• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I like taking pictures of different eyes, since I believe that in the eye, you could see what truly that person is. :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Maybe you already explained what this entails and I missed it, or maybe no one is interested, but this sounds so weird. Are you an eye model? Please tell me that you are. That would be even crazier than a hand model.

Hahaha. My college does a lot of research, and a lot of it has to do with biometrics which I'm not really sure entirely what they do with the images, but I think it has to do with computers being able to tell different eyes apart. I do a whole bunch of really scientific-type pictures with fancy cameras and then they give me money cause it helps their research haha.

Years
    Hahaha. My college does a lot of research, and a lot of it has to do with biometrics which I'm not really sure entirely what they do with the images, but I think it has to do with computers being able to tell different eyes apart. I do a whole bunch of really scientific-type pictures with fancy cameras and then they give me money cause it helps their research haha.

Well, that wasn't as interesting an answer as I was hoping, but still interesting nonetheless. My school used to post ads for volunteers for studies, but they always wanted 3 or 4 hours of your time so I never went to any. I was always curious to try one though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah this is nice because I don't do much with the money but it keeps me in clean clothes, since I get a discount for using money directly from my student card for laundry and that's where the money goes. And the occasional vending machine goodie :3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Nope, no allowance for me. ):

Best Wishes is better than Sinnoh and Hoenn at least. I hated the Sinnoh saga the most. Dawn was so annoying.

Years
    No allowance. My main source of money comes from birthday, Christmas, and finding money around the house. That last one brings in a lot more than you would think.

I never really watch the anime because I don't get the channel it plays on. I do like to watch the orginal Indigo League saga online though.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I don't have a allowance. The main time I get money is from my dad. He would ask me if I have any money on me and would give it to me if I don't have any. I would also get money from my birthday or Christmas.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I wish I had an allowance... or a job. A steady flow of cash wouldn't be bad... I could use it for a lot of things. But my mom can't afford to give allowances. =/

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Congrats :D
    what kind? A casual job like a supermarket one or a full-time one?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I get jobs on campus pretty easily because they're always looking for students to work, it's pretty lucky.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I work at a supermarket, heheh :D !
    It's pretty fun, the people are surprisingly nice :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm currently jobless. Not that I'm looking for one, I'm just more focused on studying right now. And I'm not in need of money currently, altho, I might get a job over Winter break.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back