• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Apple did to Google.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Please don't double post...

The search suggestions show the MOST POPULAR searches following what you have already typed. In other words, Apple product problems are the most popular searches following "why won't". So, in that regard, Apple products REALLY have REALLY bad problems that apparently have yet to be fixed since this search happened, what, a few days ago?

Both of his posts were the same so obviously it was an unintentional double post.
And you're right about how the searches work, but "why won't" is usually used in a negative context. If you search "why won't" for many different things similar things will appear about why things won't work. So it still does not mean that Apple products have more issues than other products.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The reason people Google that stuff so much is because Apple support is complete **** lol. Trying to get any help from them is pointless, mostly because the suggestions they give you solve nothing and require you to call them, and even then they solve nothing. Meanwhile, people on the internet find tons of solutions and they're a lot faster than having to wait a day for another email.

So, don't blame the products. Blame the Help line.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I don't feel like I'm being listened to, koff~

I (and several others) are not here bad mouthing Apple products for fun. It's simply the fact that Google search bars are used to figure out what went wrong with people's iWhatevers. So, regardless of how they work, how they function, and if they're superior or not: the search remains the same. Like I said before, rumors usually have something going for them. Apple has a lot of 'why won't' searches popping up. A lot of people own cars, Xboxes, other general items, etc. but Apple seems to be a complicated item for many and Apple seems to be less than helpful. No one here is saying Apple is the devil and you shouldn't use it.

It just seems to me that Apple makes some pretty shoddy products for the amount that they charge (let's not forget Microsoft does this too. And Ford. And McDonald's, and forever and onward). So, people search for problems on their Apple products (which is probably not proactive research) and have more problems starting their iPhone than they do changing their car oil, koffi~

Years
I guess it's time I stepped in on this, considering how this thread has pretty much run it's course with having little-to-no discussion valule, but I'll leave it open for now since it's gotten quite the replies from others..

Honestly, it's a search result. And Google will offer suggestions in two ways: in your case, it offered you the most-searched suggestions on Google. Google also augments suggestions and results relevant to your internet history and geographical location for better local results.

If you honestly think that Google showing you these results is a hatred amongst Google to Apple, then you are wrong. These are just commonly searched items amongst ordinary consumers who don't know how to troubleshoot by themselves. And think about it: Google is the most-used search engine across the entire world, and Apple products are quite the common item to own as well. So of course people are going to Google how to fix their stuff, but other than that, I see no way how search results like that could spark a war between Apple and Google.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The reasoning behind it is, since the suggestions you see are the most popular, it's very likely that your search is in the suggestions list. You can then just click instead of typing the rest out. I use this all the time for music searches on youtube.
Yes, well, isn't it easier just to continue typing? 'Tis for me at least.

\/

Grey Cat
Years
More people searching about problems with Apple hardware could mean they have less reliable products, but I'm pretty sure based on my own experiences that they have more reliable products.

When I type 'why won't' it shows iPad and iPhone not charging, but they are also the only mobile devices that don't have a charging light, which is understandably confusing.

Apple tends to attract less tech-savvy users compared to Windows or Android, and they are more likely to search for answers to problems rather than already knowing, figuring it out, or just putting up with it. Windows is also the standard in businesses and hospitals, who have teams of people to deal with computer problems.

It could also be because Apple products are relatively popular in the English-speaking world.

Back