• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well.. help with UU team I put up

KimSky

Breeder with white wings
Years
  • Ok, as I said in my introduction topic:

I said:
    and just for note I'm currently setting up my own UU-battling team. I just hope I'll do it right because I've never battled b4 other ways than random battles with brother who didn't even know that pokémon can breed b4 D/P/Pl came out :|

and now I'd like to know how my plans look like.

I've readen through lots of topics about and from the info I've picked from there and from smogon university I've came up with following plan:

Cloyster@Leftovers
    Shell Armor
    Bold
    ~ Rest
    ~ Spikes / Toxic Spikes
    ~ Ice Beam / Surf
    ~ Sleep Talk
    252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    First of all, Cloyster ^^"
    Umm. I really don't know what I was thinking, sleep talkin just did sound good.

Azumarill@Salac Berry
    Huge Power
    Jolly
    ~ Belly Drum
    ~ Substitute / Ice Punch
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Return
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    +HP IV at least 30
    Yeh, I tought that Azumarill could sweep a bit. Primary plan was to use sub -> Belly Drum -> salac activation -> damage doing~

Moltres@Choise Band/Life Orb
    Pressure
    Modest
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Agility
    ~ Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Air Slash / Roost
    64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    +DEF & SpA IV's at least 30
    With Moltres I couldn't decide which one I should give Life Orb to, and when thinking again it may be better that Moltres has LO and to Scyther I give something like Choise Scarf/Band?

Scyther@Life Orb/Choise Scarf(/band)
    Technician
    Jolly
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ X-Scissor
    ~ Brick Break / Reversal
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    I was thinking that I'd use Scyther as my second heavy damage dealer, so I went with this build, as said above Life Orb would go better with Moltres would it?

Weezing@Leftovers
    Bold
    ~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Will-O-Wisp / Haze
    ~ Pain Split
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Walling, walling, Weezing as physical wall. Nothing special here I think?

Rotom@Light Clay
    Timid
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball
    ~ Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split
    252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    I though that I should lead with Rotom, so I could put some support for my team, I don't know why I put it to last in this list, but meh.
    Yeh, Dual Screen supporting and maybe WoW:ing opponent was plan with Rotom.

Those are copied straight from smogon and I currently have most of that team formed up.

Should I change something or should I try goin' with this one?

I'm completely lost when it comes to competitive battling :I

//@Dark Azelf
    ! Sorry, I was thinking that I forgot something and it seems to be descriptions/explanations that I forgot.
    I'll edit 'em right now.

///That good?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ill allow this as you are new but please include an explanation of each pokemon. Mainly why you chose that pokemon and what it does for your team. Im going to assume you set up hazards with Cloyster, dual screens with Rotom and then BD Behind the screens with Azu.

Moltres wants life orb.

If you are using Moltres AND Scyther, Rapid Spin is 100% required so put it over Sleep Talk or Stealth Rock WILL destroy you.

Back