• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are Ev's and IV's?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If that doesnt learn ya,
    Evs are what makes your pokemon stronger in a specific stat. Its why there are so man pokemon fingerprints out there.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    EVs (effort values) and IVs (individual values) are hidden values that determine a Pokémon's stats. These are very important figures when dealing with competitive play, as they both have a vital role in determining a Pokémon's final stats.
    EVs (effort values)
    General rules to EVs:
    There is a limit of 255 EVs in each stat (attack, defense, etc.).
    The total EVs of a single Pokémon cannot exceed 510.
    For every four EVs in a stat, a single stat point is raised.
    Having 4 EVs in a certain stat adds one point to that stat. For example, if a Pokémon had 4 attack EVs, its attack power would be 1 point greater than normal. If a Pokémon had 40 attack EVs, its attack power would be 10 points greater than normal.
    Each stat can have up to 255 EVs (although only 252 of these are used). When combined, the total EVs of a Pokémon cannot exceed 510, so it's only possible to "max out" two individual stats.
    Each Pokémon defeated will give the Pokémon a certain number of EVs in a certain stat.
    Hope these helps^_^"!

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    Wow, I was wondering what they were myself, but now it just seems like something that would be a huge waste of time and a hassle, at least for me that is.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Wow, I was wondering what they were myself, but now it just seems like something that would be a huge waste of time and a hassle, at least for me that is.
    Actually, all you need is patience, when the time comes, your Pokemon will be stronger than ever! You'll see, all your hard work will pay off in the end^_^"!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    They can make a huge difference to the strength of your Pokemon and facing an EV'd Pokemon with one that isn't EV'd will be noticeable. The EV'd Pokemon will obliterate the other...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    They can make a huge difference to the strength of your Pokemon and facing an EV'd Pokemon with one that isn't EV'd will be noticeable. The EV'd Pokemon will obliterate the other...
    LOL.He is right,(NIce choice of words there!)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Why thank you!
    I assume you mean "obliterate"? xP
    If you ask any serious Pokemon Battler, they will tell you the same thing.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Your Welcome!
    Yeah, but some EV trained Pokemon get obliterated by other stronger,more experienced EV trained Pokemon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also, it can be a pain counting EVs and getting it just right but in the end it is completely worth all the sweat(of your ingame character, or your thumbs).

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Also, it can be a pain counting EVs and getting it just right but in the end it is completely worth all the sweat(of your ingame character, or your thumbs).
    Yeah, you do really need Patience & be knowledegable before you start EV training.
    (600-Yapehhhhhhh!!)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Yeah without knowledge of EV's, you may end up using the wrong EV's or putting too much or something.
    It is better off to do some some research then start.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    What he said^. You should know the right tools.the right Pokemon to do battle with then you can start

Back