• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime character personalities do you like the best?

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Do you find yourself liking a certain "type" of anime character? Do you tend to prefer the reserved and quiet characters, or the rebellious types? (this is going by personality, not looks).

For me, I tend to like very loyal and devoted male characters, particularly the really quiet and serious ones that angst a lot. They're usually rather polite. Being crazy/evil is a plus (haha). My favorite anime guys ever are Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, Hatori from Fruits Basket, Jin from Samurai Champloo, Krad from DN Angel, and Katan from Angel Sanctuary. (I find it rather interesting that the guys I tend to like in real life are the exact opposite of this though o_o)

For female characters- I usually tend to like girls that are either tomboyish, or cute but not overdone-pink-happy-happy-cute. My favorite girls are Riku from DN Angel, Kagura and Kisa from Fruits Basket, Kurai from Angel Sanctuary, and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin.

I also sometimes find myself liking characters purely because they're really funny, but overall I like what I stated above the most in anime characters.

Years
    The bad@$$

Best character personality ever... lol

Well, not the overly mysterious angsty bad@$$... those ones are cheap idiots. I want a bad@$$ with character and a spine. Not the one who cries every night about his dead tribe or whatnot. Those don't have a spine...

Kyoki

Manga Freak
    Years
    I tend to like the mysterious and quiet types (kind of like Future Trunks in Dragon Ball Z). I like people that don't talk much and seem to think they're better than everyone else (lol). I also like the kind of dumb yet kind-hearted types. They care about what people think and they are funny (kind of like Luffy from One Piece or like Son Goku from Dragon Ball-Z-GT). I have a lot more favorites (like the crazy and phycotic people or like the over-confident and braggy people), but these are kind of my most favorite.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I like the characters who are pretty intense but tend to be a bit ditzy at times, so have comedy value... like Edo-kun from FmA... Crazy people are good too ;)

Inuyasha

Too Tired to Care.
    Years
    lmao... well... I guess... in the male department- to best put it, I love the character on Kenshin Himura, but not the *Anime* kenshin. I'm talking... Trust and Betrayal/ Reflections Kenshin. Inuyasha's second in there... and then Junior from ROD. He's pretty sw33t too.

In the girl's personality... The ROD girls are uber cool, Kurumi and Sake from Steel Angel... An then there's my Kagome... ...-sigh- what else is there ta say 'bout her? >.> she pwnzd me.

Years
    yami yugi ai? hes like 600000 bajillion years old

Im the cute cudley who always gets the male main star, or dies X_X lol
    big cat ears to , and has a evil past, but got reincarnated as a neko girl
    lol now thats a storyline

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    I like many types of personalities. One is from Jiraiya from Naruto, he is funny lol , ad at same time powerful. Mugen from Samurai champloo, he is cool, lazy, and stupid.

At same time I like the ones like Brandon(Grave) from gungrave. Being serious and cool.

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    I like dark quiet male characters who are still nice but makes sarcastic/cold answers to a question XD

I also like confident, sarcastic, yet ditzy guys. They're fun XD

As for girls, I like tomboys a lot. I like positive, smart, sarcastic, and a bit sneaky too. x3 But I don't really like o-so-sweet-n-innocent-ong-im-so-adorable type of girls yanno? :x (I know they're tons of girls who are like that xD; )

As for examples in anime, I have to think hard xD;;

Hm I like sarcasm XD

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I like the cute and bad people like Blue!I also like cute but tough little cookies(like Shampoo from Ranma 1/2,Mimi from Duel Masters,etc.)

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    I like guys who aren't that important in the manga... Like gym leaders from the Pokemon manga??

For girls... Well.. I like cool, gorgeous and powerful people like Sabrina.. And meh fave female anime character is.. Elie from Rave.. She pwnz

Years
    XD, Badass, Sarcastic, merciless...Alucard XD

I also like the cute characters as well...the ones you just have to go 'Aww' at XD

Well with Male characters, I either like the Badass or the reserved and quiet types.

Female characters, well...I hate any female character who gives a bad portrail of females. So I tendt o go for the Tomboys or the cute ones (The aww type XD)

I don't know why, I just allways have, everyone gets times when they can't explain something XD

Years
    Guys - a good sense of humor, brave, loyal. I really like Ash from Pokemon for these reasons, he's got the personality I like.
    Girls - kick butt, maybe with weapons, no sob fest drama queens who can't deal with a cut or a scary monster...honestly...we're not all made that way!

Back