• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are badges made from?

What are Badges made from?

• Wood!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
  • Dizzy said:
    Buuuut Anima make more sense than metal! Metal lacks Anima totally, and the badges do control elements (BOULDERBADGE is made out of stone, CASCADEBADGE is made out of encased water, THUNDERBADGE is made from encased Thunder.... need I go on?)

I fail to see how that makes more sense. :\

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • I think the badges differ, from Gym to Gym...if we are focusing on "real-life" Gyms, than I'm sure the badges would be made out of some sort of stainless steel, or some other sort of metal, with heat-resistance and such to keep it safe from Pokemon harm.

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • Eh, sorry if I said the same thing, normally in threads like this, I don't read anybody's posts, so I can ignore accidently copying someone's ideas.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Sean Fury said:
    Eh, sorry if I said the same thing, normally in threads like this, I don't read anybody's posts, so I can ignore accidently copying someone's ideas.

Nah, it's alright. i was just glad someone was thinking practically about it rather than surmising from their imagination. Anima is nice and all that, and a spell is really mystical, but it just doesn't seem practical, even in the pokemon world. i was agreeing with you. It's a poll, there is going to be repeated opinions. :D

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • I could understand Anima if the Pokemon Gym Leaders had...some sort of powers, like Sabrina with her Psychic abilties. But even than, it wouldn't make sense, because once you get to Johto...they have all those strange badges, ya know?

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • Let's stop using Anima now, call it Mana, it makes more sense. Anyway, it would be Wind Mana, because Flying-type equals Wind, ya know? Makes sense I guess.

Janis Joplin

so many fantastic colors
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2004
    i think badges are made from th peace love heo pe sysnshine comin from the gym leaders heart so theyre all good

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • It seems most likely metal. Why make it out of stone and then make it look like steel, when it's so much easier jsut to make it out of steel in the first place?

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Heh, I always figured they'd be made out of a mixture of plastic and glass, which would be cost-effective and also account for the badges' lustre...but making them out of laquer-coated metal does sound plausible.

I always figured the whole "this badge increases your pokemon's stats/makes traded pokemon obey you" thing was just a quirk of the games...if you wanted to apply that to an anime/fanfiction scenario, I'd say the badges are symbolic of the growing relationship between the trainer and pokemon...or maybe it just makes the pokemon go "wow, she's tough, maybe I'll refrain from biting her in the kneecaps..." *shrugs*

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    lol

I still think there stones, of some sort, but i always imagine water ones to be shells of some sort, and Fire ones could be fire embers, or coal lol!

Funny thread!

Back