• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My allowance is £15 a week, plus a £10 a fortnight. I'm halving it so I can save up for something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's 3.50 a week! Still more than me. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I get no allowance, I do get money from the govt fortnightly though :x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Every 2 weeks I do a nice thing where I spend 20 min letting people take pictures of my eyes and then they give me 7.50 to spend on whatever I want, it's quite nice really.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Although, I'm pretty much an entrepreneur myself, I sell some of my stuff online. ^^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I used to get like £5 a week when I was smaller, if I was good. Though this stopped when I started high school, due to them giving me money for food in the school canteen everyday. Though now if I need some extra cash, I help out in my dad's shop and get paid.

I'm a little saddened by the fact that the Pokémon anime section is on the verge of dying. It's been quite neglected due to lack of interest in the anime. And down to one page of a few threads, not including the episode discussion subforum. The section has a lot of potential. So yeah, peoples go post there.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I used to get like £5 a week when I was smaller, if I was good. Though this stopped when I started high school, due to them giving me money for food in the school canteen everyday. Though now if I need some extra cash, I help out in my dad's shop and get paid.

I'm a little saddened by the fact that the Pokémon anime section is on the verge of two or three posts a day. It's been quite neglected due to lack of interest in the anime. And down to one page of a few threads, not including the episode discussion subforum. The section has a lot of potential. So yeah, peoples go post there.
    I haven't catched up with the latest episodes of Best Wishes, but I'm definitely trying my best to post there. :'3 ..

Lucky you, I don't get paid. XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't watch the anime because I don't even watch shows that I actively really like, let alone shows I'm ambivalent towards. :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The games and the manga are more than enough for me, I'm already the resident Pokemon expert in my group of friends.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I never liked the anime. Pokemon could clearly be great without it.
    That's a terrible statement to make. Many people were introduced to the series through the anime. Plus the anime is the biggest point of promotion for the games. :\ Are there any reasons in particular why you don't like it? I mean, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I never liked the anime. Pokemon could clearly be great without it.
    I don't really agree, as much as I lack interest towards the show. The games were first to come out, but I think the anime also plays an integral part in the whole Pokemon franchise.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I totally agree that it's a great way of promoting the games, as of course, interests young people and buys the game for sure. :'p

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I don't necessarily like the anime, any more at least, lol, but I don't want it to disappear. :\ If it had never happened, we wouldn't have epic movies like the first one. xD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    There is way more to it than that. It hasn't been going on for this long because of promotion. Many, many people very much enjoy watching the series, I'm very passionate about the series. I've watched it since I was small, and followed Ash on his journey up until now. I'm sure many, many generations of children have enjoyed watching it over the past 14 years, it's loved by many, many people, young and old...

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I have been watching the series ever since I was a kid, but I stopped watching after some anime distracted me, so I couldn't say that I watched it all, I definitely missed some. D': .. Which is bad ..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Although I have to say that the anime probably has the weakest long-term following as opposed to, for example, the games, because it constantly has to appeal to young audiences and for some reason that always goes over better with the games than the anime.

Years
    Every 2 weeks I do a nice thing where I spend 20 min letting people take pictures of my eyes and then they give me 7.50 to spend on whatever I want, it's quite nice really.

Maybe you already explained what this entails and I missed it, or maybe no one is interested, but this sounds so weird. Are you an eye model? Please tell me that you are. That would be even crazier than a hand model.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back