• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    i caught it with a timer ball.
    i went through ultra balls until it started using struggle. i only had 1 timer so after the first time it used struggle i used the timer ball.

I save my master ball.

The best thing to do if you run out of Ultra Balls is to restart and if you run out again just restart until the beast is finally caught. That is the best method of use. Buy 200 Ultra balls. Then save in front and use 1 attack to weaken the beast then just start chucking. Usually at most it takes anywhere from 40-60 Ultraballs. Moderators that I know recommend these items over the Master Ball because The master ball is an easy catch and you only get one unless you do the lotto get get another. Anyway that is the best item to use.:)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I was Soft reseting for a good spatk nature so I used Master ball so it wouldnt take too long.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    I allways do cover pkm's the easy way, with masterball

XanthonyX

That one guy over there!!
    Years
    normal pokeball took like ten tries i am kinda lucky when it comes to normal pokeball so thats all i ever use and i hate the master ball.

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    A Dusk Ball ... And then I somehow didn't get the item that lets Giratina keep it's other form. I don't know what happened there.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    I used Master Ball, I didnt save before so.....
    @Joe-Kun, did u beat the league and go to Sendoff spring and the cave there? u get it somewhere in the cave

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    @Joe-Kun, did u beat the league and go to Sendoff spring and the cave there? u get it somewhere in the cave

I beat the league, so I'll try going to Sendoff Spring. Might be what I'm missing considering I don't remember ever hearing about it.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    So many people caught it with a Dusk Ball. o:
    I for one caught Giratina with a Priemer Ball.
    I caught all my Pokemon on Platinum with Priemer Balls. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    On Platinum I used the Master Ball, since I was resetting for a specific Nature. On Diamond and Pearl I caught it using Dusk Balls.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    I agree, I had used 10 ultra, 5 timer, a Premier ball(for lols) and then tried my only Dusk I had, before just saying forget it and using masterball.I used masterball.

Back