• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your Favourite Programs?

supertails

Dictator
Years
  • How was I going off topic? 3 flavors of programs. I could talk about Linux and remain on topic. Linux is a Program, docx is a Program, Jpeg is a Program, Photoshop is a Program, etc everything in the computer is a Program even virus and worms are Programs.

Anyway. I really like Open Office though. Firefox is my Favorite Program as I use it the most.

I've used Photoshop and Gimp.

Gimp is much easier to use but I don't use it much.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • S-Tails, this is a thread for naming off your most used programs, not discussing them.

Any way I've been favoring Handbrake, Quicktime, iWork trial, photoshop, and VMware Fusion lately.

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    Photoshop CS2
    The rest of the Adobe CS2 suite -- mostly Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver
    Outlook Express
    Windows Media Player
    Sony Vegas
    Microsoft Works
    Wordpad
    Windows Live (MSN) Messenger
    Eon-Rider said:
    I bet 80% of everyone who says Photoshop in this thread has a pirated copy.
    I'm not in the eighty percent either. :]

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    How was I going off topic? 3 flavors of programs. I could talk about Linux and remain on topic. Linux is a Program, docx is a Program, Jpeg is a Program, Photoshop is a Program, etc everything in the computer is a Program even virus and worms are Programs.

Anyway. I really like Open Office though. Firefox is my Favorite Program as I use it the most.

I've used Photoshop and Gimp.

Gimp is much easier to use but I don't use it much.

Cause you're only meant to state your favourite programs, geh.

docx and jpeg are file types, just so you know. Now don't go off topic anymore.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • S-Tails, this is a thread for naming off your most used programs, not discussing them.

Any way I've been favoring Handbrake, Quicktime, iWork trial, photoshop, and VMware Fusion lately.

I know. I'm sorry.

My favorite Data is PNG. My favorite Application is firefox. My favorite OS is Linux.

Cause you're only meant to state your favourite programs, geh.

docx and jpeg are file types, just so you know. Now don't go off topic anymore.

Ask anyone in Computers and they will say those are programs but I'm going now.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
  • Paint.NET
    Stardock ObjectDock
    Stardock WindowBlinds
    Stardock DeskScapes 2.0
    Stardock CursorFX
    Stardock IconPackager
    Google Earth

...and many more!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • AIM, WLM, Firefox, iTunes, AdvanceMap1.90, mIRC, a bunch of ROM hacking Programs, Ares. I have a Wakoopa too, but I haven't been on in forever.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    My favorite programs are Photoshop 7.0, ImageReady 7.0, Firefox, Outlook Express, Spybot, Adware 2007, Norton Internet Security, Norton Anti-Virus, Windows Live Messenger, Azureus, and Windows Media Player, and Windows Movie Maker

And that is all for now. =D

Last edited:

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    Messengers:
    1. AIM
    2. MSN
    3. Skype
    4. Xfire
    5. YIM

Games:
    1. Sim City 4
    2. Big Biz Tycoon 2
    3. Rollercoaster Tycoon
    4. 3D Ultra Lionel Traintown ( is broken now though :( )
    5. The Sims Deluxe Edition (also broken)

Production Programs:
    1. Pinnacle Home Studio 10 (I use it to record, but the renderer won't work for exporting on my Vista)
    2. Windows Movie Maker (I use this to put together all my clips)
    3. Cakewalk Home Studio 2003 (awesome program, I use it to write MIDI songs)
    4. Audacity (really good for freeware, I use it to record video game music for my 28GB computer mp3 player)
    5. Microsoft Excel (not my favorite overall, but i love all the stuff you can do with numbers)
    6 Microsoft Access (I've been working on upgrading from Excel to Access recently, but still haven't found out most of the features of Access)
    7. Microsoft Word (pretty basic, I use it for schoolwork and the like)

Media Players:
    1. Winamp (has very simple features, everything i need, plus over 1000 visualizations. i still love it)
    2. Windows Media Player

urban_guerrilla

Two-tone Panther
    Years
  • Hm... Firefox is usually the first thing I start when my computer boots, along with Exaile for music. I use OpenOffice for all the office-y things I do, and the GIMP for graphics work (possibly the most awesome program ever?). Kaffeine is my general media player (videos and DVDs).

Pidgin, Emesene and XChat handle all the IM networks I use, as well as Skype for video calls.

X-Moto, AssaultCube, Nexuiz, Alien Arena and Tremulous are the games I play most.

K3B gets a special mention as the best CD/DVD burning software in the world.

Compiz fusion and Avant Window Navigator (look on youtube for examples) provide eye-candy. Very important. ;)

EDIT: Evidently we're not meant to be discussing these programs, but I feel compelled to mention (in case people were wondering and didn't know, although I see that the topic has been brought up already) that all of these programs are FLOSS (Free (free as in beer) and Libre (free as in speech) Open Source Software), so I advise everyone to check them out, 'cause they don't cost a thing (although some of these are linux-only).

I particularly recommend that anyone not prepared to spend hundreds of pounds on proprietary software check out the GIMP and OpenOffice. Also, the games I listed are fantastic (IMHO), so take a look!

That's the hard sell over then, as it were. ;)

Last edited:

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • LimeWire, for music and small videos.
    Coral Draw 13, for school projects and putting together basic signatures.
    MSN, obvious reasons.

That's about it. I don't know how to use much else on the computer other than teh intarwebz. =/

Back