• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Welcome to the Mezo Region!

Lugi-Oh

@mezoregion
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
These are three of the starter lines available in Mezo

076_Collection.jpg

079_Collection.jpg

082_Collection.jpg

Their pokedex info is on my DeviantArt

You can also follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more!
(both @mezoregion)

Years
That water starter line looks amazing 😍

The other lines are strong too, but for some reason I like their final evo a bit less than it's previous forms.

Years
Beautiful! I get very old-school Pokémon vibes from these designs. They'd look at home among Gen 1 and 2 (not just because of the retro-looking choice of colour).

Lugi-Oh

@mezoregion
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Thank you! Kanto and Johto are a big inspiration for me, there's a charm to it that's hard to capture.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
These are extremely cute! I love how you have a watercolour style too! I think my favourite is the Water-type (Leveedran) because it kind of reminds me of Leviathan but I love Iguava's tounge!

Lugi-Oh

@mezoregion
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I'm glad you like them! If you go through my dex you'll gather that I have a tendency to create adorable pokemon and turn them into absolute monsters

Years
Ooh, I checked out your dex on Deviantart, lots of awesome ideas there!

Do you plan on presenting your whole region and dex here as well? Like, for example, Lordecoxinha does with his dex. I see you've come up with a lot of cool ideas - two sets of starters based on starting locations? Neat! I'd love to hear more about how you imagined that to work, as well as other neat stuff and inspirations.

(I love the regional forms, gotta say! Man-o-war centurion Tentacool is such a brilliant idea, and the smelly musk ox Skiddo evolution is such a fun way to do an Ice/Poison type!)

Last edited:

Lugi-Oh

@mezoregion
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Wow thank you so much! I hadn't planned on posting everything here, but if this thread for some reason got really popular I might consider. I would mostly like to direct people to my DeviantArt as well as my Instagram and Twitter accounts where everyone can view my entire collection simply without having to navigate through pages.

People don't post many comments on my work on DA, so this may be the perfect format to answer questions about the Mezo Region :)

The pokemon I posted here are the starters that trainers choose from when they start their journey in Mezo Sur. The trainer is sent by Prof. Myrtle in Bromelia Town to her twin sister (Prof. Laurel) in Sacoya Town, who gives them another starter in Mezo Norte. Similar to how you get the additional Kanto starters in X and Y. Click MEZO under my DA bio if you want to explore the map, I'm not allowed to post links here yet.

I have enjoyed making the regional variants. Tentacool and Tentaquest's helmet designs are more based on conquistadors. Man O' War "jellyfish" are named after caravels like the Spanish and Portuguese sailed in their conquest of the Americas.

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure, but I think 5 posts is the threshold for posting links? Let's see if you can after answering this question!

Your fakemon Judojo really looks like a Sawk/Throh Baby Pokémon - is it? Loving the headband arms motif either way.

Also, star-nosed Diglett is a really neat, minimalist idea. Is the goldish colour also inspired by marsupial moles?

Lugi-Oh

@mezoregion
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
You're right, 5 posts is what it told me. Thanks for the assistance!

Judojo is not a baby pokemon, I actually recently posted its evolution in case you missed it. The Judojo line is more specifically based on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, while Sawk and Throh represented Karate and Judo respectively :)

Diglett's gold coloration is inspired by golden moles and the fact that they occupy mineshafts. Their silky fur tends to shimmer in the light fooling miners into thinking they've found gold.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
These are absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see what you do next! :D

Lugi-Oh

@mezoregion
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Thank you! on twitter and instagram, I try to post weekly

Back