• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What appeals to you?

Years
    I feel that the exp share is really overpowered in Pokemon X and Y. If you are a newer player that doesn't want to commit that much time to the game, maybe this was your favorite part but me personally thought it was taking away the whole concept of having to work hard to individually train each and every one of your pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2014
    i dislike that the daycare man is too lazy to walk his ass five steps out and tell me my precious ditto just gave birth.

the destiny knot makes up for it though. overall i am most pleased with this gen over the priors.

Years
    I feel that the exp share is really overpowered in Pokemon X and Y. If you are a newer player that doesn't want to commit that much time to the game, maybe this was your favorite part but me personally thought it was taking away the whole concept of having to work hard to individually train each and every one of your pokemon

well I'm more of an older player that doesn't want to commit that much time to the game, although I suppose that depends on you definition 'that much time'. I wouldn't say exp share was my favorite new feature (I think being able to change your outfit is), I just find it convenient for leveling up. Though I can definately understand the point of view of it that it takes away from the difficulty of the game and of having to train up each pokemon individually.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years

Really? I found that the new and improved (or should I say old - if I remember correctly, this was how it used to function back in RGBY) Exp. Share was really helpful to me. I didn't have to spend so many hours training all of my Pokemon just to bring them to acceptable levels by battling under-leveled wild Pokemon. I'm also glad that they ditched the exp. gaining system from Gen 5, where higher-leveled Pokemon gained exp. slower if they defeated Pokemon that were of a lower level than them.

On to pet peeves... I think one of the gripes that I had was the massive drop in frame rate when you switched on the 3D in battles. I guess it didn't bother me too much, since I usually switch 3D off during normal play, but I would've used 3D a lot more in the game had this not been an issue. I'm not even sure if it's a problem with the 3DS's hardware being too underpowered - Mario Kart 7 is a very graphics-intensive game and it runs smoothly with 3D switched on. Other games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf have 3D in all areas of the game and run smoothly as well. I don't get why this was a problem to implement in X/Y. There were also a few awkward pauses in battles in between dialogue or just before Pokemon started attacking each other that I think are due to software issues and not hardware issues. Oh, and the problem with saving in Lumiose City (it bugs up your save file if you save there) was one of the biggest concerns to me when playing. I know that they released a patch to fix that issue, but I'm still worried about saving there to this day.

And about the story... [spoiler alert]
    Spoiler:

Having said this, I really, really, REALLY enjoyed the games and I can't emphasise this enough.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    As others have said; the GTS is nice, but needs a massive overhaul. Nature, EVs, IVs, Pokerus, and held items should be shown.

Dumb ways of obtaining Pokemon with hidden abilities also irritates me.

Seconding the GTS revamp. Having to flush out Pokemon with DW abilities in hordes can be annoying, though I did catch Intimidate Scraggy and Leaf Guard Roselia by random chance.

Back