• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What are some of your best memories?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    My gen 1 Pokemon were really good and I had a really good team. I didnt find the game hard to play because my Pokemon could die but I could keep going without restarting the game etc

Years
    -I remember being stuck in Rock tunnel for like 3 days cus i refused to use flash. Was proud of myself for making it out :)

-Hearing the elite 4 and Champion battle music was really fun. I usually play with very low to no volume but i would max it for those fights for drama sake and it was really intense every time.

-back then it took me easily at least 20 attempts to pass the elite 4 and champ. So finally doing so was super rewarding.

-Having no idea how to get to saffron city for the longest time. (needing to give the guard a drink) back then i had to use one of those obnoxious handbooks from walmart as internet walkthroughs weren't so accessible.

-LoL at the discovery of Missingno and the havoc it would wreak on my game.

-Taking my team to pokemon stadium when it came out for N64 and seeing them in 3d for the first time was awesome

-Porting my Gen 1 champions (Dragonite, Kabutops, Mewtwo) to my gold version was really fun seeing them still 1 shot everything because by this time they were around 90+

- Random a$$ Red @ Mt. Silver :-D

What are some of your best memories?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    Some great memories from these games, no doubt. Here are a few:

1. First off, Christmas of 1998. My parents bought me a GameBoy color set with Pokémon Blue. I WAS SO STOKED! I still remember powering it on as my 9-year-old self for the first time and selecting Squirtle as my starter. I thought Blastoise was a beast and I could not wait to get him evolved. Probably my favorite Christmas present as a kid.

2. Doing the Mew Glitch for the first time. So at this point, I had beat the game, filled the Pokédex, etc. But I always remember hearing rumors that there was a way to get Mew. I remember get on the internet with old dial up and searching cheat code websites trying to find out how to get Mew. I even remember finding a fake post claiming that you would find a level 999 Yoshi underneath the Truck by the St. Anne. But of course, no Yoshi or Mew was there. Defiantly surprised to find the truck there though! And then I remember coming across the correct glitch on the internet. I remember thinking "Well, it's worth a shot". When I did the first part where you fly away after you had been seen and the start button wouldn't work, I started freaking out. After the battle with the kid with the Slowpoke, I remember flying to Lavender Town and walking left. All the sudden, the start menu popped out of no where, JUST LIKE THE WEBSITE SAID IT WOULD. My 10-year-old mind is going bonkers. I hit the B-button, go into a battle and BOOM, there it is: Mew. MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!!

3. So a couple years ago, my girlfriend (now wife) and I were in a long distance relationship. She had just recently tore her ACL playing soccer and was suppose to stay in bed for a while to heal up. I suggested she play Pokémon Red/Blue to pass the time since she never finished the game as a kid. (It was her brother's GameBoy, so she didn't get to play too much). So one night, I'm texting her and she's telling me how close she is to beating the Elite Four. She finally beat Agatha and texted me "Finally! One more to go!" Then about 10 seconds later, "WHAT?! Lance has DRAGONS!!!!!! Crap." So I kept texting her about how it was going. She used up all her full restores/potions/etc. and somehow barely beat Lance. She texts me "YES!!! I DID IT! I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR". Right then I start thinking to myself "wait for it, wait for it.....". (About 5 seconds later) "WHAT?!?!?! I HAVE TO BEAT GARY AGAIN!" She never ended up beating Gary. It's something we still laugh about.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    i remember we held a big tournament after school one day and i managed to win the tournament which ended in one of the most tense matches i've ever played.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    My favorite memory has to be when I was attempting to defeat the Elite Four on my Red version for the first time - ever. That music just got me so pumped as a 10 year-old, I truly felt like this was it. I can vividly remember sitting in the back of my mom's minivan with my Gameboy Pocket (it was red too)... hahaha...

Granted, I only had a high-leveled Charizard... and a bunch of HM slaves, all whom were around level 12-15 or so. I did not realize how doomed I was... but not to worry, I got through it with enough Full Restores and PP restoring items. I had no idea what I was doing, but it just felt like I was ending an epic, you know? Ah, nostalgia.

Back