• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are badges made from?

What are Badges made from?

• Wood!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I think!

There stones, with painted patterns on them, or if the gymms are cheap and mean, Plastic lol!

Username

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, at least we know that the orange league badges are
    made of seashells. The others I think are made of a really
    cheap type of metal. Or people won't be able to make as many
    badges.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I think there's a possiblity that badges are made from the same material (apricots or something similar) Kurt uses to makes Pok?balls. Or, maybe they're just made using the same process, but with a different material. Maybe metal, because metal shines. I've never heard of anima.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I think we can rule out anima since there's no magic in the pokemon world XP

Badges are metal, delicately painted and coated with a lacquer that makes them shine. Simple as that.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    But badges in the games have the power to make stronger Pokemon obey you. So I agree with Nick that they are made of a very special material like Aprikorns.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I think that it depends. Maybe leaders like Brock have their badges made with a certain type of material. (Boulder Badge = Stone?) They could be coated with something to give them their shine, maybe? They all do look metal, though. And I do wonder how they're supposed to give your Pokemon more power, like Iveechan mentioned.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    The woman that turned Ash into a Pikachu? I'm not sure I remember that, was it in the manga or something? o_O

Either way, it's confirmed that there are people with psychic powers in the pokemon world so I would lean toward it being some telekinetic effect, as Sabrina was able to turn the crew into dolls with her mind, it stands to reason that Ash could be turned into a pikachu by the same psychic power.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I think it's basically painted metal glazed to keep them from chipping, probably with a press mark to signify it's the real deal and not a fake.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It seems to me the whole idea of ?Hmm, this other human gave my human a piece of metal, I will respect him/her more? seems kind of weird. O_o;

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
    I'm saying metal, and my decision's purely based from the special episode "Misty! Get the Cascade Badge!" it seems most likely going by the screeshots. I don't think the level controlling power really comes into play within the Anime though and that the badges just tend to be collective and show a trainer's experience more than anything. Maybe i'm missing something though.

Chairman Kaga said:
    The woman that turned Ash into a Pikachu? I'm not sure I remember that, was it in the manga or something? o_O

The woman that turned Ash tnto a Pikachu was called Lily, i think...i don't know, she had pink hair anyway....she was from the episode "Hocus Pokemon"

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Kairi said:
    It seems to me the whole idea of ?Hmm, this other human gave my human a piece of metal, I will respect him/her more? seems kind of weird. O_o;

it's not what it's made of that makes them respect them more, it's waht it represtens. Let me run by you a different scenario.

" My human just recieved a symbol of the other human's recognition of the great leadership and strategy that shows we are great and will help us earn our way to the final tournament where we may become the strongest and the best in all the world. And it's all thanks to my humans strategizing, hard training, care and smart thinking on his feet." That is the kind of thinking that makes the Pokemon respect them more. The pokemon aren't dumb animals that just see it as a chunk of metal and leave it at that, they understand it better than that.They understand that it means their trainer's style of training is a successs and is worth some respect.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Buuuut Anima make more sense than metal! Metal lacks Anima totally, and the badges do control elements (BOULDERBADGE is made out of stone, CASCADEBADGE is made out of encased water, THUNDERBADGE is made from encased Thunder.... need I go on?)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    it's not what it's made of that makes them respect them more, it's waht it represtens. Let me run by you a different scenario.

" My human just recieved a symbol of the other human's recognition of the great leadership and strategy that shows we are great and will help us earn our way to the final tournament where we may become the strongest and the best in all the world. And it's all thanks to my humans strategizing, hard training, care and smart thinking on his feet." That is the kind of thinking that makes the Pokemon respect them more. The pokemon aren't dumb animals that just see it as a chunk of metal and leave it at that, they understand it better than that.They understand that it means their trainer's style of training is a successs and is worth some respect.
    Yeah but that respect is human-given. And if they already don?t respect you as a human, why would they care about the respect of other humans? =\ High level Pok?mon seem to think they?re too good to follow orders, so what does a human pact really do? I suppose it could be they know the power of the foe?s Pok?mon and then maybe recognize that if they respect their human, it should respect that human too, and if that human gives its human a badge, then?ehh, I guess.

Back