• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Anime/ Manga Characters Grind your Gears?

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    omg. yuka from elfen lied D:
    -RAGE-
    What Anime/ Manga Characters Grind your Gears?

she was so annoying.. -twitch-
    she was all like seducing her cousin and PMSing 24/7

...OBLARGHHHHH

also asuna from mahou sensei negima
    i think the only reason i didnt really like her is cuz i supported the nodoka x negi pairing and y'know

but.. i love lelouch D':

but i dislike nina, shirley, and v.v. from code geass
    nina - she's just creepy.. get over euphy D: it's not like she was your lovur
    shirley - i was sympathetic towards shirley at times, but i didnt like her cuz she came off as annoying in the beginning D;
    v.v. - you were supposed to be male? wtf? and the english dub voice was extremely annoying

Last edited:

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
    Years
    Um.

Elfman from Fairy Tail. Gah. How 'bout this; real men should SHUT UP about what real men do!

Lambo from Katekyou Hitman Reborn!. They took my favorite element, Lightning, and aligned it with a sniveling, cow-obsessed, baby? And the fact that he doesn't shut up annoys me. lol. The 15 and 25 year old Lambo's I find just fine though.

Sasuke from Naruto. He used to be my favorite character too. Kishimoto's series is turning out to be failing. fast. "Consumed by darkness"? Seriously? -sigh-

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    In series that I actually like, there usually aren't characters that I outright hate, and in series that I dislike the opposite is usually true. The only exception I can think of is that in my favorite series, Cardcaptor Sakura, I have a rather strong dislike of Meiling. She's an annoying character that I feel is one of the few things that detracts from such a great series. Not to mention she wasn't even in the manga. The only reason they even created her was because they made the mistake of dragging the series out too long in the beginning and decided Sakura needed a romantic rival. The manga did it fine, in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Most main characters of shoujo manga/anime. Especially the female ones. Though I don't watch the anime, Amu Hinamori annoys me. The fact that she becomes more omgkawaiidesu like normal protagonists as the story progresses just irritates me.

Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto annoys me too. They overdid the whole 'dark' thing IMO. Not like I ever read/watched Naruto.

Oh, and of course, Ash Ketchum. He's too typical :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Without a doubt, Inoue Orihime from the Bleach series is one of the most annoying Anime/Manga characters I have ever seen.
    All she really does is get in the way of others, and say "Kurosaki-kun!" like 50 times per minute.

Franky, if I were Ichigo, I'd had left her with the Arrancar and went to tap all the other Human ladies. :p

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I thought of another one! since i started reading bakuman: Takagi used to be my fav character but then he never finished that name over summer break and was being a slacker.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I can't stand Mimi from Lovely Complex. Oh my...she really wants Otani and Risa to break up. She wants Otani for herself. And her attitude...annoying.

And I don't like Tsukasa's mom(Kaede Domyouji) in Hana Yori Dango. She is so overprotective over her son. She doesn't want Tsukushi and him to be together because of the different backgrounds( Tsukasa is rich. Tuskushi is poor). She is so evil. Trying to ruin Tsukushi's life to gain her own. She just using Tsukasa to gain her business. She only cares about the business, but not Tsukasa's happiness. Tsukasa loves Tsukushi! Dang it! Let him and her be happy!

These guys annoy me the most. There are other character that annoy me, but I will explain in another time.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I would have to say most "Boke" characters from the 4-koma type anime tend to be pretty annoying to me.
    e.g. Konata Izumi, Kana Minami, Miu Matsuoka, etc.
    Miyako of Hidamari being an exception to this hatred, there may be others, but to a general point, I don't like "Boke" characters

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    For some reason, I can't decide between love and hate for Meroko Yui from Full Moon wo Sagashite. She's cute and funny, but it's all... "I love you, Izumi-kun. Izumi-kun, you broke my heart, so I love Takuto now! I love you, Takuto! Izumi, are you seeing this? I love Takuto now, see? Are you jealous, Izumi-kun? No? What? Takuto, you love Mitsuki? Oh well, I never stopped loving you, Izumi-kun!"

Yeah. That. I liked her during her Mero-chan stint, though, mainly because she interacted with neither Izumi nor Takuto, meaning she was actually normal for once.

And I can't stand the entire case of Tokyo Mew Mew. These girls are supposed to be eleven. Eleven! They act like 16-year-olds and have the figures to boot. They just... everything about them annoys me.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Just watched another episode of Inu Yasha (im hooked) and Koga needs to die!!! He's nothing w/o the sacred jewel shards he has and inu yasha always saves him but he still trys to kill inuyasha. scoff.
    -_-

Oh and Fe valentine from cowboy bebop, really annoying and kinda' gets in the way.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Well;

Ash from POkemon, one of the reasons I stopped watching the anime
    Dawn from Pokemon (see above)
    Angol Mois from Keroro Gunso, just annoys me so much!
    Tamama from Keroro Gunso, I like him, but his feud with Angol mois just winds me up.

That's it for now.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    Mikuru ~ Haruhi Suzumiya Series (I Just Have Something I Hate About Her...)
    Chibiusa/Rini ~ Sailor Moon (Annoying!)
    Hikari/Dawn ~ Pokemon (Annoying!)
    Minako ~ Maria-Sama ga miteru (...........)

Chikorita1992

I love Chikorita ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Akito from Fruits Basket, I don't like him. He's too evil for me.

I also don't like Rini from Sailor Moon. She irritates me and I can't stand to watch her.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Suzaku Kurugi from Code Geass has started to annoy me ( I'm only on episode 19) I wonder what would happen if he knew Lelouch was Zero.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    I don't see the point in hating fictional characters. Though Ikuto Tsukiyomi from Shugo Chara irks me. Mary Sues/Gary Stus also sometimes irk me, but I guess I really don't mind them that much, especially in anime.

Back