• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Were is Crys?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • She won't get the slip, she won't snuff it, nor will she randomly disappear. The new girl is here because there was none in the original Gold and Silver. Crystal is her own entity in her own game. It's preserved. The main question is what this new girl will do, and when will she be introduced.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I think that we are getting ahead of ourselves. We do not know if she will be a new supportive main character in Pokemon Special like Wally was or Crystal will wear her clothes? We will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Bleh, I hope Kris doesn't get Soul's clothes. That would look ridiculous. Kris can't balance that enormous hat while doing her crazy Pokeball-kicking... thing. >:I
    Optimistically, I see Soul as either a supporting character or a new main character :> Kanto has four main characters, after all~ And since Soul kinda /does/ have a game of her own, it's possible... right?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I do have to say it doesn't look as appealing as Leaf's, May's, or Dawn's are.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    @Sea Guardian: I know~ :< I keep trying to picture it, but Kris always ends up falling over or missing horribly or somethin'.
    Or breaking the laws of physics.

@Mileyangel: Out of playable characters, I agree. Otherwise... there's probably some crazy villain guy somewhere with something crazier.

@Osrow: I agree~ I like new characters :'D So having her as a new character would be fun~ I doubt she'll replace Kris, though, 'cause... that'd be weird.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I do have to say it doesn't look as appealing as Leaf's, May's, or Dawn's are.

Leaf was designed as a female counterpart of Red for the original RBY games, but for whatever reason took her out. Then with G/S I think Gamefreak was going to implement the coice to be female hence the girl in this remake. Her looks make alot of sense because Johto is known for being more rural and Traditonal then with Kanto or the rest, but it would've been better if there was no overalls.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Meh, she probably just dyes her hair brown and gets new clothes.........but more than likely not
    I was informed on the 'The New female HGSS Girl' Discuss page in the 'Pokemon Manga Discussion' section that Crys hair was brown to start with in her debut and it shows that it was brown on volume 11 and volume 27.

I am going wait and see what the Pokemon Special writers do with the HGSS girl design instead of becoming judgemental about it. I think they can either put Crys in the HGSS girl clothes since their hairstyles are similar or introduce a new character who has a supportive main role and who plays an important part in the arc so I am not being too judgemental about what they will do because I might end up regretting it.

Leaf was designed as a female counterpart of Red for the original RBY games, but for whatever reason took her out. Then with G/S I think Gamefreak was going to implement the coice to be female hence the girl in this remake. Her looks make alot of sense because Johto is known for being more rural and Traditonal then with Kanto or the rest, but it would've been better if there was no overalls.
    I thought the female character in that guide book was unnamed because the word 'Leaf' as related to a character did not existed yet. It is most likely that Leaf was based on her design though. I noticed that you refered to the first generation remakes as 'the original RBY' games and the second generation remakes simply as GS. While it is true that Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are Pokemon Gold and Silver and not Pokemon Crystal it is also true that Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen is a remake of Pokemon Red and Green not Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Yellow.

I personally do not see anything against wearing overalls though, but the color scheme of the clothes is a little off meaning the shaded of different red, but that does not mean I hate this girl though. I am just neutral towards her until I learn more about her.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • Who knows? Maybe her sprite will look cute in-game.

And like I said on the other thread, they can't get rid of Crys that easily. Besides, she's caught practically every pokemon!

@ Epsekop: Hey, at least she's wearing trousers. If the new character was wearing a skirt there probably wouldn't be any discussion of whether Crys would stay.

Pass!on

I'll go swimmin' in your eyes
    Years
  • Bleh, I hope Kris doesn't get Soul's clothes. That would look ridiculous. Kris can't balance that enormous hat while doing her crazy Pokeball-kicking... thing. >:I
    Optimistically, I see Soul as either a supporting character or a new main character :> Kanto has four main characters, after all~ And since Soul kinda /does/ have a game of her own, it's possible... right?

That sounds like the best option~
    Honestly, Soul's clothes don't quite fit Kris. It's just not her style.
    And besides, I want to see Soul as a new character in Pokespe. She's got a cute design, and I'd love to see what kind of personality she has.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I am not going to assume that this new girl's name Soul and their is also the fact that the opposite gender character does have a role in the HGSS games unlike in FRLG which could affect what the HGSS girl's canon name will be. None of you cannot make me either believe that the girl name is 'Soul' because I like to wait and see what name Gamefreak will give her. You all can call her that though just do not force me to call her that.

Who knows? Maybe her sprite will look cute in-game.

And like I said on the other thread, they can't get rid of Crys that easily. Besides, she's caught practically every pokemon!

@ Epsekop: Hey, at least she's wearing trousers. If the new character was wearing a skirt there probably wouldn't be any discussion of whether Crys would stay.

I could see Crys wearing those clothes with long pants which look similar to Nintendo's Mario's clothes though. Yes the HGSS girl are wearing overall shorts meaning that they are something that is kickable in. A cannot really judge whether a big cap/hat would stay on a person's head though especially consider that this is fiction and it could very well stay on her head despite the sides. I will most likely probably be giving as a gift though. I notice that she is both athlete and is a research assistant. Thinking about it reminds how how Mario switch out his plumber sometimes to become a doctor. Though we still have to wait and see what the writers are planning to do though before concluding whether or not if they will change Crys into those clothes or introduce the HGSS heroine as a new character.

Last edited:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I tinck Cystal will be in the game inside Oak's Lab?
    and the new chick is Sappire in disguse

Clover Cat

Years
  • @ Mika555: I thought this new girl's name hadn't been decided yet, and Soul was a fanmade name for her. When I first saw the scans, my first thought was, "Oh, so this girl is Heart?" I think it makes more sense to call the boy Soul. Just IMO.

And yes, she looks like Mario. Heck, even her HAT looks like that giant plumber's hat he wears, only white with a ribbon instead of red with a symbol. I can imagine Crystal in those clothes, though, strange as that sounds. XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Mika555 said:
    I am not going to assume that this new girl's name Soul and their is also the fact that the opposite gender character does have a role in the HGSS games unlike in FRLG which could affect what the HGSS girl's canon name will be. None of you cannot make me either believe that the girl name is 'Soul' because I like to wait and see what name Gamefreak will give her. You all can call her that though just do not force me to call her that.

I have already explained this to you. It has already been confirmed by the official Japanese Pokemon website that her name is Soul.

clover_bookcat said:
    When I first saw the scans, my first thought was, "Oh, so this girl is Heart?" I think it makes more sense to call the boy Soul. Just IMO.

I've commented about this that Heart describes Gold, just like Fire did with Red. SoulSilver is like LeafGreen. Soul, Leaf, both the females, and Silver, Green, as the rivals.

Clover Cat

Years
  • @ RubyJB88: Oh, so her name's official? okay then.^^ And regarding Gold's name, that makes sense in the manga, but I don't think it makes sense in game. At least to me. Do you know if his name is official?

Back