are we supposed to tie Magearna in-game? They're probably going to go with it being an event legendary and having no role in the games but as we've learnt from previous event-only Pokemon: it's boring. Genesect never really had a role in Gen 5, for example. It was tucked away in some small route. Kind of sucky for such a powerful and cool Pokemon. Let's give Magearna a town to stand out in. Or even reference. Something!

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    @the trailer for the next film, it looks like Magearna is either being designed or studied. We've had manmade Pokemon before, but Magearna made actually be a Pokemon built by man. Either that, or Leonardo Poke Vinci is studying how Magearna works.

Years
    RE: The movie. I have a feeling we'll have a mechanical town in-game based on that footage. Normally places from movies aren't actually real BUT why not? How else are we supposed to tie Magearna in-game? They're probably going to go with it being an event legendary and having no role in the games but as we've learnt from previous event-only Pokemon: it's boring. Genesect never really had a role in Gen 5, for example. It was tucked away in some small route. Kind of sucky for such a powerful and cool Pokemon. Let's give Magearna a town to stand out in. Or even reference. Something!

A town that honours Magearna? That would be intriguing. But knowing me and the formula of most mythical Pokemon, it'll likely get nothing special other than a typical event-only distribution.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
    I read that those who purchased Red,Blue and Yellow from the eshop will be able to transfer the pokemon they catch on there to Sun and Moon through PokeBank. Do you think this is true or just false information

Years
    I read that those who purchased Red,Blue and Yellow from the eshop will be able to transfer the pokemon they catch on there to Sun and Moon through PokeBank. Do you think this is true or just false information

It is actually true. Kinda cool when seeing how it'll determine what mechanics they'll obtain in the new games like gender, ability, nature etc.

HyperJono

Years
    It is actually true. Kinda cool when seeing how it'll determine what mechanics they'll obtain in the new games like gender, ability, nature etc.

That will be interesting and it will also mean we can have pokemon with moves like a gyarados with mimic.

pkmin3033

Well, we've not heard anything about them since the painfully sparse Pokemon Direct; last night's Nintendo Direct was, unsurprisingly, a bust for any new Sun and Moon information. It's far too soon for them to release any additional information, I suppose. Plenty of speculation to go around though!

Years
    I kinda expected the Direct wouldn't reveal any Sun & Moon info (it did mention stuff about Pokken though) but there's always the next CoroCoro to look forward to.

HyperJono

Years
    True. I just hope Sun and Moon live up to all the hype that it is currently receiving. I'm sure as soon as new information is the hype it is currently receiving ends up being deserved or not

pkmin3033

The problem with hype is that it is never justified; even the most diehard and excited of fans who will be happy with whatever always get disappointed in some respects. Everyone always has some sort of criticism, no matter how small, and expectations are very rarely met. It's unfounded excitement in the face of a lack of information.

I'm not particularly excited for Sun and Moon, personally. I'm curious. I'm enjoying the speculation; it's great fun sharing wild theories and ideas. But I'm not expecting anything particularly groundbreaking or anything like that. The last time I had high expectations for a Pokemon game was with Black, and that didn't turn out very well...

HyperJono

Years
    This is true and it doesn't help that in this day and age by the time any game is released we tend have most of the information about it whereas 10 years ago generally we only had most of the information about the game after it had been released.

And I agree Black and White were pretty terrible games as fair as the main series Pokemon games.

pkmin3033

Yeah, the longer a game's pre-release cycle is, the less exciting it is when it's actually released, because by the time it IS released you're sick to death of hearing about it, haha. That said, X and Y did very well building up suspension over an entire year (if not for the leaks in the last week, anyway) so I think Sun and Moon will do alright in keeping our interest without spoiling too much. Time will tell, I guess!

I think Black and White had a lot of issues, but Black 2 and White 2 really took it to the next level; this is why I'm hoping Sun and Moon are indirect sequels to X and Y in a similar-yet-different fashion, I think it's far too early to abandon Kalos and whilst I'm in the crowd who doesn't want a Pokemon Z and never did, I'd hate to see them abandon something with so much potential just because it's the 20th Anniversary and they feel the need to move on to the next generation because of it.

HyperJono

Years
    I mean I don't mind bits and pieces of a game being released over time to help build up interest in a game but too much info being released makes me lose interest in wanting that game

To me Black and White just overall uninteresting partly due to the fact I felt it didn't add to the main series overall and to me felt a little like playing Red and Blue to a degree which is why I am Black 2 and White 2 added more to Unova and to me reemed Unova add Gen 5.

And another Kalos game would be good because as you said Kalos still has lot of Potential. Besides Sun and Moon may be another Gen 6 game not Gen 7

Years
    I was quite the fan of B/W back when it was first released, but B2/W2 really marked a huge improvement for 5th Gen as a whole. While it may be too soon to be leaving behind 6th Gen I'm sure the pre-release suspense will be worth waiting for, because that was how I felt a lot during the lead-up to X/Y's release.

pkmin3033

I think the only thing that spoiled XY's pre-release were the leaks before the launch, really...and that technically wasn't Nintendo's fault, so you can't really blame them for that. I'm confident that they'll handle Sun and Moon well, I'm just not confident about the reception official information is going to receive when it's finally revealed.

HyperJono

Years
    I think as long as Nintendo don't let too much information leak out and the hype dies down a little before Sun/Moon's official info is released it should be received well enough. And also the focus won't soley be on Sun/Moon as people will also be waiting for information about Pokemon Go

pkmin3033

Ugh, Pokemon Go...I have nothing positive to say about that. I really hope it doesn't tie in to Sun and Moon in any meaningful way. It'd be cool if you could transfer your Pokemon between the two, and I expect something like that will be incorporated, but if any of the new Pokemon are Go exclusive, or require Go in some way, I'm not going to be pleased. It seems unlikely, but...well, you never can tell with Game Freak. They do so love their surprises.

HyperJono

Years
    I'm guessing you're not a fan of Pokemon GO then?

And i think when Pokemon GO is eventually released it should be a stand alone thing with the possibility of sending caught Pokemon on it to Sun and Moon

Back